You know what pisses me off?

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Buzzfloyd, May 9, 2009.

1. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

An obviously pregnant woman on crutches should not have to ask for a seat on the bus. Perfectly able-bodied people should not take up the front seats on the bus even if the bus is mostly empty and they are only going one or two stops. People should not stand in front of seats, blocking the aisle so that others cannot move up the bus or sit down. Bus drivers should not start driving when an obviously motion-impaired person has not yet reached a seat.

Wankers.
  2. TamyraMcG Active Member

That does not sound like a happy day, I totally agree with you they are wankers and dumb asses too. Probably also jerks, snots, and doorknobs, as well as irresponsible insufferable louts and selfish bastards. I could go on but I bet Garner has already been far more eloquent.
  3. Hsing Moderator

Yeah, I know them. I know them well. Were they told off? I could understand if they weren't, I was usually too tired already at that point, but I'd cheer the more if they were.

One time when I was very pregnant, a bunch of skinheads with open beer bottles just coming out of the Courthouse occupied the reserved seats, so I kind of didn't want to ask them, and next to me was the only other person standing in the bus - someone obviously traveling home from the gym. When someone -one person!- got up from a seat, he sprinted to get there before me. I wasn't on crutches, but it was 39C° outside, I was already drenched in sweat and highly immobile anyway. At the next bus stop I just gave up and got out because my circulation wouldn't take it any longer and I needed to sit somewhere.
  4. spiky Bar Wench

Pregnant women I get up for but the elderly I always found a tough one... Who elder do they need to be before I offer them my seat? SOme looked a little offended that I thought they were that old...
  5. mazekin Member

Old people, pregnant people, crutches, I'll get up for them all. And sometimes, just sometimes, if it's a person with a lot of bags and small kiddies...I'll find it in my heart to get up.

Buzz, next time just go up to them, glare at them and snap 'Move!' You are pregnant, you are entitled. You shouldn't have to, but you are entitled.
  6. Pepster New Member

People just annoy me.

I am getting sick of moving out of peoples way in crowds, which considering that I am towering over them they still manage to walk straight into my path.

Self absorbed wankers.
  7. spiky Bar Wench

Oh don't get me started on slow-walkers... Especially those that are in large groups, that instead of breaking into pairs walk in one long line across the whole footpath, thus blocking any opportunity for anyone to overtake and often making sure no one can come the other sirection...

Wankers.
  8. Katcal I Aten't French !

Is that what Knights get in the morning? :lol: *already out the door*
  9. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

It's not slow walkers as much as space-blockers. I am also learning that people can be unintentional space-blockers because they simply fail to realise how much space you need when on crutches - sorry, but if I could squeeze through that gap, I wouldn't be on these things.
  10. peapod_j New Member

Don't get me started on people not moving for people who are not as mobile as others. After my mum had majour sugagry she could not walk for quite a while. At this time we where building a new house so we wnt to Ikea to go funiture shopping. Due to my mum not being able to walk far without having to sit down she had to use a wheelchair. We where going round the Ikea in Edinburgh and people looked at us and didn't move even though we could not move out of the way as fast as they could my dad nearly lost his rag and I was close to shouting at them. There was one woman who gave us a really dirty look just because my mum was in a wheelchair.

Wankers.
  11. Rincewind Number One Doorman

You know, I think this is the best argument for introducing Hover Chairs.

If the goverment spent less time buying themselves shiny new second homes and more time investing in poleristed grav-flux research this type of thing would never happen, I mean my grant for 'Anti-Matter stablesation' was completely over looked...so what if my lab is just a public toliet- everyone has to start somewhere!
  12. alexbutterfield New Member

:shock:

I love that scene in the office with the obnoxious pregnant woman - it's great.