yet MORE proof...

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

that humanity was just an unintentional (and entirely unfortunate) side effect of the evolution of mammals:

"I consider this his confession."
    -- publisher Judith Regan, on O.J.'s forthcoming book If I Did It, which explains how he would have murdered his ex-wife and her friend "if he were the one responsible"
  2. Hsing Moderator

...this is so depressingly bizarre.
  3. spiky Bar Wench

SHouldn't this be under the thread why I hate mankind? Or at least one man kind in particular...

This is so wrong its hard to know where to start.
  4. Maljonic Administrator

Is this like sort of admitting that he did do it after all, but it's okay because he was found to be innocent in court - only now he wants to sell the story about how he did it. Or is it saying, if I did murder my wife this is how [i:dae348e7dd]I[/i:dae348e7dd] would have done it, not how it was actually done by some other murderer?
  5. Hsing Moderator

That would still be ultra sick, seeing he raised this woman's children afterwards.
  6. TamyraMcG Active Member

I heard this morning that Fox decided to cancel the interview and the book. I guess the fact that most of this country has long been convinced that O.J. was the killer finally sank in. I couldn't believe he got custody of those kids.
  7. Roman_K New Member

[quote:15300df4df="Garner"]that humanity was just an unintentional (and entirely unfortunate) side effect of the evolution of mammals:

"I consider this his confession."
    -- publisher Judith Regan, on O.J.'s forthcoming book If I Did It, which explains how he would have murdered his ex-wife and her friend "if he were the one responsible"[/quote:15300df4df]

Pardon me while I throw up. And cry a bit.
  8. Nester New Member

The sad thing is customers have been coming in and complaining about Fox cancelling it. One woman told me she was really looking forward to reading it.

:(
  9. TamyraMcG Active Member

10. OmKranti Yogi Wench

so, the book is NOT being published? or is it just the interview that has been cancelled?

whichever, it's a sick thing.
  11. Angua_rox New Member

To quote the Onion, (and excuse my paraphrasing, I'm too lazy to look it up)
    [quote:4e59d23ccc]Oh no! Now what am I going to use as a stocking filler for Christmas? Especially for all my uncles who I suspect of murdering my aunts!!"
    [/quote:4e59d23ccc]
  12. Nester New Member

[quote:c1e002f67b="Angua_rox"]To quote the Onion, (and excuse my paraphrasing, I'm too lazy to look it up)
    [quote:c1e002f67b]Oh no! Now what am I going to use as a stocking filler for Christmas? Especially for all my uncles who I suspect of murdering my aunts!!"
    [/quote:c1e002f67b][/quote:c1e002f67b]

I actually wouldn't be too surprised if some people were actually going to do that. Today I set up a few more official Holiday displays (the lists are sent from the corporate office and woe be to you if you do not follow them!) and one table entitled "Happy Holidays" had two photography books that I refused to put on there. One was titled "Aftermath" and was a bunch of pictures of 9/11. The other was a collection of photos from Katrina.

Happy Holidays..... :roll:
  13. Garner Great God and Founding Father

i'm never surprised by the stupidity or tastelessness of corporate marketing anymore.
  14. Garner Great God and Founding Father

"It's going to be bigger than ever. It's like 'Ulysses,' except without the talent."
    -- Pablo Fenjves, ghostwriter of O.J.'s If I Did It, on the book's future
  15. mowgli New Member

I'm sad :p . Not that I ought to even waste my nerve cells on the man, but I'm still sad because I remember thinking him thoroughly innocent back in 1996. I was happy when he was set free. Not only that, but I have a definite recollection of my friends and classmates cheering for him as well. But they won't admit it now! :p
  16. Garner Great God and Founding Father

it was that cultural train wreck of a trial that i think really convinced me that american culture was a cancer upon the earth.
  17. TamyraMcG Active Member

I read an article about the cancellation. Harper/Collins was the publisher. O.J. said he was doing it only to make money for his kids. He said it was definitely "blood money" but he denied that it was any kind of admission of guilt. He felt the cancellation was like having a great weight lifted off of his shoulders. He felt the people doing the book didn't believe he didn't do it, that he hadn't been able to make them hear him.
  18. Pepster New Member

And the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was...

While I believe this book concept (I'll leave it a that for now, whether it gets published or not) is disturbing, the idea is very sly.

More something I would consider to be in a work of fiction by Stephen King (actually 'Secret Window' comes close in its disturbing nature).

This just gave me the idea for a thread.