Unhappy Bob, Whats wrong little fella?

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Rincewind, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Rincewind Number One Doorman

:(

This is Bob, Unhappy Bob.

Look at the little mite! He's such a fighter. He's so sad that he wants to cry but he's fighting back the tears.

Hang in there Unhappy Bob!

My question to you is what made Little Bob so unhappy?
  2. drunkymonkey New Member

[quote:efcca1e907="Rincewind"]:(

Look at the little mite! He's such a fighter. He's so sad that he wants to cry but he's fighting back the tears.

My question to you is what made Little Bob so unhappy?[/quote:efcca1e907]

being stuck up on a terry pratchett message board for all eternity.
  3. Maljonic Administrator

I think he went to get an ice lolly on a hot sunny day and found that his fridge had been stolen and all his lollies were flung to the lino on the kitchen floor like unwanted dreams, melting away to nothing as a ferrel cat slurped the last of his strawberry addiction with apparent glee. :)
  4. drunkymonkey New Member

[quote:aaaf8c80e2="Maljonic"]I think he went to get an ice lolly on a hot sunny day and found that his fridge had been stolen and all his lollies were flung to the lino on the kitchen floor like unwanted dreams, melting away to nothing as a ferrel cat slurped the last of his strawberry addiction with apparent glee. :)[/quote:aaaf8c80e2]
    I wouldn't be sad, I would kill the cat, and eat it.
    and then buy a new fridge.
  5. Nadnerb New Member

Lack of a body would probably make me pretty sad.
  6. Rincewind Number One Doorman

[quote:d308b58b61="Maljonic"]I think he went to get an ice lolly on a hot sunny day and found that his fridge had been stolen and all his lollies were flung to the lino on the kitchen floor like unwanted dreams, melting away to nothing as a ferrel cat slurped the last of his strawberry addiction with apparent glee. :)[/quote:d308b58b61]

:D

That could be it. You could tell that all day he'd be waiting for that lolly. Then seening his dreams shattered my a faulty fridge and a greedy cat.

I bet all the other similies had Ice-Lollys.

The poor little fella!
  7. drunkymonkey New Member

[quote:7bfdd1ae15="Rincewind"][quote:7bfdd1ae15="Maljonic"]I think he went to get an ice lolly on a hot sunny day and found that his fridge had been stolen and all his lollies were flung to the lino on the kitchen floor like unwanted dreams, melting away to nothing as a ferrel cat slurped the last of his strawberry addiction with apparent glee. :)[/quote:7bfdd1ae15]

:D

That could be it. You could tell that all day he'd be waiting for that lolly. Then seening his dreams shattered my a faulty fridge and a greedy cat.

I bet all the other similies had Ice-Lollys.

The poor little fella![/quote:7bfdd1ae15]
    I reckon he found out that :D was cheating on :( with 8) and they had a baby, like :oops: and then the :evil: came and :?: him to :arrow:

edit: horrible spelling mistake.
  8. Hex New Member

Poor Bob.
    *hugs Bob*

Hugging a little yellow smiley face is WEIRD.

:rock:

(That's me as a smiley. I miss my guitar, which is red. :( )

Now I'm sad like Bob. :(
  9. Mooseman New Member

Is it just me, or do they all look male? I cant imagine :badgrin: or :doubt: being female.. I suppose its the no-hair thing.

Hey Bob :( be a litle more like Tim :eek:
  10. colonesque10 New Member

[quote:c06528452c="Rincewind"]:(

My question to you is what made Little Bob so unhappy?[/quote:c06528452c]

I think it's just simply the fact that he's realised that Rinso has befriended him. He looked like :eek: before Rinso became interested (maybe sexually) in him. Poor little fella.
  11. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

[quote:8a51e8d4f6="Mooseman"]Is it just me, or do they all look male? [/quote:8a51e8d4f6]
    :roll: This one has always looked female to me.

