Tripod

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Orrdos, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Delphine New Member

Make that 10 months for me, considering how long it took for the first one to load on dialup :|
  2. Orrdos God

http://www.orrdos.com/comic282.htm

New updates.

I was going to wait and put all the competition entries up at the same time, but I felt tephlons comic was so well drawn that it deserved an audience.

So it's there :)

Now, this doesn't mean it's won. The winner is the comic that makes me laugh most. So we'll see what that one is at a later time :)
  3. Bob New Member

Cool comics!

BTW, a lot of your links don't work, 5 on main page (inc fred.htm twice) and none of the photos. Glitch?

~B:wink:B~
  4. Orrdos God

Not a glitch, no.

The main page is still a work in progress. I'll get around to finishing it one day
  5. chrisjordan New Member

It will never not be a work in progress.

Great comics. The talk-like-a-pirate-day one was hilarious.
  6. Delphine New Member

The Talk like a Pirate comic is PURE MAGIC :)

And Tephlons comic is comictastic. Wow.

Chris, your sig intrigues me :shock:
  7. Tephlon Active Member

heh, thanks guys.

Doors: Maybe you should take down the quality of my JPG a bit. It loads realllllly slowly. (I have no Net at this time, I'm using a mobile internet card and it's SLOOOOOOOoooooo...... wwww)
  8. Electric_Man Templar

Wait. The comics are supposed to be funny?
  9. Tephlon Active Member

... Wait, *Tripod* is supposed to be funny...?
  10. QuothTheRaven New Member

Has anyone else noticed that the archive page only has about half of the Tripods.
  11. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Great stuff Doors.

Yarrrrrr!
  12. Roman_K New Member

Indeed. A pleasure to mine eyes.
  13. colonesque10 New Member

Love the new Tripods Doors. The pirate day one was panda funny. I really must get that one finished that I started all them years ago, I hope that kind of humour still works in the 21st century. :)
  14. Freya New Member

I'd forgotten about your M25 experience, one of my favourites!

Although the M25 is my friend, I've studied it in depth over the years, every bit of white paint, every cat's eye, clockwise/anti-clockwise; I love it all.
  15. Orrdos God

Ok, updated.

http://www.orrdos.com/comic286.htm

The 300th comic rapidly appraoches, so I've decided to do something a little bit different from the one off gag strips.

I'm also going to endeavour to update on a mon-wed-fri schedule, one comic on each of those days, until I've finished the whole sequence. This is mostly dependent on my net connection.

Also: my inherent laziness.

:)
  16. Cynical_Youth New Member

:D

I can't wait to see more of that epic storyline.
  17. Toaf New Member

Yay! Update. More!

(minimalism rules.)
  18. QuothTheRaven New Member

When will 281 be continued?

Also: the computer tech support one was great.
  19. Garner Great God and Founding Father

thanks. i think tephlon's art really brought it to life more than the script deserved on its own.
  20. Tephlon Active Member

Yeah, I had to work really hard to make something of that script...

Uh, I mean, "No, the script made the comic!"

;)
  21. Andalusian New Member

Woo! More tripod.
  22. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Cool. :) Who the hell is the guy in the green coat?
  23. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Iwas wondering the same thisng Buzz.

Brilliant Tripod Doors. Can't wait for more.
  24. Electric_Man Templar

I asked Doors the same thing, and he said that it was Gooner 'of course'. How could we not spot that?

Because we're not in the (very small) mind of a Scotsman is the answer.
  25. Rincewind Number One Doorman

classness on a stick!

Oh, i also loved the one where kenny turned the world upside down!
  26. Tephlon Active Member

I forgot to say that the other 'pods are very good too. I love that the jokes come out so well with the limited art. I also noticed that Doors is putting in more and more facial expressions. :)
  27. colonesque10 New Member

YAY! New tripod, and the rock. I like the sound of your mon-wed-fri tripod scripts but due to your crapness, shoorglyness, and damn right Scottishness I doubt you will keep this up. Prove me wrong and I will sacrafice Rinso in your honour. :)
  28. Orrdos God

I am?

I didn't even notice :)
  29. Orrdos God

Updated.

http://www.orrdos.com/comic.htm

Also, gooner was "obvious" cause i have drawn him before, back in the days of the old school Tripod.

