What horror hath the infection wrought upon his mind?

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

single panel: a crude drawing of a fishbowl with a silver coloured goldfish in it. next to the bowl is a tangled ball of hair.
    goldfish: chin up, it may never happen.
    hairball: it already did.

works best if the whole thing is black ink on beige paper, except for the fish which has a layer of foil.
  2. Garner Great God and Founding Father

panel one: a monkey and a lap top on a kitchen counter. there is a collander full of cabbage looking things next to the monkey.
    monkey: there is little point to your struggle, it will be over before you know it.
    panel two:
    cabbage: (quoting a few verses chapter three of the book of revelations, translated into Thai script)
    panel three:
    laptop: that's the spirit.
  3. Garner Great God and Founding Father

panel one, the monkey, with the collander on his head like a WWI infantry helmet, and the goldfish.
    fish: i find your sarcasm inappropriate.
    pannel two:
    monkey: monkey's don't do sarcasm.
  4. Garner Great God and Founding Father

panel one, the laptop and the cabbage. next to the cabbage is an unidentifyable root vegetable.
    tuber: the trick is to get the sheep to sheer themselves.
    panel two:
    laptop: no, the trick is selling the wool back to them.
    panel three:
    cabbage: i fancy a kebab.
  5. Katcal I Aten't French !

**homer-style voice** hmmmm, kebab...
  6. Garner Great God and Founding Father

panel one: monkey and laptop and Buddhist monk. monk is in colour.
    laptop: thank you for seeing us on such short notice.
    panel two:
    monkey: you see, doctor, i've been having this recurring dream - one in which a wise old master is passing on from this world, only to be reborn anew as a fledgling babe. i can't shake the feeling that this means something momentous is about to happen.
    panel three:
    laptop: would you please tell him that Iggy Pop is not going to reincarnate as some naughty little monkey.
  7. Garner Great God and Founding Father

single pannel, cabbage and tuber
    cabbage: what if all of life was just naught but an entry in the Finnish language wikipedia?
    tuber: can't be. i occasionally say things that aren't copied and pasted from uncredited websites.
  8. Garner Great God and Founding Father

pannel one: goldfish in his bowl, laptop.
    laptop: zzz... zzz...
    goldfish: i wonder what would happen if i got up and turned out the lights.
    panel two: goldfish walking towards the viewer
    panel three: black nothingness.
  9. Garner Great God and Founding Father

panel one: a pot of yogurt and the fossilized footprint of a primitive human
    yogurt: perspective is delusion.
    footprint: it most certainly is not.
    panel two: footprint on its own, yogurt outside the border of the panel
    yogurt: boo!
    footprint: AH! who said that?!?
  10. Garner Great God and Founding Father

panel one: cabbage, in a yarmulke. tuber next to him, colander next to the tuber.
    cabbage: i -
    tuber: look, we don't want to hear it, okay?
    panel two: cabbage, on his own.
    cabbage: that really fucking hurt, you know?
  11. Garner Great God and Founding Father

single pannel, titled: a parable regarding post op-transsexuals.
    tuber: sometimes, sometimes i think i would have been happier if i was born a fennel bulb.
  12. Garner Great God and Founding Father

panel one: ornate high church alter, with cloth of gold an jeweled gobblets and stuff. cloth over one of the cups, in preperation for communion
    panel two: the cloth has shifted, and the hairball is visible peering out from inside the cup
    hairball: *Sigh* it never gets any easier.
  13. Garner Great God and Founding Father

panel one, cabbage, garlic bulb, and tuber walking together in the distance.
    pannel two: as above, but they're closer and slightly listing. a speech balloon is visible but the text inside is too faint/small to make out.
    panel three: as above, but at normal view distance, listing the other way.
    vegetables, in chorus: "gotta pay the dues if you wanna sing the blues, and you know it don't come easy!"
  14. Garner Great God and Founding Father

tripod formatting:
    Panel one: garner at his computer, bundled up in various blankets. Grace and mynona at the edge of the panel, looking concerned.
    Buzzfloyd: He keeps muttering about being on the verge of some great epiphany...
    panel two: as before, garner looking a bit demented
    Garner: everyone likes references to 'I am the Walrus'...
    mynona: I'm more worried that he's on the verge of wetting himself.
    panel three: close up to grace and mynona looking shocked.
    panel four: dinky kid's clubhouse, the door painted with "Doorman HQ" in primary colours, garner abandoned in a wheelbarrow outside the door.
    garner: (in shakey lettering) "I wanna rock and roll all niiiight..."
  15. Katcal I Aten't French !

Could someone please shoot him with a hippo stun-gun and put us out of his misery? :D
  16. Hsing Moderator

Now I got it. I was about to despair more and more with every post.
  17. All of them brilliantly bizarre and random, but I like this one the best. :lol:

By the way, Garner, welcome to the mad house. What was it drove you here, if you don't mind me asking?
  18. Maljonic Administrator

I like them all, would be great to see them drawn up.
  19. Garner Great God and Founding Father

I don't know what the hell I've caught, but yesterday morning I was racked with chills and aches. I felt a little warm to the touch but not feverish. Then it all went away around lunchtime and I felt fine until later in the afternoon when it started to come back, mostly as pain in my lower back.

By the time I got home from work I was feeling like absolute shit, and grace had to go throughout the house and recover blankets to bundle on top of me because I couldn't stop shivering. I feel a bit better this morning - the chills are gone at least, but i've still got some bizzare aches and pains, plus a headache that's more in the baritone register than the usual alto I get with a fever.

So being a bit random and weird was my way of distracting myself from it all - but things were probably helped by the fact that I'd been playing the theme tune from The Prisoner over and over for the past couple of days.
  20. Electric_Man Templar

Only problem with those comics is that some were frighteningly Ducks-ish...
  21. Katcal I Aten't French !

In that case, I blame Doors.
  22. Roman_K New Member

Very Duck-ish indeed. Well noted, Ben...

I did like the finale very much, though.
  23. Garner Great God and Founding Father

no, ducks sucks. these were just non-entertaining doggerel disguised as a lampoon of neo-post-modernism
  24. Maljonic Administrator

I had almost the exact same illness last Friday. I started getting a headache about 9ish at night and thought it was just from being on the computer too long. However, I got worse and worse until it got to the point I couldn't operate the computer anymore because I felt too surreal. It was about midnight and I sort of felt too trippy to go to bed so I watched TV and ended up shivering for an hour or so on the couch even though it was roasting hot int he living room. When I eventually did get up to go to bed I felt like I might throw up at any minute and talked to Marcia like I was dying, and dreamt this:

6-April-2008: I had a terrible case of man flu when I went to bed and piled lots of duvets on top of me to stop myself shivering, which made me dream that I had a huge pyramid pressing down on me the entire night. I had lots of dreams, maybe 30 or 40, all with the same oppressive feeling that a huge Egyptian pyramid was on top of me and there was no way I was ever getting out.

and by the time I got up in the morning I was aching really badly in my lower back and legs. Sometime during the morning I ate a load of oranges and grapes, because I didn't have the energy to chew anything tougher, then took two Anadins. Then after another two hours I was almost totally cured, no pains or dizziness or anything, it was so fast that it was hard to believe I was the same person who thought he was dying a few hours earlier. I was outrageously happy for the rest of the day, like I'd survived a near death encounter.