When the colour of magic went on TV

Discussion in 'THE WIZARD BOOKS' started by colourofmagicgirl, Mar 25, 2008.

1. colourofmagicgirl New Member

It was absolutely brilliant !! They did it so perfectly it looked so real. It was like you where there yourself. They used blue screen and green screen but it looked like it was there in real life.The actors and actresses were very funny and when needed to be very scary or serious.They really captured the people they were trying to act.
  2. Maljonic Administrator

I think what I saw was mostly brilliant, though there was a bit near the start where Rincewind steals that horse and it looks really obvious he's in front of a filmed background, but it only lasts like two seconds and it gets better after that.
  3. randywine Member

Mrs. R. and myself thoroughly enjoyed the screen adaptation of COM/LF.
    (Could have really done without David Jason's almost constant grunts and Ohh's and Ahh's on the background soundtrack though.)

R.
  4. Katcal I Aten't French !

It was kind of cool (except for a couple of really lame extras in the background who totally ruined the film, obviously) I still can't get my brain around some of the casting choices, or why Vetinari had to have such a lame accent/speech defect or whatever that was supposed to be. The end of the film DID rock, and on the whole it was enjoyable, just not as perfect as it could have been...
  5. sammi New Member

Was a bit disappointed in the casting, but overall, I really enjoyed it. A couple of bits I really like in the books were missed out, but it didn't take away from the story, just me being awkward!
  6. cameronP New Member

i thought it was well put and was done to the best and spirit of the what Terry Pratchett wrote.

i knew there was a dvd i wanted
  7. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I haven't seen it. :( I wonder if we can get it on Lovefilm?
  8. Maljonic Administrator

Definitely. You can buy a copy pretty cheap now too, I've seen it in supermarkets for less than £10.