You will never believe who hosts regicides ne avatar...

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Hsing, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Hsing Moderator

2. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Well gang...

I think we need to consider contacting Zephyr to ask for an explaination. If one is not forthcoming, I think this clarifies some things that Fatman and Borien have said about people who've joined the stamps forum trolling our old site. The question becomes, do we ask their moderators to take action?

I'm absolutely shocked, that's all I can say.
  3. Hsing Moderator

And sorry for the typos. I was really... shocked.
    My.
  4. Garner Great God and Founding Father

from Roman:

Who can say...
  5. Hsing Moderator

It is on her site.
    How should that person have found it?
    And a Texan (?) (American positively) using a brit-smiley as an avatar?
  6. Delphine New Member

I talked about this with Roman. We discovered it's a smiley. Zephyr has them on her site available for use by anyone who signs her guestbook. All this means is Regicide has looked at her site. He didn't need any kind of contact with Zephyr to get her to host it or anything.

EDIT

HANG ON A SECOND!

That might not be the case actually.

It's not in the guest book. It's hosted here > Index of /_borders along with loads of others, but is not actually anywhere publically accesible on the site. That's the only way we can get to it.

So it's probably a smiley that can be used in posts on other boards and stuff, or something. So I dunno how Reg found it... Maybe Zephyr used it on the stamps board? I wouldn't be surprised if he was a member over there as well, after bigging it up on our old board.
  7. Maljonic Administrator

I can't see it posted anywhere on the site for it to be found like you say, though I haven't looked very hard; can anyone else see where it is?

Oh, wait, didn't see the rest of your post. :)
  8. Marcia Executive Onion

Zephyr doesn't have her website in her profile on Discworld Stamps.

There is something called a gallery in her profile, but you have to log on as a member to see it.

edit: I looked at the registration form on the Stamps website (not to register but to look), and there doesn't seem to be a place for an avatar.

Is it set up so that you pick your avatar from your gallery?
  9. Delphine New Member

She may have used it in a post on the stamps board though... Roman and I have tried countless methods of finding the picture without a link, and it's impossible. He'd definitly have to have seen it somewhere.

I think it's the most likely explanation. she must have posted loads by now. He wouldn't have to be a member over there, I just think he might be.
  10. Ba Lord of the Pies

Nah, probably not Zephyr herself. Not her style. Most likely? Reggie's friends with Zephyr these days, and asked her to host the avatar for him.
  11. Hsing Moderator

I always thought, on reading his recent posts, that it looked more like the writing style of... what was his name... not only Travis / #2000.
    So, in a way all of you could be right.
    Even if we assume the best, it still must be the case that Regicide is to be found somewhere in our expatriot's -virtual- surroundings, wether they know exactly or not.
  12. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Okay, so quick recap...

It's impossible for him to get that avatar without a link, yes?

This means Zephyr or someone close to her must have given it to him, yes?

This means she or her friends know who he is, and it likely indicates that they are friends but it definately indiciates that they do not disapprove of his tactics.

So... what do we do, besides sigh at the depths some people sink to, and the glee others will take in watching it?
  13. Hsing Moderator

What Roman and Delphine are implying, I think, is that he could have seen it in any post, clicjked on it like I did, and used it as an avatar.
    We can only be sure, now, that he is operating in the same circles, with ot without their knowledge.

There is, with all respect, one thing wrong with Ba's conclusion though; the thing is a smiley, one of about a hundred similar likes on that very site (see Ella's link). Would it make sense to ask Zephyr to host the thing for "him" if he could find it on 1000 other sites in the net? And would she agree to have her link connected -however indirectly- to regicide if it was much easier to tell him to use any site that hosts these avatars?

Also -and this is Ella's point- "Also, it would be a coincidence if he asked her to host a smiley that's very similar to about 100 she already has".
  14. Garner Great God and Founding Father

It's not an avatar she's ever used, or would seem likely to use, so the question is could juggicide have gotten the avatar without explicit link or instructions.
  15. Hsing Moderator

She could have used it in a post of hers, couldn't she?
    I'll try...
    [IMG]
  16. Delphine New Member

Yeah, that's what I thought. Think we should ask her then? She's still on my contact list, sometimes she's on when I am... Or someone could email her. I don't know how much good it would do but it's worth a try...

As Hsing said, we know now that Reg is in one of Zephyrs net social circles. She may or may not know who he is.
  17. sampanna New Member

The image isn't on the site now. So if none of you have contacted Zephyr, she checks this site.
  18. Delphine New Member

I spoke to her yesterday. She used the image in a post on the Stamps board. I've got the link on my laptop, i'll post it later. Not that it tells us anything. I think it's safe to assume he's posting over there.
  19. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Lots of people check this site. Regicide seems to obsess over it. Yaba daba and all that.