Why am I not that surprised?

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Keith Richards says he snorted father's ashes

Stones guitarist mixed remains with cocaine — ‘it went down pretty well’

MSNBC News Services
    Updated: 7:01 p.m. ET April 3, 2007
    LONDON - Keith Richards has acknowledged consuming a raft of illegal substances in his time, but this may top them all.

In comments published Tuesday, the 63-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist said he had snorted his father’s ashes mixed with cocaine.

“The strangest thing I’ve tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father,” Richards was quoted as saying by British music magazine NME.

“He was cremated, and I couldn’t resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn’t have cared,” he said, adding that “it went down pretty well, and I’m still alive.”

Richards’ father, Bert, died in 2002, at 84.

Richards, one of rock’s legendary wild men, told the magazine that his survival was the result of luck, and advised young musicians against trying to emulate him.

“I did it because that was the way I did it. Now people think it’s a way of life,” he was quoted as saying.

“I’ve no pretensions about immortality,” he added. “I’m the same as everyone ... just kind of lucky.

“I was No. 1 on the ‘who’s likely to die’ list for 10 years. I mean, I was really disappointed when I fell off the list,” Richards said.

The rocker, who underwent an operation in New Zealand last year after reportedly falling out of a tree in Fiji, also took a swipe at some of the big musical acts of today.

“Everyone’s a load of crap,” he said. “They are trying to be somebody else, and they ain’t being themselves. Libertines, Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party? Load of crap, load of crap. Posers, rubbish.”

The Associated Press and Reuters contributed to this report.
  2. spiky Bar Wench

Just to complete the weirdness in todays paper this was next to the article about 5 11-13 year olds being arrested for having sex in the class room in front of the class (the teacher had left the room) full story

I blame...Doors!
  3. HalfJack New Member

I'm pretty sure Keith Richards is only around because all the things he's ingested over the decades have mummified his insides, making him into some kind of immortal, zombie type creature.

He will live on for eternity, forever being a role model to all aspiring rockstar junkies.
  4. Maljonic Administrator

Well I think it's quite a nice idea, makes as much sense as doing anything else with someone's ashes. Speaking of mummies, they used to do a similar thing around the Nile area a very long time ago, eating parts of dead relatives to absorb their qualities. I think the special children got all the best bits, the major organs mostly, where the not so popular got the leftovers.
  5. HalfJack New Member

This would be the Egyptian version of the aunts who send you hankies and then buy your cousin a car.
  6. chrisjordan New Member

Heheheh. Woot. :)
  7. mowgli New Member

From one of Denis Leary's rants:

"And then I heard the funniest thing - Keith Richards saying in an interview that kids shouldn't do drugs... Of course we're not going to do drugs, Keith - cause you already did them all!!!"

(all and more, apparently!)
  8. Roman_K New Member

Only to be expected, really. It was probably a reflex reaction.
  9. Rincewind Number One Doorman

When i die, I want kieth Richards to injest me.
  10. mowgli New Member

11. Katcal I Aten't French !

One of my favourite lines from the film Love Actually:

"Kids, don't buy drugs ! *significant pause* Become a rock star, and you'll get them for FREE !"