Tripod

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Orrdos, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Orrdos God

I made a special edition tripod, to celebrate the move :)

Here
  2. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Great stuff Doors. Poor stupid Kenny.
  3. Hsing Moderator

:D
    Its comforting, somehow.
    Just one question... who is Bob, anyway?

Edit: managed to get code wrong despite fool proof tool.
  4. colonesque10 New Member

Dammit. I hear that so much Om. :D

Too late anyway doors, i'm here now and have been for over 24 hours now, so there. The strip still rocked though. :)
  5. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Yay! I love this Tripod. :)
  6. Dane New Member

Loved it. Yet I couldn't help but notice a distinct lack of a certain element that would make it complete....Alchohol!
  7. Delphine New Member

Pah. He said he'd made a moving comic. So I got all excited thinking it would actually [i:bdce744f04]move.[/i:bdce744f04] But no!

Anyway, it's still good, it's still good :)
  8. Maljonic Administrator

Like it, the strip I mean. :)
  9. Hex New Member

poor kenny. He looks so sad.

Brilliant stuff doors. Hopefully this move to the new board will mean you create many more tripods for us to enjoy.

Hopefully. ;)
  10. Electric_Man Templar

Is this the tripod version of Home Alone?
  11. Mynona Member

There is alcohol, look at Nester's hand. And you should know that where there is doormen there's always beer.
  12. Saccharissa Stitcher

Awww, it's so cute!
  13. colonesque10 New Member

It may be, although I can't see me brilliantly and hilariously thwarting any criminals, even ones that dumb. :(
  14. Kat_in_the_Hat New Member

What an...auspicious start to our new home.

Very funny :)
  15. fudgecake New Member

Wowee!! I only just joined, so I don't really know what it's all about... I'm assuming they're all people from the site?

Very cool. :D
  16. Tephlon Active Member

Yes.

The older comics can be found HERE

Some jokes might not make any sense but it's pretty funny overall.

Edit: Posting and Sleepdeprivation do not go hand in hand.
    Edit 2: Fixed link. [mutter]Just my luck, all those people online[/mutter]
  17. fudgecake New Member

Thank you! ... But the link isn't working for me. :( Maybe my computer is just being difficult?

Perhaps I should offer it some micro-chips? 8)
  18. Cynical_Youth New Member

Tephlon, you need to remove one http:// from your link. :)
  19. Mooseman New Member

haha and me fudge! I'm not sure who any of those are... is there a link to a strip showing who they be?

Edit: woops theres one already up there. Im too slow :(
  20. fudgecake New Member

Eee hee hee!! These are funny!! I want a cool little person!! :lol:
  21. Garner Great God and Founding Father

stick around for a while then... it happens of its own accord.

it's a well known fact that actually ASKING doors to do anything means he deliberately delays it
  22. fudgecake New Member

lol! Sorry, I didn't really mean I wanted one OF me, I just want one, you know, to take home in a shoebox and feed little pieces of chocolate. They're so cute! :lol:
  23. Roman_K New Member

Doors will give you Kenny if you're nice, right, Doors? ;)
  24. Orrdos God

I don't think I can even give Kenny away, to be honest
  25. fudgecake New Member

Aww, go on... :D
  26. Roman_K New Member

Just for a weekend, if he's not too afraid of other people's homes.
  27. Orrdos God

Generally, the best way to get into a tripod comic is to have some major personality defect :)

That gives me plenty of material to then create humour from :)

Since we're all about new starts these days (and I'm bored), I'll go over what Tripod is :)

Basically, it's a comic. A comic based on my online life, and the people that I know, or have known.

It all started as a particularly creative flame in a long running, tedious argument I was having with another posted. After many times previously saying I could only make my point clearer by drawing a picture, I did :)

So, the first comic was born. It's not the first one in the archives though. If people want to see it, I'll dig it out though.

So, inspired by the rousing reception it got, I made more.

I honestly thought I'd do about 5 and run out of ideas. But, we're pushing towards 300 now. Which worries me :)

Over that time, it's went through some major changes. Mostly, the change in drawing style from horrific, to quite nice :)

There's been a few animated tripods (and I plan to make more of those), theres been a lot of guest comics (although, not many recently. I demand more!).

