Webcomic: A Request

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Hex, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Hex New Member

As some of you may already know, Evan (my boyfriend) and I have spent the bulk of this past summer collaborating on the creation of a webcomic: "Under the Rainbow, a Journey Through Hell". I’m posting this to inform you that we now have an official website that hosts the comic! Huzzah!

Under the Rainbow: A Journey through Hell - Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Evan and I have worked, and are still working, very hard on this comic and we’d both very much appreciate it if you would go to the website and give our pages a read. In order for this comic to continue being posted we will need a huge amount of support from those we know in order to attract more readers, and the more readers we have, the more motivated we’ll be to keep writing and drawing.

We’d appreciate it if you would give it a read and tell us what you think. You might like it, you might not, but you will have helped us out either way and we will be very grateful for your time.

Comic will update twice a week on Tuesday and Friday. A synopsis of the story can be found below if you wish to seek one out before reading. Or you could just ask me!

Thank you!

Lora "Hex" Hibbard

Please note that this comic contains very dark, graphic content and negative subject matter. If it were a movie, it would most definitely be rated ‘R’. We would prefer it if our comic did not traumatize anyone.
    (Also, the site is under construction. Beware of random changes or weirdness that ensues!)

Synopsis of Comic:

When a person spends their whole life dealing with oblivious parents, bullies and victimization, it affects them. It would affect you too, wouldn’t it? What would you do to make it stop? Would you choose to end it all? No, you wouldn’t, because thirteen years old is much too young to die.
    You would hope for a miracle wouldn’t you? Something miraculous that would take you away from it all and stop all the pain and the anger.
    Somewhere in the living world, a young girl asks the universe at large to help her find a way out of her life.
    And the universe responds.
    She is taken away from her old life. Saved, or at least it seems that way at first.
    But when she learns that she’s been saved by demons, this miracle seems to be less and less a blessing and more of a curse.
    Especially since the creature that rescued her, a demon by the name of Atticus, took her down to the afterlife and expects something in return for rescuing her. He needs a little favor from her, a favor that will do the exact opposite of save her, taking her as far away as possible from everything she has ever known.
    And though she knows not of what lurks ‘under the rainbow’, she knows she’s not Kansas, hell is not Oz, and no way is Atticus Toto.

The original idea for the comic was created by Evan. Both of us plan and script the story, I draw the comic itself, and Evan takes care of website business. The comic is hand-drawn -- and believe me, it takes forever!

Happy reading!! Thanks again!
  2. Maljonic Administrator

Looks pretty cool, I will give it a read. I want to have a go at writing for a comic over the next few weeks so I will look at your to get an idea of how they work, I don't know much about comics at all.