Your Avatar

Discussion in 'INTRODUCTIONS AND AVATAR TESTING' started by Venerico, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Venerico New Member

Explain what is meaning of your Avatar, to you and why you picked exactly that one pic.

My first Avatar was Marvin, robot from The Hitchiker's guid to the galaxy, my favourite book/movie.

My second Avatar represented my favourite myth animal, seahorse or Hippocampus(I know there is also a real animal called like that).

My third Avatar was a mixture of:
    Picture of me (only my eyes)
    Some picture from the internet
    And my signature

My fourth (and I hope last) Avatar is Irish Leprecon.
  2. Faerie New Member

Its first job was a car air freshener but it is currently working as my avatar. The artist is Amy Brown and it goes along with my name.
  3. Whitewolf New Member

[quote1]My first Avatar was Martin,[/quote]
    I so do hope that that was just an accidental misspelling.
  4. Venerico New Member

Thanks.
    I've made corection.
  5. Ozzer New Member

Wasn't the robot's name Marvin?
  6. Toaf New Member

Yeah, it was Marvin.

My avatar is a tiny corner of a drawing I did. It has no meaning, i just like it.
  7. Hsing Moderator

Hm... basically the same story here... Its a corner of a drawing I did (which is actually showing a friend, drinking a cup of coffee). I got used to it by now.
  8. QuothTheRaven New Member

I just did a google image serch for fire + painting.
  9. chesterguy New Member

Mine's The Emperors New Avatar... its only stupid people who see a box with a red x in it ;)

When it is behaving itself however, it is Yoda in cartoon form... which generally still revolves around the fact that my Nickname in school was Yoda due to being about an inch shorter than my mates... plus people seem to like my impression of him...
  10. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

:D

My avatar is hand-drawn by me, except for the hair, which Doors added to the original. It started off as a sort of self-portrait, but has since developed a life of its own. Its name is Syntax.
  11. Electric_Man Templar

12. colonesque10 New Member

I changed my Avatar to Dougal from Father Ted because of my love for the show and the character. My old avatar which I had for a couple of years was Winston Churchill and I was never really sure why I picked it really. I think it was because I look a bit like him. :shock:
  13. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Lies!! Kenneth does not look like Winston Churchill.

My avatar for a while was a OM, then it was a praying lady, then I found this one on the generic avatar site here. I think it suits me.
  14. Cynical_Youth New Member

Album cover of Head for the Door by The Exies. It's symbolic for a number of reasons, none of which are very interesting. :)

I should probably change it sometime, but no real replacement has presented itself.
  15. colonesque10 New Member

It does suit you Om. :)

But I do so look like Winston Churchill in some parallel universe somewhere......probably..... :p
  16. Willmolly3 New Member

I love Marmite, simple as that really. Might get bored and change eventually!!
  17. colonesque10 New Member

I can't stand the stuff. Reminds me of ashtray on toast. I do however like fish paste though. :)
  18. Bob New Member

I'm sorry, but Fish paste and almost all known paté (is this right?) looks suspiciously like cat's vomit to me, and thus it will never see the inside of my stomach.

My avatar is like a smiley version of the exorcist..
    I found him long ago, with drawing errors.
    I patched the poor guy up and made him loose some weight (30k) and he has been my symbol for 2 years now, or maybe more.

The reason, I was very drunk once aged around 20 and I let another drunk person tattoo me with a big smiley on my forearm. So, it's basically hide my arm and hate smileys for my stupidness, or, embrace all things smiley - I have most things you can think of with a smiley on, even a toaster..
    Having a big obvious tattoo of a smiley means I must field REALLY dumb people's questions such as :
    "Is that a tattoo" - to which my trademarked response is - "No, I draw it on every day"..
    Stupid people shouldn't breed.

~B:wink:B~
  19. Hsing Moderator

I suppose that makes sure that we all will recognize you should we ever meet you, assuming you're meeting a t-shirt then.

Also... didn't your avatar move? It stopped!
  20. Bob New Member

It still moves, but it stops after so many animations, it doesn't loop forever :)

~B:wink:B~
  21. Ecksian New Member

I wanted somthing obviously Australian, so I just googled for an emu.
    Who could resist that cute little bugger, I love the look of innocent curiosity.

P.S. - Bob, I can alter your avatar so that it doesn't stop if you like.
  22. Orrdos God

My avatar is the best.

For the moment, he is dressed as Tom from a cartoon about a cat and a mouse.

I used to change the outfit quite often, these days it's about twice a year :)
  23. Rincewind Number One Doorman

I can't see no fred.

I have no avatar. Woe is me.
  24. sampanna New Member

Theoretically, in some parallel universe you are also the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. The mind boggles! :shock:
  25. Whitewolf New Member

Asuming the theory about infinite amount of paralel universes is correct.
    (What's the correct plural form of 'Universe', by the way?)
  26. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I always think of emus as African, I'm afraid. I only found out you have them in Australia recently. One of your marsupials would be obviously Aussie though.

