With this I reached my quota of weirdness for this month

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Saccharissa, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Saccharissa Stitcher

An original way to keep toilets clean

From this site

Summary of the eRumor

Pictures of a urinal that says they are in the airport in Amsterdam. There is what appears to be a house fly in the bowl of the urinal. The eRumor says the fly is there on purpose and has reduced spillage by 80 percent.

The Truth

The pictures are authentic and the story is accurate. TruthOrFiction.com contacted authorities at Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam who us that the flies etched on the urinals "saves us a lot of money on cleaning."

The actual pictures are from an unique site at
    Urinal Dot Net.
  2. Maljonic Administrator

I like it, it's a very clever idea. :)
  3. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Recently, I saw an old urinal with a bee on it, I think in one of the museums in York. The one that had the Rinso soap in.
  4. Faerie New Member

I have heard this story on the radio twice now.
  5. Maljonic Administrator

You can also get toilet roll with targets and battleships on, but that's an entirely different matter. :)
  6. Bob New Member

Sounds like 7 Sins game, you play mini-games inc. "Pearl Harbour" where you have to pee on flies in the toilet bowl to score points :)

Is a good idea tho 8)

~B:wink:B~
  7. spiky Bar Wench

My question is: Are guys that bad at aiming at a wide opeing bowl that they need a tiny fly to make sure they don't miss?

Maybe there should be classes in willy handling.
  8. mowgli New Member

A friend of mine once came out of a dancing club's men's room, looking slightly discombobulated. When we asked him what's up, he nodded back toward the bathroom door and said: "There's a girl in there... She is offering to hold your equipment for you while you pee..."

...One way to go about it, I suppose :) ...
  9. Cynical_Youth New Member

It doesn't seem strange to me. Place a target somewhere where spillage is minimised. Men can aim, but not do trajectory calculations at the same time. :)
  10. Bob New Member

I went into a club's toilets in York some time ago, and there was a girl bent over, peeing standing up into the men's urinal..

All I could think to say was, "You don't see that every day" :cooler:

11. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Fantastic word. 10 points for you!
  12. Orrdos God

Pah.

It's harder than it looks. Sometimes, it just comes out at a totally random direction FOR NO REASON AT ALL.

Or you get a spray, or one of many other variations on it actually going in the direction you're aiming.

It's pretty tricky you know :)
  13. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I have known men who are significantly worse at it than others. Like "Wet Floor" Daniel - don't go in the loo after him, especially if you aren't wearing shoes.
  14. queenynci New Member

When my boys were younger, I was advised to float a table tennis ball in the loo bowl to give them something to aim at.
    It's even better if you paint an eyeball on it!
  15. Tephlon Active Member

So, they made a nescessity into fun... What's the problem with that?
    :)

I've been there (at Schiphol) and I've done it... It's fun.

I agree with Doors, it's not always as easy as the ladies think it is.
    Not to mention the alcohol factor in clubs and bars.
  16. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Yeah, but it's not like you haven't had any practise at it by now!
  17. Tephlon Active Member

Ah, but this is not a fosset. It's organic.
    But yes, you get better at it over time.

Like said before, Alcohol affects the aim quite a bit.
    Imagine trying to aim a squirt of water from a hole in a plastic bag, while standing on a rotating platform and wearing glasses that have triple your prescription...
  18. Kat_in_the_Hat New Member

When I first read it, I thought that they were trying to get people to stop using the things because they were dirty. I mean, would you use a toilet if there were bugs in it? And it would reduce spillage, if no one used it.
  19. Bob New Member

Sometimes it doesn't come out straight too, it's not as easy as women think, especially when drunk!
    When women complain about men missing the toilet bowl, they should try squating 2 feet above the toilet and see how well they aim. ;)

20. mowgli New Member

Aye, but unlike the guys, we don't have a grip on the situation!
  21. Marcia Executive Onion

Anyway, there's no excuse for not cleaning up after yourself.
  22. Tephlon Active Member

Ehm, unless you are somewhere where there's no toilet paper, no paper towels, no cleaning supplies... Also known as the average mensroom.....

If I was in someone's house... sure, I'd clean up.
  23. Maljonic Administrator

And you have to in someone's house, unless that house is a flea pit and already looks like a men's toilet, otherwise everyone knows it was you who pead on the floor. :)
  24. spiky Bar Wench

Sorry to break it to you but in most night-clubs and bars it is reccommended that girls squat above the toilet...So the image is:

Your pissed, unsteady on your feet, you have to have enough upper thigh strength to keep yourself hovvering 1 foot above a bowl and (with no hands to offer assistance cause theres no willy to direct) you need to get the wee in the bowl from a position which can literally go anywhere... And its not as if your looking in the bowl to aim at a fly either...

Guys have it easy when it comes to wee...
  25. mowgli New Member

Amen, sister! :)
  26. Bradthewonderllama New Member

Like someone said earlier, it's probably more to minimize 'splashback' than anything else. And pissing in the urinal part of a porta john in complete darkness is way harder than pissing in a regular urinal drunk... Of course I've sen an Irish urinal, maybe it' harder to piss in them cleanly in Eruope.
  27. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Or just in Ireland. You'll find toilets vary a lot between the many different countries here. If you don't want a bad toilet experience, don't go to France! The Dutch, on the other hand, seem to keep their toilets very nicely.

I have to say, I was singularly less than impressed with the toilets in my very limited travels in the US. Not only were most of them a mess, but the cubicle doors all had huge gaps at the join so anyone could see in! I noticed most of them had handy seat-wipe dispensers, though. :roll:
  28. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Can't you just put toilet paper on the seat to act as a buffer from you and seat germs, like I do when I need to poo in dirty toilets?

(Obivously, this only works if the cubilcal has toilets)
  29. queenynci New Member

And toilet paper!
  30. spiky Bar Wench

Ahh but girls toilets in pubs tend to get a fair amount of wee on them and that stuff soaks through toilet paper and gives you that damp clammy and gross feeling that wee does when it comes into contact with skin...

I refrained from metioning the vomit...I need not say more.
  31. mowgli New Member

When I lived in Kiev, our school for some reason had sunken toilets (the rim of the bowl was level with the floor) so you had to either squat or do a horse stance - sitting just wasn't an option. Maybe they were skimping on porcelain...

Come to think of it, there were no stalls - or locking doors! - either, so I guess they were skimping on plywood as well!
  32. spiky Bar Wench

ahhh the squat toilet something never to be missed about south east asia...