Obviously, no one rememeberd :)
  30. colonesque10 New Member

Superbio Doors. :D

Damn that evil Cockney fool. :x
  31. Dane New Member

Cool. I like it. Keep it up Doors :D
  32. Ba Lord of the Pies

Ba knew it was Gooner.

Clearly, Ba is smarter than Grace.
  33. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

34. Roman_K New Member

Fantastic, Doors. Keep 'em coming.
  35. Hsing Moderator

Fantastic... everyone involved! ;) Thank you!
  36. Orrdos God

I might not get a chance to update today, shit hit the fan at work, so I need to spend the evening job hunting.

I may be able to fire one off later, but I can't promise anything
  37. Smoking_GNU New Member

This is exellent. It gave me quite some insight as to the people on this site; who they are, what their status is, there level of intellegence (nonono it was only a goke nonono not the thunderspork nononoooooo aaaaggggghhhhhh aahhgggga aaahhhggg hugha #bubbling noise#. :prayer:
  38. colonesque10 New Member

Pfft. I see the whole monday, wednesday, friday thing lasted long..... ;)

Only messin mate. I hope it all sorts itself out at work. If not i'll happily send my monthly paycheck North to Carluke if you wish. It's the least a number 1 doorman can do. :)
  39. Orrdos God

Well, I failed to keep updated.

I have no real reason, but my life has been very hectic of late.

Anyway, in the meantime, I have uploaded a load of guest comics that were in the competition.

The winner:

Ba!

Hoorah for ba.

http://www.orrdos.com/comic293.htm
  40. Ba Lord of the Pies

Ba is triumphant!

Ba Invictus!
  41. Tephlon Active Member

42. Ba Lord of the Pies

Tephlon is simply jealous of Ba's comedic genius.
  43. Roman_K New Member

Great comic, Ba. I like.
  44. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Well, dang, I forgot all about this. I'll just have to submit guest strips as usual.

I love Ba's comic. Well done, Ba!
  45. Tephlon Active Member

Is he? :)

Edit: I like it by the way, very funny.
  46. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Nice collection of guest Tripods.

Of course, mine is by far the most insane as it has nothing to do with anything.

Congrats Ba.
  47. Dane New Member

48. Garner Great God and Founding Father

um... was that relevant to anything? or just continued daneness?
  49. Roman_K New Member

Quite irrelevant, I feel. Just Dane being Dane.
  50. Garner Great God and Founding Father

:?

Dane, we talked about this... you know you're not allowed to do that anymore!
  51. Roman_K New Member

I think it's time to lock Dane in The Closet for a while. It would only do him good.
  52. Dane New Member

If i go in I'm sure as hell not comeing out! No the point was that it's the same hat as capting carrots I belive in Tripod. Sorry I didn't have enough time to post that bit. I will stop with the stupid posts in the wrong threads now
  53. Garner Great God and Founding Father

well, for anyone who hasn't seen a propeller beenie before, that is indeed what carrot's wearing.

since i don't think carrot's appeared in any tripods for quite some time, it was a bit of a non-sequitor without any explaination. that's the only issue really. this was the appropriate thread for it, it wasn't that stupid, it was just lacking any context or reference that would let the post make sense to the rest of us.

one of the best ways to lose friends and alienate people on an established message board is to treat posting as if everyone were already privy to what's going on in your mind.
  54. Ba Lord of the Pies

Indeed. Just because the voices know what Dane is thinking doesn't mean anyone else does.
  55. Roman_K New Member

I don't think the voices know, Ba. In some cases, even the voices just give up.
  56. colonesque10 New Member

Great tripods people. It looks like i've been drinking in that picture, i'm pretty sure this can't be case. :D
  57. roisindubh211 New Member

aw, I was hoping for shiny newness... I'll go stand with bob now. :( :(
  58. colonesque10 New Member

I apologise for getting your hopes up roisindubh211. I'm just a bad bad person. :(
  59. Hex New Member

*Stabs colonesque*

For getting my hopes up. :badgrin:
  60. McLaren New Member

Hurrah, my plan of going away for ages so that there'd be new tripod when I got back worked! See you in six months for the next update! ;)