Where do you stand?

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Hsing, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Hsing Moderator

2. Katcal I Aten't French !

Well, what a surprise, I'm taller than all averages... :rolleyes:

but yeah, I now know my height in feet and inches... 5'10"
  3. Maljonic Administrator

I'm half an inch shorter than the average Dutch person, the same as the average Dane and taller than everyone else's average height.
  4. Marcia Executive Onion

I'm shorter than the average everywhere.

But if the average woman in Britain is 5 feet 4.3 inches (4.3 inches taller than me), why do women who are 5'4" and under have to buy clothes in the petite section?
  5. Ba Lord of the Pies

It's interesting. Ba's slightly shorter than average. However, anytime someone estimates his height, they always assume that he's several inches taller than average.
  6. Maljonic Administrator

Are you sure, I always thought you were like 3 feet high? :smile:
  7. Stercus Stercus New Member

Curious. I'm the same average height as a norwegian, which is weird cos my Great Grandfather was norwegian.
  8. Marcia Executive Onion

I wonder why they only compare you to the averages of the tallest countries (none of which are in Asia, Africa or Latin America, by the way), instead of a range of countries, from tallest to shortest?
  9. mazekin Member

Yikes, I'm 7.3 inches shorter than the average Dutchwoman...whoever she is. Makes me feel so...short. Of course, half the people in work do call me shortarse...it all makes sense now!
  10. Ba Lord of the Pies

Probably, they didn't have ready access to the data for other countries.
  11. Garner Great God and Founding Father

grace and i, according to this, are giants among lesser men, women, and rinsos.
  12. Pepster New Member

At 6'7" I am at the low-end 6.6" taller than the average Dutchmen and the high-end 9.5" taller than the average Spaniard.
  13. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I'm taller than all the averages. Quelle surprise. At 5'11", I've met very few women taller than me.

I tend to be suspicious of 'averages' though. What kind of averages, how were they calculated and using what data?
  14. redneck New Member

I have a friend who is doing missionary work in India that is 6'1" or 6'2".
  15. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Presumably your friend is female, Nate, since you mention it. I have met women taller than me, just, as I say, few of them.

Edit to add: The tallest woman I've known was 6'4". She was Nigerian.
  16. TamyraMcG Active Member

I'm shorter then all the averages and I now know my height in centimeters, 160cm, or 5'3". I had a hard time figuring out how to make this work, it wouldn't let me type in a number for feet and I was awfully short for a while there. I finally guesstimated my height in centimeters and added a bit until it converted back to 5'3", I knew I was shorter then average. I don't usually feel that short though because I was tall for my age most of my childhood years. it is only when I need to reach something up high I remember I'm vertically challenged.