Discussion in 'INTRODUCTIONS AND AVATAR TESTING' started by langeneg, Feb 24, 2009.

1. langeneg New Member

hello
    I'm new here. Sorry if my spelling is not always corect, but English is not my motherthong. But I hope, that you all will understand what I want to write. Be free to mark and write the right spelling. This would help me:smile:
    I live in a tiny town in Switzerland, Uster.
    My job. I'm a Labrat, so allot of chemistry, smoke, strange smells and sometimes a boooom:lol:
    greetz langeneg
  2. redneck New Member

I'll do a proper intro in the new member's thread, but since you asked for corrections, I believe it would be "mother tongue". I'm having difficulties trying to imagine what a motherthong would look like, and which of the two clothing articles may be the child.
  3. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

LOL, motherthong... :) Don't worry, Langeneg, you are pretty clear over all.
  4. langeneg New Member

Thank you, I thought that mother tongue would be the right word. Or how do you say to somebody what your native language is?
  5. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Mother tongue is correct. We were laughing because a thong is this.
  6. langeneg New Member

Oh, ahm yes somtimes our mothers wear them too, but that was not what I meant.
    But yes I have to chuckle to(hahahahahaha)
  7. langeneg New Member

Oh in german you call a thong just string. But I'm fond of learnig new words.
  8. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Let's confuse the whole issue with the Aussie version...
    [IMG]
  9. redneck New Member

That definitely is a motherthong.
  10. Katcal I Aten't French !

Strangely enough, the French call it a "string" too... Welcome to you langeneg, and thanks for the involuntary chuckle! :bunny:
  11. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Well, actually, 'thong' means basically the same as 'string' in English too, although it would usually imply something made of a slightly tougher material, such as leather.

Thong, according to Dictionary.com.
  12. Katcal I Aten't French !

Well, yeah but it's still funny to see English words misused in other languages. In fact, "thongs" in French are in fact flip-flops, as they apparently are in Aussie if I am to believe the cartoon.