Soda Wars Round Three: FIGHT!

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, May 23, 2007.

?

Who should win?

Frostie Vanilla Root Beer 7 vote(s) 43.8%
Sarsaparilla 9 vote(s) 56.3%
  1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

This match is a close pairing between

Frostie Vanilla Root Beer

and

Sarsaparilla
  2. Stercus Stercus New Member

This is one for me to sit out. Never tried either of them.

The frostie vanilla root beer sounds nice thou.
  3. Maljonic Administrator

I haven't tried either of them myself (I didn't think it was an absolute requirement to vote), but I voted for [WIKI]Sarsaparilla[/WIKI] as it sounds like the best of the two going by the description.
  4. Garner Great God and Founding Father

man, if you only vote for things you've tried, then how in the world will Fizzy Cabbage Drink become the grand champion?
  5. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Can the people who nominated these explain why their drink is the greatest?
  6. Stercus Stercus New Member

ok, I've voted for the root beer cos it sounds really nice.
  7. Stercus Stercus New Member

I wonder how long I've got before my round to assemble a case.
  8. spiky Bar Wench

I said sarsparilla as it can be added to alcohol. Anything that can be made alcoholic has got my vote :)
  9. TamyraMcG Active Member

I nominated the Frostie vanilla root beer. It has the bite of a good oldfashioned rootbeer with smooth overtones of vanilla, It is very nice, It has been a longer time since I had a sarsaparilla but I never thought much of sarsaparilla as far as I can remember. I don't know why you couldn't add alcohol to root beer, Don't they make rootbeer flavored schnapps?
  10. Garner Great God and Founding Father

I once invented a drink that was Root Beer and Whiskey. I called it the Rhiskey.
  11. Katcal I Aten't French !

Didn't the smurfs drink Salsaparilla ? this would make it cool. If not, then vanilla root beer sounds good-ish...
  12. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I do like root beer. It is the drink of Snoopy. But what about this sarsaparilla business? Who nominated that? *is too lazy to check the thread*
  13. Hex New Member

Went for the root beer. I love root beer...
  14. Stercus Stercus New Member

I'm not too lazy. It was Nester wot done it.
  15. Ba Lord of the Pies

Ba voted sarsaparilla. Vanilla does not belong as a soda flavor. It is just as much an abomination as chocolate sodas.
  16. Garner Great God and Founding Father

*hits ba with a bottle of creme soda*
  17. Katcal I Aten't French !

Ok, that does it, root beer it is then. Just because Ba disapproves.
  18. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

You know, that is an excellent point. Cream soda is disgusting too, Garner. I have tied the votes by going for sarsaparilla, which also has a cooler name than any kind of root beer.
  19. Nester New Member

It's sarsparilla for crying out loud people. Just say the word: sarsparilla.... I don't know about you but I feel empowered now.

I suppose on the outside this may appear to be a tough decision, but when faced with a tough decision there's a tried and true method I always use: What Would The Duke Do?

What would John Wayne (potentially the biggest rump kicker ever to be born) choose to drink after a long day of drinking rotgut whiskey and fighting claim jumpers/cattle rustlers/enraged indigenous people/train robbers? Would he choose a sissy vanilla drink? Or would the Duke decide to go with something you can be proud of?! The choise is obvious, Sarsparilla for all!

He's watching you:

[IMG]
  20. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Ten-shun! John Wayne On Deck!
  21. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Now that's what I'm talking about!
  22. Perdita New Member

The duke all the way .... Sarsparella for me!
  23. Garner Great God and Founding Father

right, Sarsparilla wins.