The End of CoM ????

Discussion in 'THE WIZARD BOOKS' started by boggon, Sep 2, 2006.

1. boggon New Member

In CoM at the end of the Last part: Close To the edge. On page 821 is says he fell off then The End. But then the story sort of continues and then at the end of one or two pages is another The End

WTF
  2. Electric_Man Templar

It's meant to be a kind of epilogue. But as Terry doesn't use chapters, then it would be weird for him to suddenly put in a title just for that.

I'm sure he does a similar thing in some of his later books, but I can't remember which ones at the moment.
  3. Ba Lord of the Pies

He landed in a tree growing out of the Rim. Then the tree broke.
  4. Katcal I Aten't French !

Well yes, I felt it was kind of like a reflection of what he was feeling at that point. He falls off the edge and expects that to be the end. Then he lands in the tree, and realizes it wasn't the end, and then he falls out of the tree and expects [b:bbce1ba608]this [/b:bbce1ba608]to be the end...
  5. boggon New Member

I thought maybe it was the start of The Light Fantastic; so it was sort of giving you a sneak preview.

I'm currently ordering The Light Fantastic and waiting for it to be delivered, so I don't know if it is the start. if you have it will you check for me?

[i:c6276ed2b4]Ricewind woke up and shivered. he was freezing cold[/i:c6276ed2b4] if that's the start of [i:c6276ed2b4]The Light Fantastic[/i:c6276ed2b4] then I'm right.
  6. Katcal I Aten't French !

Nope, it really is the end of CoM, although TLF does join straight onto the end of it.
  7. Electric_Man Templar

That's not the start of TLF, you'll see soon!
  8. boggon New Member

Okay, Maybe it's just so you think it's The End and ricewind is dead but then it proves it's not so probably just a little Teaser sort of thing.

Like in a movie when you think its the end and it turns out not to be. Or when the movie does end and then there's that little extra bit during or at the end of the credits. I don't know any examples but I'm sure there is one.
  9. Angua_rox New Member

I'd say so.

I always took it to be a teaser.
  10. lizdini New Member

Yes, I always thought that it was like a movie with a bit after the "ending". A lot of his books are very "movie-like".