Members' Photo and Picture Gallery

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Maljonic, Jul 9, 2005.

1. Maljonic Administrator

There is now a members' picture gallery that all members can upload pictures to; it is reached by clicking where it says Albums in the forum page, alongside: Board Usage FAQ • Search • Memberlist • Profile •

Using it is pretty straight forward; after you click on Albums either click 'Users Personal Galleries' to view other people's pictures, or click 'Your Personal Gallery' to view your own pictures or upload new ones. :)

P.S. There are two options for the destination of your uploads, your personal album, which will be the most commonly used; and Member Iconographs, a category that was just made up as a test, which we may or may not use for competitions or something later - or perhaps as a collection of member mug shots or something?

New categories can also be added. :)
  2. Silmaril New Member

That's great :) I have uploaded a pic of me . . . and another pic of me in my own album. :roll:
  3. Maljonic Administrator

That's cool; be good if we could get all the members in the Members' Iconographs section see we can see them all at once - I rated your picture a ten in case you're wondring who did it, partly because it's a nice picture and partly for being brave enough to be the first person to put their picture up there. :)
  4. Maljonic Administrator

Marcia just told me that she thinks rating pictures is a bit nasty, or it might be thought of as mean in the future, and I can see how this might happen and do agree it might be a little mean, so the ratings have been switched off. I thought we could use them in the future for rating competition entry pictures, but we can just as easily make polls for that. I hope this is okay with everyone? :)
  5. Roman_K New Member

Hmmm, this gallery is indeed a worthy addition. Now, all I need to do is to find a good picture of mine, and...

This might take some time. For now, I think I'll upload the Vampire picture.
  6. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I'll find one later.
  7. Mynona Member

Gah, I'll see if I can get one up later but first I have to resize it in every way possible.
  8. sleepy_sarge New Member

OK - well I gave this a go....
  9. Hsing Moderator

I will also post something once I'm back home.
    Seeing Mal all alone in that gallery... :(
    I also have a wedding homepage and an online album. For years I have been promising baby fotos and, for weeks, wedding pics, but I was somewhat reluctant towards publishing them, as the olden Boards demonstrated who besides the good people of this community floats the net... With my daughter in them and all... so I'm not quite sure what to do...
    Is there a restricted area for member galleries?
    If not, pm me. Or rather, clack me. Hm. Sounds wrong, somehow...
  10. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Just being a prophet of doom and gloom, but posting photos of yourself online is something that you may regret...

I should never have let them get that dress onto me...
  11. Hsing Moderator

12. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I've posted some.
  13. Delphine New Member

Aw, Grace, I though we were going to see Garner in a dress. ;)

I uploaded one. Even though there's loads of me looking toothpaste in the lookalikes thread :shock:

it's cut from a pic taken during the dmc in april because everyone else in that picture, and the person who took it, has left... Ominous. :?

Edit - Just looked at everyone elses... Grace, you don't look like a freak in that kiddy picture. Just unnaturally serious for a child.

And the pic Mal got his avatar from is beautiful. I liked the wedding picture as well. Gorgeous dress Marcia.

Something else I noticed... Apparantly we all joined in 1970. Which is quite a feat for me, seeing as I was born in 1984 :) What happened there? Or am I misinterpreting something obvious... That'll probably be it.
  14. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Try telling that to Doors! Thanks, though. I was unnaturally serious for a child.
  15. Maljonic Administrator

It's a glitch in the photo album, I'll probably get around to fixing it eventually but it's not very vital so it might be a while; or we could just leave it like that? :)
  16. chrispenycate New Member

Working on it- I "borrowed" Photoshop from the video department, but don't know it, and can't get the pictures under the 128k limit
  17. Andalusian New Member

This album thingy is pretty nifty. I uploaded a pic of myself to my album.
    Nice pics everyone! Don't worry Buzzfloyd, everyone looks freaky as a child.
  18. Hsing Moderator

Put up a pic, too...
  19. sampanna New Member

You have a sweet daughter Hsing, though she looks really annoyed in that picture :D
  20. Roman_K New Member

Let us try to make a Babyexpression-English translation: "Mummy, I am not ready for this picture. The lighting is all wrong, there's all those other kids in it, and you take up more than half of it. I want my agent!"

Yep, sounds about right.
  21. Roman_K New Member

Save the picture in .jpg format, as this will save tons of space. If that fails still doesn't help, try to resize the picture. I'd give you a step-by-step guide, but I haven't used Photoshop in ages.
  22. sampanna New Member

:D
    ----
  23. Orrdos God

Just uploaded my dashing visage into the members photos.

:)
  24. Hsing Moderator

:D

25. Roman_K New Member

Ah, the mummy in question approves! ;)
  26. Hsing Moderator

Lets say I'm used to her stealing all the spotlight from me. Diva. ;)
  27. sampanna New Member

28. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Nice goaty,....Though, you look a bit manish for a girl. No offence.
  29. Ruka New Member

I just uploaded my picture. :) It isn't the greatest picture EVAR but I figured I'd use it anyways. I don't have any other pictures on hand. Heh.
  30. Delphine New Member

Nice pics, Ruka and Sampanna. :)
  31. lipi New Member

I've put up a pic of my favourite dessert.. I'm there somewhere too, if you look hard enough :D
  32. sampanna New Member

None taken! Sorry Rinso, I hope I didn't dash too many dreams ..
  33. colonesque10 New Member

Nice pics people. I'm still currently looking for a picture of myself with long flowing locks of hair. I know there's one around here somewhere. :)
  34. Rincewind Number One Doorman

After seeing for photo I thought you looked exactly like the guy from ‘Short Circuits‘- With the Robot Jonnhy 5. So I rushed off to IMBD aready picturing the phrase I’ll get in the look a likes thread for finding such a Gem. Instead, I found out that you look NOTHING like him. (how selffish of you!) My memory lied to me. But, I do think you’d be great to play that part. I might even go as far to say that you’ve based for life on him and are indeed the real life guy from Short Ciruits! You’re probably putting the final touches on your wacky computer friend, Bobby 6* right now!

*copy right laws are a bastard.
  35. sampanna New Member

Well, I couldn't see anyone there who looked so unlike me that you would confuse me with him, so as usual, I don't know what you are talking about :p
  36. Dane New Member

OK have a picture, I'll try uploading it now
  37. Rincewind Number One Doorman

38. Dane New Member

My picture is too big! I'll just edit it now....
  39. sampanna New Member

I actually had similar hair once, when I let it grow too long!
  40. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Well then, you're clearly the guy (i think he was called Ben) from Short Circuit!

JONNHY 5 IS ALIVE!
  41. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Chris, I have to say that your picture looks nothing like how I imagined you. ;)
  42. chrisjordan New Member

That deserves...a rolly-eyed smiley. :roll: I didn't even put it in Member Iconographs.

I might upload a photo of the Actual Me at some point, though. Then you can all see the beautiful big ears that Ben loves so much.
  43. Hsing Moderator

44. Maljonic Administrator

45. Hsing Moderator

Maljonic: :D

By the way, where should you've seen any of them before? I put them up this morning. :)
    And thanks.
  46. Maljonic Administrator

Oh, I thought you'd posted some of the pictures earlier, and some today. :)
  47. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Hsing, those are great! I'll try to scan in the little sketch I've just done of a halfling character of mine.

Mal, the one of you in space is cool! How did you do it?
  48. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I scanned in the sketch and uploaded it to my gallery.
  49. Maljonic Administrator

One of the other spacemanauts, a koala bear actually, is pretty handy with a camera. :)
  50. Hsing Moderator

Heh, Buzzfloyd, that's great! That grin!