What is your mobile phone ringtone? Is it original?

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Pepster, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Pepster New Member

I just put a new ringtone on my phone as I was reading up on the boards and felt this could be a interesting.

Mobile phone, most of us have them and now they are so customisable that they become a personal expression. So what ringtones do people have?

Anyway I wanted something loud, classy and unique so I have Beethoven's Ode to Joy* as my ringtone.

*The actual version of the symphony is from a certain giant robot battle, a cookie to anyone who knows where it is from.
  2. chrisjordan New Member

My ringtone is the classic telephone ring, because not many other people use it anymore and it doesn't sound as naff or irritating when it goes off for the millionth time.
  3. Maljonic Administrator

Same here, well it would be if my current phone allowed. I used to have a mooing cow, very realistic like it had been recorded live in a field, which I was quite fond of. I usually prefer a normal ringing eventually though, but I don't think my new phone has that.
  4. Katcal I Aten't French !

Mine are (I have different ones for different people)basic ones on the phone, a funky kind of one for Reg, a pleasantly-happy-but-not-annoying one for most other people. My parents' (and my inlaws') ringtone is "Old Macdonald". Says it all really.

Edit : same as Mal and Chris, if I did have one on my phone, I would have a regular ring.
  5. Electric_Man Templar

I just set mine to silent/vibrate 99% of the time, as my phone is either in my pocket or on a table nearby, so I will feel/hear it vibrating and also saves my battery from using small amounts of power making noise!

The only time I turn the ringtone on is if I'm expecting a call and forced to put the phone a distance away from me - which doesn't happen that often.
  6. Hsing Moderator

Same as E-Man, most of the time. I don't even think my crappy mobole phone could play anything else than unnerving melodies, I think it is still the one I found on it when I got it. I often don't touch it for a week, and then forget where I put it.
  7. Stercus Stercus New Member

My ring tone is Too Much Too Young by The Specials, My message tone is a Skit by Peter Sellers. It has an announcers voice saying, "And now, the moment you've all been waiting for. Listen to the voice in a million, as Peter Sellers sings George Gershwin." Then you hear Peter Sellers singing the name "George Gershwin." Well it makes people chuckle anyway.
  8. Katcal I Aten't French !

That happens to be one of my dad's favourite jokes, that...
  9. Tephlon Active Member

My ringtone came with the phone. It starts out easy and then kicks in about 4 seconds later. this gives me time to pick up the phone before it gets annoying, but loud enough to hear from the other side of the room.

My message tone is R2-D2 bleeping.
    (I have A NOKIA 5200, which comes in 3 colour schemes: White and Blue, White and Red and Black and Really dark gray.) I had a White and blue one, which got lost, for which I had downloaded the R2D2 tone. I now have the Black one, with Darth Vader as my wallpaper. (Nerrrrrrd!)
  10. mowgli New Member

I used to have my phone permanently on vibrate. I thought it was less annoying to other people.* But then Brad pointed out** the correlation between my phone not reacting audibly to an incoming call, and the fact that every bedtime began with a "Um, have you seen my phone?" and me running around with a cordless, dialing my own number and pressing an ear to every sofa cushion to see if they vibrate.

*Never mind the fact that I would go "ARRGHGHGH, whatthehell???" and start slapping myself around the various pockets every time I felt my jeans buzz.

** about 1,034 times
  11. Roman_K New Member

The Imperial March. With Darth Vader as my wallpaper.

Tephlon, we must discuss this rather... unsettling similarity of bad tastes.
  12. Faerie New Member

I recently got a new phone that I can actually do ringtones on. I have about 5 different ringtones for different people. Breakin' Dishes - Rihanna, Grace Kelly - Mika, Party Like A Rockstar - Shopboyz, Teenagers - My Chemical Romance, and Wake Up Call - Maroon 5. I like a wide range of music. I did not actually download the ring tones, I just used the voice recorder to record the chorus of songs I like. A friend of mine downloaded a $2 ring tone but it showed up on her bill as $27, she wasn't happy about it.
  13. Ba Lord of the Pies

Ba's ring tone is Thriller.

Dancing zombies for some manner of undead win!
  14. Bradthewonderllama New Member

Roman, why am I not surprised.

My ringtone is the Enterprise ships intercom hail from the Original Series of Star Trek... And my voice mail indicator is Worf saying "Incoming message".
  15. spiky Bar Wench

Brad you trekkie...

mine is some kind of dance music that came with the mobile, I have selective deafness so the music needs to get my interest, this one makes me feel like dancing so I hear it when it rings...

