Sal Lifton?

Discussion in 'THE DEATH BOOKS' started by pfft, Jun 8, 2009.

1. pfft New Member

I just finished reading Reaperman, and was just wondering weather or not Sal Lifton died or not? I remember that Death gave her some of his time but, after Death got his "job" back, what happened to Sal? Did she go on living or not? I have gone back to check but the only last thing I can find is where Ms Flitworth is holding "her body", and says: "She is still sleeping", or something like that and death says: "That's not sleep." Does this mean she is dead or did I miss something?

Any help would be appreciated. :)
  2. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I haven't read RM for years now! I'd have to go and re-read to check that.
  3. Hsing Moderator

The little girl, right?
    I remember not being sure about it back when I read the story myself, and concluding that, from a dramatic standpoint, it would probably make more sense if she survived. But the book really wasn't too explicit about this.

Well, this is comes after Bill Door is DEATH again, and has defeated his successor:

So, she's alive and, as it is ordinary sleep, will wake up again. I think that's the end of Sal Liftons story.
  4. pfft New Member

Ahhh, thanks for that. I always thought it would be a bit of a downer if she died and it wouldn't seem to be in keeping with Terry Pratchett.

Any chance you could tell me what no. page in the book you found that on? Sorry to be a pain.
  5. Hsing Moderator

238 of my UK edition. :)