what are they worth?

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by steveyd, May 19, 2008.

1. steveyd New Member

Hello all, I've recently hit upon hard times and am considering selling some, if not all, of my books. :sad:
    The thing is, i dont have a clue what they are worth! :question: Briefly my collection consists of, Sourcery through to Making Money all 1st/1st in excellent condition with 3 signed (Sourcery, Wyrd Sisters and Interesting Times), a full set of Unseen Library part leather bound editions (COM and LF are signed) plus a few others (compact editions, childrens books etc)
    if anyone has any ideas as to value or indeed where i might be able to sell them, they would be appreciated
  2. Maljonic Administrator

I'm not sure how much they're worth exactly, but you could try looking up similar sales on eBay and see what they are selling for, and perhaps try to sell yours there too unless the money ain't so good.
  3. Garner Great God and Founding Father

eBay will give you a good indicator of the general market forces. You could also check Amazon's market places.

Something else you may consider is your local comic book shop. Depending on the owner, they may well have a small business in rare or geek-popular books. you could ask what the owner would typically expect to sell them for...

Then cut that price by at least 20% unless you know some rich people who would like to become die hard Discworld fans overnight.