Wintersmith available early in some shops!

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by TheJackal, Sep 21, 2006.

1. TheJackal Member

Yep, it has happened again. Every year some shop seems to put Pratchett's newest book on their shelves earlier than they should.

Wintersmith's offical release date is September 26th but my local shop (Easons) has it out today. My local Waterstones does not have it out yet though.

Funny thing is that the book is in large paperback form, not hardback! I wonder if this will be the same everywhere or just some weird thing for Ireland?
    It's published by Doubleday, who do all the UK hardbacks for PTerry, so it's weird that they should publish this one in paperback.
  2. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

That sounds like a 'trade softback', published in the same size and format as the hardback, but with soft covers. They're often available earlier, but obviously aren't as hardwearing as the hardbacks.
  3. Tephlon Active Member

Anyone interested in gettting me one of those trade softbacks?

I'll pay for it & shipping, I just can't wait for the official paperback to come out...
  4. mikecook New Member

I was visiting Waterstones in Manchester (UK) yesterday and they had a wall full of Hardback books for sale. Plus you get 4 pound knocked off!

Can't be bad :-D
  5. Nester New Member

6. inwig New Member

Don't blame you there Nester. I had two stores in the nether regions of Africa who were well trained into phoning me before the books got on the shelves.
    Mostly because this mad Ex Brit had nagged them into submission.