I'd like to point out the flaw in vibrate alerts, it was obviously designed for a man who has pockets and no issue with strange lumps ruining the fit of an out fit... for us girls the mobile has to live in a handbag and unless I'm holding the bag against myself I can't feel it vibrate.
  16. redneck New Member

I just look for the loudest ring that comes on my phones. It has to ring loud enough to be heard over chainsaws, chippers, trucks, wind noise, and the voices in my head. Between the vibration and the ring (which is a simple phone ring) I can usually ascertain that I have a call coming in.
  17. Tephlon Active Member

I find your lack of originality disturbing.
  18. Roman_K New Member

Lack of originality? As in placing Vader on a black phone? :p

At least I'm fully consistent. *and* I have the entire Imperial March in fairly good quality. It's amazing how sinister trumpets can sound.

Now then, to resolving your insult. Blasters at twenty paces, first to cheat wins?
  19. Tephlon Active Member

1) If you didn't get my paraphrasing of Darth Vader I'm having your nerd license removed.
    2) No way will I start a discussion with you over who shot first. ;-)
  20. Roman_K New Member

Meh, it's been years since I last saw a Star Wars movie, and you expect me to remember lines?

And Han shot first! Rightly so, too. :p
  21. mowgli New Member

Sorry, Roman, I'm with Tephlon on that one! "I find your lack of faith disturbing" is practically a nerd-identification phrase (as in, if you can identify it, you're a nerd!), along with "These are not the droids you're looking for" and "Apology accepted, Captain Needa!"

Re-watch the movies - that's an order!
  22. Roman_K New Member

I remembered only the droid one. And don't worry, I'll re-watch the movies soon.
  23. mazekin Member

I have Yoda saying "Mmmh message from the dark side there is. Mmmmh" as text alert. Ringtone flits between South Park's Eric Cartman singing Will Smith's "Wild Wild West" and Starlight by Muse, but both vibrate before they ring. In saying that, I usually don't hear the stupid thing until just before it stops ringing. Even if it is in my breast pocket of a jacket.
  24. Nester New Member

I've got The White Stripes "Rag & Bone" for the phone and The Animals "House of the Rising Sun" for messages. That being said 90% of the time it's set to vibrate.
  25. mowgli New Member

... Brad and I were in a restaurant 2 weeks ago, when we heard someone's cell phone play the "X-Files" theme song. Mutual reaction: "That is SOOOOO cool!". Now I want one in the worst way. What I want in a second-worst way, is a cable that can connect my phone to a computer... so that I can do the downloading, and the transfering, and all that fun stuff!
  26. Delphine New Member

Mine is a Placebo song. Which is not shocking at all, seeing as it used to be Doors' phone. It vibrates three times before it starts ringing though, so I never really hear it.

He's got one on his phone (that he doesn't use) that I really want though. It's the old snooker theme tune! as soon as I remember to download it I will damn well download it!
  27. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I can't believe this, Roman has the same ringtone as me!

My phone doesn't actually come with any basic phone-ringing tones, so the Imperial March in polyphonic sound it is.
  28. colonesque10 New Member

My ringtones are either 'Knights of Cydonia' by Muse or that stupid 'Arnies Pizza Shop' skit, depending upon who calls. My message tone is some idiot saying message again and again, each time getting louder and more aggressive. Quite funny that one.
  29. chrisjordan New Member

First time that one went off in class, it took me a while to realise what the hell it was. It was hilarious then, even if I've heard it a thousand times since.

Also: the failing Nokia ring tone.
  30. Sunna New Member

Mine is the Fellowship Theme from The Fellowship of the Ring. Would LOVE to have Knights of Cydonia though!!
  31. missy New Member

I have the very rare but funny "mr Custer" by Charlie Drake as my ring tone and my message is "May i introduce my cunning plan" by Baldrick AKA Tony Robinson.

Dave has "Why do you think they call it dope" by Love, Hate and his message tone is a very irritating door bell.

My fave ever ring tone (which i can't get anywhere now) was Uncle F^*%£r from South Park. I once played it by accident to my Mom, i forgot to put it on silent and someone called me while i was driving. Cos i was driving, she wouldn't let me lose concentration and made it play til it finished! then laughed so hard i swear she was gonna wet herself!

I want that song back!
  32. Faerie New Member

The ring tone I have for my sister is now very unique. My family was up visiting me at school for Family Weekend and I recorded her singing "There's a Hole in My Bucket" when we were down in one of the mines so it is now her ring tone.
  33. Saccharissa Stitcher

I think I will outgeek Roman and Tephlon.

My ringtone is "Love don't roam", performed by Neil Hanon specially for the Doctor Who 2006 Christmas Special "The Runaway Bride".

Almost a week since I heard this song and I still cannot stop singing it.