You won't make a lot of money, but...

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Joculator, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

You could become a little bit famous.

Here's the plot folks.

Over the past couple of years I've been slowly working on a set of three books taking a not so serious look at English folk dance and music.
    As many of you know I am a Morris man and accordionist and have modeled most of my writings and tunes around my own side of the Lancre Morris Men. Obviously a lot of the tunes are based on Discworld events including an original 'Mrs. Widgery's Lodger'.

A local publisher has shown an interest and has suggested that a few extra graphics be included. The writing and planning has taken up most of my time so I have not given much thought to this aspect. Although my skill with a brush was legendary many years ago, they now have machines that paint perfectly parallel lines along the sides of the road.

Now I know some of you are quite good 'draw-ers' (artist, is too formal - it suggests cutting off your ears). I would be interested to hear from you if you think you could do a few illustrations. You all have good knowledge of Terry's works and appreciate that type of humour so you can let your imagination do the rest...eventually!

PLEASE DO NOT POST anything in this thread. PM or email me and I'll get back to you with more information of what may be required. Then, if you think you want to try and make your name as an illustrator we can work out a more formal agreement.

AND you get to see your name printed in the books :)
  2. Pepster New Member

Be careful that you do not infringe on Terry's intellectual property. A legal battle with his publisher would not be worth it.
  3. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Thanks for the concern Pepster, but everything is perfectly legal.
    The thought behind the graphics is that I will be working with someone who shares a similar sense of humour to myself and can turn my scribbles into something legible.

This is stuff that was old, when people really thought the world was flat. :)