hey, y'all

Discussion in 'INTRODUCTIONS AND AVATAR TESTING' started by Lurkin Ghoole, May 7, 2007.

1. Lurkin Ghoole New Member

I read compulsively. Discovering Terry P. a couple of years ago is about the best thing to happen to my reading life in decades. I joined this message board because I hope to chat occasionally ... and this board has recent posts.

I'm not that good at introductions, so will now answer some of the "standard" questions:
    • 1) what formed the motivational impetus for your chosen screenname?
      • "Lurkin" because that's what you do when you read what others have posted, but don't risk making a public fool of yourself. "Ghoole" ... I'll just say "gh" as in "enough".
    • 2) Are you male or female? (Asking because there has been quite of lot of confusion over this, on and off.)
      • What answer can there be to this question but "yes." And of course there has been quite a bit of confusion ...
    • 3) what age catagory and geographic location do you fall into?
      • I'm a Nuhmurkin. Think Borogravia gone widescreen ...
    • 4) do you have good faith that a discworld movie COULD be done well enough not to suck? (note, this in no way shape or form asks about casting choices you'd like to see. i have a loaded rifle and i'm not afraid to use it.)
      • I wouldn't use the word "faith", but yes, I think a discworld movie could be made. I don't intend to hold my breath until that happens, tho ...
    • 5) who or how were you turned on to discworld/pratchett?
      • Discovered "Thief of Time" in an airport bookstore. Laughed myself sick at the footnotes in the first few pages. Oddly enough, I didn't read another Pratchett for several years ... but then read them all, most of them with great enjoyment.
    • 6) what's your personal quote of the day?
      • U.S. Out of North America!!!
  2. Stercus Stercus New Member

Welcome to the house of fun.

Newbits always make the coffee. No sugar in mine.
  3. Tephlon Active Member

Hey Stercus, where's my coffee?
  4. Stercus Stercus New Member

You missed out, I made everyone else one when I first arrived.
  5. Tephlon Active Member

SUDO Make me a coffee... *

:)

* Geekpoints for anyone who gets it.
  6. Hsing Moderator

SUDO or not, but it's propbably my fault that you didn't get any of the coffee...

Edit to add: I don't quite get it, so it is probably computer geekish?
  7. Stercus Stercus New Member

I just looked it up and I still don't get it.
  8. Hsing Moderator

And Lurkin Ghoole, welcome to the Boards. I hope its tenants tendency to take a subject and run somewhere else with it doesn't disturb you too much. :)
  9. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Hi Lurkin! Welcome to the boards. :smile: Stercus, I'm still waiting for my Earl Grey. Chop chop!
  10. Stercus Stercus New Member

I'm on it now Mrs G. Would you like a choccy bikkit too.
  11. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I certainly would!
  12. Lurkin Ghoole New Member

Newbies Make the Coffee

I have no objection to paying a certain amount of dues ... Like our mutual uncle Henry Ford, I say you can have your coffee anyway you like it so long as you like it black ...

After making a round of coffee (Peruvian, dark roast), I have earned the right, have I not, to respond to the next
    "Make me a coffee"
    with

"Very well, you're a coffee" ...

13. Maljonic Administrator

Hello Lurkin Ghoole. :smile:
  14. missy New Member

Hang on a min. Why do the Newbits now a days get to just make the coffee? i had to become the livin love slave of a boardanian. I think the newbies should be made to at least make a cake or something......
  15. Katcal I Aten't French !

Welcome Lurkin, you're lucky with me, I don't like coffe, and I'm not particularly into tea. I won't even make a fuss if I don't get a hot chocolate unless it's a particularly cold day...

Edit : Missy's right, however, cake would be nice. I made biscuits, and they were good.
  16. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Look what I had to go through.
  17. missy New Member

Exactly my point but x100 since you had to marry one.

I don't think a cake or two is too much to ask.