I think Maljonic is right about poor Bob. Then again, it could be that he offered to do a public poetry reading at Emoticoncon, and got all psyched up for it, and wore his leather trousers specially; and then, on the actual day, he walked up on stage... and there was nobody there. He waited and waited, but no one came. And, as twilight drew in, he eventually had to come down off the stage and go home to burn his poetry book, and pretend it never happened, and build a little stone wall round his heart so that he would never be hurt again... So lonely... Little Bob is sooo lonely...
  12. Nadnerb New Member

[quote:120e6ea8d7="Buzzfloyd"]I think Maljonic is right about poor Bob. Then again, it could be that he offered to do a public poetry reading at Emoticoncon, and got all psyched up for it, and wore his leather trousers specially; and then, on the actual day, he walked up on stage... and there was nobody there. He waited and waited, but no one came. And, as twilight drew in, he eventually had to come down off the stage and go home to burn his poetry book, and pretend it never happened, and build a little stone wall round his heart so that he would never be hurt again... So lonely... Little Bob is sooo lonely...[/quote:120e6ea8d7]

That make me want to give him a hug. Poor lil' guy...
  13. Rincewind Number One Doorman

awwww poor little Bob.
  14. drunkymonkey New Member

he probably deserves it.
  15. Cynical_Youth New Member

Aww, hang in there Bob!

I love this smiley, btw:

:rock:

Edit: stupid mistake
  16. Electric_Man Templar

What's wrong with Bob?

I bet Bob is hugely in debt and behind on his mortgage. He's not getting any overtime at work so he's having to supplement his income as a disembodied face on a message board. The hourly rate isn't good, but he needs it or his kids will have to be sold for meat down the market, and his wife will have to go on the game. Of course all this working means that he isn't able to have regular meals, sleep or toilet breaks. Not that he requires regular toilet break due to his diet consisting mainly of cereal bars.

And that's probably just the tip of the iceberg....

He's also been named Bob by a wanabee irishman who: smells like a car park toilet, wears his mother's shirts, houses a rat on his face, calls himself the head librarian, obsesses about Phillip Schofield, has more DVD box sets than HMV and likes to name emoticons.

To put it mildly, his life could be better.
  17. sleepy_sarge New Member

All poor little Bob wants is to appear in Tripod comics.

In his own right. Not as some sort of sidekick.

To be a star.

Preferably as a pirate. Albeit an unhappy one
  18. Electric_Man Templar

It's his own fault he's unhappy, he brings down the entire mood of the message board with his negativity.
  19. drunkymonkey New Member

[quote:788839c65d="Electric_Man"]What's wrong with Bob?

I bet Bob is hugely in debt and behind on his mortgage. He's not getting any overtime at work so he's having to supplement his income as a disembodied face on a message board. The hourly rate isn't good, but he needs it or his kids will have to be sold for meat down the market, and his wife will have to go on the game. Of course all this working means that he isn't able to have regular meals, sleep or toilet breaks. Not that he requires regular toilet break due to his diet consisting mainly of cereal bars.

And that's probably just the tip of the iceberg....

He's also been named Bob by a wanabee irishman who: smells like a car park toilet, wears his mother's shirts, houses a rat on his face, calls himself the head librarian, obsesses about Phillip Schofield, has more DVD box sets than HMV and likes to name emoticons.

To put it mildly, his life could be better.[/quote:788839c65d]
    you're putting too much effort into this aren't you?
  20. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Too much effort?! You tell [i:bac6c92083]Bob[/i:bac6c92083] it's too much effort! :x

21. Rincewind Number One Doorman

No wonder he's so sad. All he wants is people to believe in him.

The poor little fella, Hasn't he had it bad enough allready?!
  22. QuothTheRaven New Member

While were are on the topic of emoticon emotions, take a look at this one:
    :ANAL:
    Look at the one on the bottoms face. He looks so resigned to his fate. It is sad.
  23. Kat_in_the_Hat New Member

[quote:666ff00f04="Rincewind"]No wonder he's so sad. All he wants is people to believe in him.
    [/quote:666ff00f04]

Clap your hands if you believe in Unhappy Bob! All together...I do believe in Unhappy Bob, I do, I do, I do!!
  24. spiky Bar Wench

Unhappy Bob: :(

Has fallen over and can't reach his beer... Would be more like happy Tim :eek: if he could but find his legs and get that beer :drinkers: the thought of that cold refreshing taste is making hime even more sad :cry: ...

Edit: to finish story cos inspiration takes a while in coming...
  25. drunkymonkey New Member

[quote:2c5962e385="Buzzfloyd"]Too much effort?! You tell [i:2c5962e385]Bob[/i:2c5962e385] it's too much effort! :x

:([/quote:2c5962e385]

okay, Bob, it's too much effort.
    Hang on, what are you doing next to that cliff, Bob, don't jump, oh, you already have...

