Wedding Ideas

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Hsing, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Hsing Moderator

We're preparing for the wedding of two friends of ours. I've been on three weddings in the past years, and one of them was my own, and said friends were present - so I can't steal the ideas for this one.

We're thinking about presents, the personal kind, not the kind you spend much money on, and of halfway embarrassfree things to do.

One thing I thought of is sending all the guests a few blank pages to fill with anecdotes, pictures, sketches or whatever, and get it bound as a book (is that how it's called?). My fear is just, well... that all his family, who outnumber hers a little, will write about him but not about her... Some of them might just behave like that...

Any ideas, or things you've witnessed on weddings so far?
  2. Katcal I Aten't French !

For my hen night, my friends made me a book with pictures of us from when we met, and wrote our story out as a funny fairy tale. We made something similar for the 10th love-anniversary of my brother in law, with photos from their chidhood up to present day, thanks to help from their families. We transformed their story depending on the photos, it was quite funny when we had finished.
  3. Katcal I Aten't French !

Another personal present that was made for my sister-in-law on that occasion was a memory game (made from coasters with pictures glued on, you place them all face down and then turn over 2 at a time until you find all the matches) with pictures from childhood...
  4. Maljonic Administrator

Didn't you once try some strange idea with different folks adding stuff in a book? :)
  5. Hsing Moderator

Hm, now that you say it...
    The routine must have burnt itself into my subconscience...
  6. Ba Lord of the Pies

Can't go wrong with a couple of hearts.

Look for a relatively clean couple of drifters and harvest.
  7. wannabenanny New Member

My husband and I once took candid photo's through the wedding and receptin ,haad them processed and bound into an album for them ,they really liked it because it was enough more relaxed than the formal photo's
  8. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:32ef51a4b2="Ba"]Can't go wrong with a couple of hearts.

Look for a relatively clean couple of drifters and harvest.[/quote:32ef51a4b2]

And let no-one say our Ba isn't a sweet old romantic... :D
  9. jaccairn New Member

[quote:4e35a8afc8="wannabenanny"]My husband and I once took candid photo's through the wedding and receptin ,haad them processed and bound into an album for them ,they really liked it because it was enough more relaxed than the formal photo's[/quote:4e35a8afc8]

We had something similar done at my sister's wedding. Just casual photo's of all the guests chatting and not posing. The bride and groom don't get much time to see any of this on the day and it can add to the memories of the day.
  10. When some friends of mine got married in April, my mom helped me put together a gift basket for them. We put stuff in for a bubble bath for two (bubbles, towels that were colores from their wedding, bath salts, etc) , candles, A bottle of Sparkling Wine, a couple of glass Wine Flutes found at the dollar store, some chocolates and a few other low cost items. Arrainge it all in a wicker basket, clear wrap that sucker up, and you have a awesome personalized gift that is not too costly. They absolutly loved it!

You can use their colors of the wedding or do a theme. For example, if they were going to the tropics for their honey moon, you could put in beach towels, flip flops, Tanning Lotion, Margarita Mix, or whatever. If you had pictures (say of when the two were young) you could find one of those double picture frames and stick that in there too.

What I liked best was how creative you can be making it. Your imagination and pocket book are your only limitations.

[size=7:00b5c311b6]You can do a naughty one for the wedding night too, but thats obviously not for everyone to see...[/size:00b5c311b6]
  11. puckbunny New Member

If you own a camcorder make a tape/dvd of the eveing reception as most official wedding photographers etc usually only video the service and most of the time the party at night is the best bit, especially when every one has had one too many and uncle Harry grabs the mike to give his own rendition of A Wizards Staff Has A Knob on The End, and granny is under the table with an usher,the page boy has had a sip of champagne and is being sick in the corner, all those precious moments can be missed if you are the main bridal party.
  12. Hsing Moderator

There are some good -and affordable- ideas... thank you all so far!