Universes. Also, parallel.
  27. Whitewolf New Member

'Universes' sounds wrong somehow. I guess the word originaly wasn't meant to have a plural.
  28. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Universi would sound better.
  29. Maljonic Administrator

But "when universi collide" sounds silly. :)

P.S. a universe isn't just about outer space, it can be relating to a sphere of existence, a group of people or one's own existence.
  30. Electric_Man Templar

Mal, you have an evil post count.
  31. Ecksian New Member

There are no emus in Africa. Ostriches yes, emus no.
    Oh well, time for a new avatar anyway.
  32. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Well, there's my lesson for the day.
  33. Maljonic Administrator

Buzzfloyd, I take it you never heard of Rod Hull then? I thought everyone in the UK (and Australia for that matter) knew all about Emu? :)

[IMG]
  34. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I remember him from the telly when I was very small. He frightened me.
  35. Maljonic Administrator

He frightened us all! :)
  36. Ecksian New Member

Never heard of him, sorry.
  37. TamyraMcG Active Member

Ahh, too bad for you, that emu was funny.
  38. colonesque10 New Member

That emu was a psycho, used to bit everything. I'm sure Rod had something to do with it.... ;)

Unfortunatly Mr Hull met a sad ending. :(
  39. Ozzer New Member

Mine was pulled from the gallery, because fortunecity evidently doesn't let you link from outside. But I like Death, too, so it works for the moment.

edit: Haha! There she is!
  40. shadowgirl New Member

i stole my avatar *shock horror* from paul kidbys site. but i love greebo and my fat cat is just like greebo.

(\ /)
    (X.X)
    (> <) i like the bunny too
  41. Venerico New Member

42. Tephlon Active Member

Venerico, could you please make that a link? It destroys the layout of the site.

And it's a hefty download for people on dial-up or crap broadband.

Thanks.
  43. Hsing Moderator

Also, my screen is too small. :(
    Yes, it is tiny.... and they say size does not matter...
  44. Venerico New Member

I also have dial-up connection, so i understand you. :D
  45. KaptenKaries New Member

My avatar is simply a self portrait made in Illustrator, using a photo I took with my phone as reference. I quite like it. It was only when I was done I noticed a slight resemblance to the effect of this old illusion. Good thing I'm an atheist.
  46. Sir_Gawain New Member

My avatar is a favorite charactor from a manga series. His (Yes! It's a he!) name is Kurama.
  47. Katcal I Aten't French !

Mine is a rabbit called Nabaztag (means rabbit in... err, some language like roumanian :D ) it's a wifi geektoy, and I just love it... it's also one of my company's clients' products, and I'm just so proud of it :D (nope, I'm not advertising, I don't get a penny out of its sales ;) ) if anyone wants a look, go here
  48. koshu New Member

i chose mine cose i thought it looked cool it was the only one i liked
  49. Hermia New Member

Ok, so it's taken me about three months to answer this, but the hippocampus is part of the brain. Something to do with memories, I think.

Anyway, my avatar is from The Cyborg Name Decoder, as some people will remember. When I get bored of it I'll probably go back to my old avatar, which is a character from Baldur's Gate that I used to use for the game because it looked like me.
  50. silverflagon New Member

My avatar is a picture I painted of the spirit of April, I just thought it would make a great avatar.

I don't like pre made avatars very much, and why use tham when I can make my own.

Sorry I'm not bragging if it sounds like it, it's just a fact.
  51. Venerico New Member

I know, but it's also an underwater animal called Seahorse.

[IMG]
  52. silverflagon New Member

53. Maljonic Administrator

Yes, and the hippocampus in the brain was so called because it was originally thought to look like a seahorse.
  54. Cynical_Youth New Member

Silverflagon, I really like your avatar. :)
    Is there a larger picture of it online somewhere?
  55. silverflagon New Member

Thank you Cynical_Youth :) Love your alias :) It is in two websites galleries, but I'll give you the link to the one that usually opens up best. This is Art Wanted's site, not mine.

http://www.artwanted.com/imageview.cfm?id=84443

Sorry I had to make that point, but so many times I have told people it's my gallery for them to think that the whole site is mine. I wish! LOL!
  56. MissTeak New Member

My avatar is a puppet thing from a film clip of a song called... I can't remember what it's called, but it's by... I think it's Mr Ouzo. Oh, the song is called Flat Beat. :) The puppet sits behind a desk and pushes buttons and bangs the phone receiver against the phone and smokes (or at least appears to suck) a cigar. And it head-bangs a lot.
  57. Katcal I Aten't French !

Mr Oizo. I actually hate myself for remembering that. I can only blame the amazing amount of publicity that thing got. And Doors of course.
  58. silverflagon New Member

I'm embarrased to admit that I even have the cd LOL! Hi MisTeak
  59. Delphine New Member

60. Katcal I Aten't French !

Thank you Ella, I am so glad I wasn't quite right about that.