What's your homepage?

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Orrdos, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Orrdos God

Whats the default page on your net browser of choice?

Mine is Google
  2. Delphine New Member

3. KaptenKaries New Member

At home, google. At work, multiple tabs with various server monitoring tools, javadocs and google.
  4. sleepy_sarge New Member

The standard Firefox/Google combo that appears with the Firefox download.

Before I d/l Firefox (when the machine was new), it was the Toshiba home page that came with the PC setup.

Because I am lazy.
  5. Maljonic Administrator

I have lots of different browsers, all with Google as the home page.
  6. fairyliquid New Member

bbc news...I keep it on the international page. Otherwise I'd go days without looking at what was going on...
  7. Katcal I Aten't French !

at work, I have my company's homepage - seeing as that's what my job is: taking care of the company websites - and at home it's a free online wargame where I'm a mod/sweeper/doorperson/dogsbody/whatever, so it's handy quick. I have the google toolbar on all browsers so I don't even have to remember the address of the google hompage (yeah, it's sooooooo complicated... :roll: )
  8. Guest Guest

Oh how sad am i? *wail, sob, sniff*

You all have such normal homepages, Google, BBC news etc.

This is my home page, yep thats right, Terry's good old message board pops up as soon as i log on to the net.

:oops: I'm a geek arn't I?
  9. TheJackal Member

Yes, Google all the way for me as well
  10. Pepster New Member

I'm boring

www.newcastle.edu.au, its handy and firefox has a google toolbar so a quick search is easy.
  11. Electric_Man Templar

[quote:85b57888db="Pepster"]firefox has a google toolbar so a quick search is easy.[/quote:85b57888db]

I was going to say the same thing... what's the point of having google appear when you can just search with the toolbar?

My work homepage is the company's homepage.

At home, I have a Wycombe Wanderers site as my homepage on Firefox and ntlworld on IE as when I installed my broadband it appeared and I can't be bothered to change it as I hardly ever use IE.
  12. sleepy_sarge New Member

[quote:f719892d1e="Electric_Man"]
    I was going to say the same thing... what's the point of having google appear when you can just search with the toolbar?
    [/quote:f719892d1e]

You underestimate my laziness! I almost exclusively use the toolbar search, but the page is what came with the package!

Come to that - what is the point of any home page? There isn't one particular place I want to be every time I launch a browser, and the "home" button is no quicker than a bookmar/favourite button

Even my work home page (comapny one) doesn't contain anything I particulalry use, everything is a shortcut elsewhere.
  13. Faerie New Member

The Netzero page comes up when I first logon but no one here uses it.
  14. drunkymonkey New Member

15. Sir_Gawain New Member

At my personal computer, Google. At the family computer, Timesunion.com. It's a local newspaper site.
  16. Maljonic Administrator

[quote:1e2895ac71="drunkymonkey"]www.hl2ctf.com

I'm a playtester.[/quote:1e2895ac71]I used to do something similar with Team Fortress Classic years ago. :)
  17. drunkymonkey New Member

[quote:959b12f1e3="Maljonic"][quote:959b12f1e3="drunkymonkey"]www.hl2ctf.com

I'm a playtester.[/quote:959b12f1e3]I used to do something similar with Team Fortress Classic years ago. :)[/quote:959b12f1e3]

Cool! You actually playtested it? It's a very popular game now.
  18. Maljonic Administrator

Just went and played it, first time in about 3 years. It looks exactly the same, great stuff. :)
  19. Roman_K New Member

The Firefox Google start page, and www.cse.bgu.ac.il , which is my department's website. Ah, the joys of the pretending-to-be-toiling student...
  20. koshu New Member

21. drunkymonkey New Member

[quote:47e89c21ac="Maljonic"]Just went and played it, first time in about 3 years. It looks exactly the same, great stuff. :)[/quote:47e89c21ac]
    lol. Team Fortress 2 (when it finally comes out) should be good.