All New deathmatch: Fight 2

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Orrdos, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Orrdos God

The 5th elephant tramples its way into the next round.

Lets bring on:

Monstrous Regiment Vs Witches Abroad

Monstrous regiment is a new comer to the sport, but Witches Abroad is an old hand, reaching the semi finals of the last tournament. Along the way it claimed the scalps of Sourcery, Moving Pictures and Pyramids, before finally being knocked out by Small Gods.

Well, I never liked Monstrous Regiment much. Witches Abroad though, is my favourite of the witch books :)

Easy one for me then!
  2. chrisjordan New Member

Witches Abroad was hilarious. I think Monstrous Regiment was too preachy and too unbelievable.
  3. Maljonic Administrator

Witches Abroad for sure, M R is the worst of the Discworld books I think.
  4. Electric_Man Templar

I liked MR, it was a decent book and the "twist" didn't grate on me as much as it seems to have on other people, there was a very good story in there

But Witches Abroad shades it on sheer hilarity for me and some very good points about living your life as if it's a story.
  5. Hex New Member

I agree Ben, MR wasn't as terrible for me as some people found it to be.
    But Witches Abroad is by far my favorite of the two. :)
  6. TamyraMcG Active Member

Me three, I liked MR just fine but WA was wonderful, and I almost missed it. I thought I had read them all but I picked it up almost by accident and realized I hadn't and I laughed and laughed.
  7. koshu New Member

I loved witches abroad cause of all the foriegn lingo, so my vote is there for sure :lol:
  8. Innkeeper New Member

Loved the falling house, but Granny finding herself amongst the images sold me on WA being my favorite of the Witch books.
  9. MissTeak New Member

Witches Abroad. I liked Monstrous Regiment, but found it kind of... stiff? Something like that. Witches Abroad was a lot more fun.
  10. Katcal I Aten't French !

Geeze... that's tough... I actually liked MR, and it's been so long since I read Witches abroad, as it is one of the rare books I don't own myself. But hey, I do love those witches, whatever the book, so I guess I'd better stay loyal to them, or granny weatherwax will [b:7b94cbfe3b]look [/b:7b94cbfe3b]at me.
  11. silverflagon New Member

I liked MR, though I had guessed some of the outcome well before the last chapter.
    Most of his books tend to leave you guessing, and I think that was the main problem with MR.

My favourite book of all time just has to be Mort, because it was my first, but Guards Guards takes a lot of beating for laughter time :D
  12. Bradthewonderllama New Member

13. fairyliquid New Member

Witches Abroad was fun and starred the witches. What more can I say.
  14. Ozzer New Member

*Gets in line behind the other three who chose MR*

With an ID like Ozzer, how could I choose otherwise?
  15. Darth_Bemblebee New Member

Whilst being pretty entertaining in it's own right, in my opinion Monstrous Regiment SIMPLY WASN'T DISCWORLD *chokes with the horror of it all*.

WA was delightful in every respect. The pumpkins! :D
  16. Roman_K New Member

Witches Abroad gets my vote. MR could have been much, much better than it was.
  17. Orrdos God

Ok, and the (eventual) winner is:

Witches abroad!

:)