Bob is God.
  26. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Poor, poor Bob, rolling down the cliff... :(

::claps hands::
  27. sleepy_sarge New Member

Unhappy Bob lay on the shingle beach. Lacking a body, all that was battered and bruised was his head. Slowly, his little sad eyes opened to see the sunshine. Little white clouds floated gently against a deep blue sky.

"Well I've made it" he thought. "Surely nothing bad can happen now".

His little downturned mouth almost straightened as he reflected on his narrow escape. "Really I'm quite lucky" he thought to himself. "Perhaps I don't need to be so unhappy all the time - Now I wonder where the path to safety is? I'm sure there wasn't this much sea around when I landed"

The tide, unstoppable rolled inwards. Poor Unhappy Bob bob...bob...bobbed off towards the horizon. :(
  28. fairyliquid New Member

There once was a man called bob,
    who was attacked one day by a mob.
    They stamped off his hair,
    And left his head bare.
    Then he jumped off a very big rock.

not bad for 5 minutes work

poor little bob. :(

edit:last line
  29. sleepy_sarge New Member

Poor Bob is unhappy - why's that?
    When you're only a head life seems flat
    On the date of your birth
    All your friends on this earth
    Will send you the same thing - a hat.
  30. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Wanting to laugh, trying not to laugh and eating a pastry are not things that go well together.

Excellent, Sleepy! :D
  31. drunkymonkey New Member

Bob Cheer up! :(

Bob, I command you to cheer up! :(

That's it Bob, take this! :(
  32. Roman_K New Member

I feel it's time for some... drastic measures.

Bob, I feel that we have not been communicating here.

You see? There you go again, with that sad expression of yours. I really feel it's time to stop.

Still not listening, eh? Ah well, time to test my new cattle-prod.

>>BRZZZT!<<

:shock:

See? Much better!
  33. Electric_Man Templar

Bob needs a PMA, at the moment it looks like he has PMT.
  34. drunkymonkey New Member

back to being a nic depressant again.
    honestly, some poeple just don't know how good their lives are...
  35. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Bob's life isn't good. Poor Bob. :(
  36. fudgecake New Member

I think Bob's quite talented... I can't put my mouth in that shape.

Cheer up Bob, we love you!!

Damn.
  37. spiky Bar Wench

[quote:7619a54c44="fudgecake"]I think Bob's quite talented... I can't put my mouth in that shape.

Cheer up Bob, we love you!!

Damn.[/quote:7619a54c44]

I actually think that you need no teeth to get your mouth in that shape... maybe he has no teeth and thats whats making him sad... I mean this guy has lots of teeth and look how happy he looks... :D
  38. fudgecake New Member

[quote:a9451fd026="spiky"]
    I actually think that you need no teeth to get your mouth in that shape... maybe he has no teeth and thats whats making him sad... I mean this guy has lots of teeth and look how happy he looks... :D[/quote:a9451fd026]

**gasp** By George I think you've got it! OR, maybe he has toothache. That's pretty crummy...
  39. sleepy_sarge New Member

[quote:888520206f="spiky"]
    I actually think that you need no teeth to get your mouth in that shape... maybe he has no teeth and thats whats making him sad... I mean this guy has lots of teeth and look how happy he looks... :D[/quote:888520206f]

Tip for those working in open offices. Do NOT attempt to test Spiky's theory by pulling a "Bob" face. This will remove your colleagues' few remaining doubts regarding your sanity.

And yes i DO have teeth. Still looked quite like Bob though.
  40. fudgecake New Member

Eee hee hee! What an interesting day at work it must be for everyone else! :D

My friend has a theory that maybe Bob used to look like this - :D - but he had a girlfriend who dumped him for being TOO happy. Et la, :(.
  41. sleepy_sarge New Member

[quote:9efead4eb7="fudgecake"] (\ /)
    :)()
    (> <) Bob Bunny[/quote:9efead4eb7]

Classic! :D
  42. fudgecake New Member

I thank you. **bows**

EDIT: Just noticed Bob in your avatar, sleepy_sarge. EEE hee hee! :D
  43. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

[quote:47bbb74d01="sleepy_sarge"]Tip for those working in open offices. Do NOT attempt to test Spiky's theory by pulling a "Bob" face. This will remove your colleagues' few remaining doubts regarding your sanity.

And yes i DO have teeth. Still looked quite like Bob though.[/quote:47bbb74d01]
    I wish I'd read your tip before the same thing happened to me!

I also like the Bob Bunny!
  44. Roman_K New Member

The Bob Bunny is indeed interesting. I shall make note of this.
  45. fudgecake New Member

**feels special** :D lol.
  46. sampanna New Member

Bob bought spiffy new running shoes yesterday, and while jogging in the park, he met the Number One Doorman.

They got along well, had a beer in the local pub, passed out in the gutter, stole a few sofas, all nice and fun stuff. But he woke up in the morning, hung over, and discovered his new shoes had been peed on.

Now Bob is :(
  47. spiky Bar Wench

Ok warning added:

Do not attempt to make Bob face in office. This will either cause your colleagues to think your off your rocker or cause you to loose your teeth as you take the experiment too far.

In either case a white van will be around shortly with a nice warm coat and a nice comfy room for you to bounce off the walls in...

I only said that about the Bob face because all of the photos of really old people seem to do it really well, so maybe I'll adjust my theory to Bob just feels old and his entire face has sagged into a deep frown...
  48. Rincewind Number One Doorman

I love the Bob Bunnies and Bobvatars.

Poor little Bob.
  49. Mooseman New Member

We will make you famous Bob! Then maybe you'll be happy

hmmm.. maybe not. New shoes?

Oh yeah. Bad memories, sorry.

Fine then! Be sad.

50. drunkymonkey New Member

[quote:a98310511a="Mooseman"]We will make you famous Bob! Then maybe you'll be happy

hmmm.. maybe not. New shoes?

Oh yeah. Bad memories, sorry.

Fine then! Be sad.

:([/quote:a98310511a]
    let's callh im names and hope that he cries and then drowns himself!
  51. sleepy_sarge New Member

I've made a pucture of Bob but I am too dumb to be able to include it in a message :(
  52. roisindubh211 New Member

I think Bob is unhappy because Tripod Bob stole his name. And has a dashing hat and sword.
    (he does have a sword, right?)
    *gives Bob a dashing hat*
    hmmm....I know what Bob needs- a sword. They make me happy!
    *gives Bob a sword*
    :evil:
    Bob, why are you making that face?
    *runs away from Bob*
  53. McLaren New Member

The reason Bob is unhappy?

Two words...

Wham Cupboard.

Bob used to be happy: :)

George met Bob: ;)

Bob wasn't so sure about his new friendship with George: :oops:

George invited Bob back to the Wham Cupboard: :lol:

Bob never spoke of the events which followed, though they left him shocked and changed him forever: :shock:

Bob hasn't smiled since: :(

George has: :D
  54. Rincewind Number One Doorman

The same thing pretty much happen to me. Thats why i get on with Bob.

Damn, that whamm Cupboard.
  55. drunkymonkey New Member

[quote:7b5c17ba55="Rincewind"]The same thing pretty much happen to me. Thats why i get on with Bob.

Damn, that whamm Cupboard.[/quote:7b5c17ba55]
    There's a moral to this story, I'm buggered to find it though.
  56. Rincewind Number One Doorman

I'd say the moral is, not get into strange mens closets. No matter how much candy he offers you.
  57. Rincewind Number One Doorman

[quote:eb561f5ce9="drunkymonkey"][quote:eb561f5ce9="Rincewind"]The same thing pretty much happen to me. Thats why i get on with Bob.

Damn, that whamm Cupboard.[/quote:eb561f5ce9]
    There's a moral to this story, I'm buggered to find it though.[/quote:eb561f5ce9]

Your not they only one who got buggered looking for things in Dales stories.
  58. drunkymonkey New Member

[quote:5fca14566e="Rincewind"][quote:5fca14566e="drunkymonkey"][quote:5fca14566e="Rincewind"]The same thing pretty much happen to me. Thats why i get on with Bob.

Damn, that whamm Cupboard.[/quote:5fca14566e]
    There's a moral to this story, I'm buggered to find it though.[/quote:5fca14566e]

Your not they only one who got buggered looking for things in Dales stories.[/quote:5fca14566e]
    lol, well, as you say, the moral is do not go into strange cupboards, I mean you could end up in Narnia...
  59. Rincewind Number One Doorman

quote family guy: 'Gimmie that sock back you goat bastard!'
  60. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Dale, you used all those smilies and still didn't manage to include :ANAL: in a post about the Wham cupboard!

Also, Drunkymonkey, the things you say about poor Bob are evil! I'll know in future never to let [i:402008042d]you[/i:402008042d] look after any of my pet emoticons!