While I still think of it as my baby, I also like to think of it as something of a community project, with people from all over the place putting their own creative stamps on it.

And some of them are amazingly good comics. I'd also love to see more people drawing their own interpretations of the characters, just for some visual variety :)

So, yeah. You make me a comic, and I'll stick it up.

Actually, I might do a competition....

Anyway.

I'm planning something good for comic 300, when we eventually get there. So, stay tuned :)
  28. fudgecake New Member

Wow, excellent! 300?? Blimey... :eek:

I'd love to do a guest comic, except, you know, I can't draw... :? I'm quite good at nicking other people's drawings and changing them to the point where I've basically drawn them anyway... ;) Probably shouldn't have mentioned that... **whistles innocently**
  29. Garner Great God and Founding Father

hell fudgecake, that's how doors got the current look for tripod :lol:

anyway, most people just cut and paste the various cast members into a blank strip.
  30. Mooseman New Member

hehe thats what im doin right now.. :lol:
  31. fudgecake New Member

Phew. I thought someone was going to call the cops. ;) You know... the erm... cops of... not stealing other people's drawings... and stuff. :?

I might have a go at that if I can think of a good idea then.
  32. Delphine New Member

Yay, a tripod competition! That'll rock. I remember the first one, the flame with bluegerbil... "You suck! You are mean! Black! White! Black! White!"

(And Fudgecake, totally off the subject for a moment... I really liked your avatar from the old board, the little fairy tapping her foot... She always tapped along in perfect time to whatever I was listening to :) )
  33. QuothTheRaven New Member

34. spiky Bar Wench

I was inspired to try and capture my character in art, as I suck at art this is the best I could come up with...

[IMG]

I thought the kangaroo was a particularly nice, if naff, touch :)
  35. Mooseman New Member

If I've made one, (not saying I have.. :roll: ) how would I show people it?
  36. Cynical_Youth New Member

Upload it somewhere. Which either means getting someone with their own website to host it for you or creating a free account that lets you host pictures somewhere.

Or you could upload it to the "albums" section on this site, if Mal approves of it. I think that would be okay, but I'd check first.
  37. Orrdos God

Or, just mail me it and I'll get it uploaded :)

My address in is my profile
  38. Garner Great God and Founding Father

tripods should be sent to doors. that's the procedure, and it's pretty well established.

once doors gets them, he tends to sit on it for six to eight weeks, and then when he updates with about 9 or 10 tripods drawn by other people, he'll throw in one or two of his own at the end, and thus somehow manages to take credit for ALL of them, because people only ever mention his name when they say how good they are.

true story.
  39. Electric_Man Templar

True stories not just story.
  40. Cynical_Youth New Member

yeah... I wasn't thinking.
  41. Orrdos God

Well, I just like to have my own one as the one on the main comic page, so I only ever update when I've got a new one ready myself :)
  42. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Six to eight weeks? He normally sits on mine for a good three months, and I have to send them to him at least twice!

:( Poor Bob.
  43. fudgecake New Member

Lol, oh, that makes me want to have Saria back.. but I like this one too!! Argh. :lol: Oh the choices...

I'd better get on this Tripod thing!!! Must... think of... an idea.... grrrrr.... **brain melts** Oh, I shouldn't have thought so hard... Duhhhh. :|
  44. Mooseman New Member

I've done it now. Hope y'all like it! (Thats for when you see it, if Doors doesnt sit on it.)
  45. roisindubh211 New Member

hmmm...I am tempted to try to make one of these myself.

Is unhappy bob unhappy because tripod bob took his name?
  46. Faerie New Member

47. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

48. Orrdos God

Tripod Bob was first, I shall have you know :)
  49. QuothTheRaven New Member

50. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

51. Delphine New Member

52. Orrdos God

53. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Number 277 is one of my favourites ever!
  54. Garner Great God and Founding Father

nah, it's 279... that's the best one ever. A true return to the roots of Tripod!
  55. Rincewind Number One Doorman

280 classic. I miss Eu.:(
  56. QuothTheRaven New Member

281. Oh, the suspense.
  57. Delphine New Member

Gasp! Who was coming? What was in the box? I NEED ANSWERS!

When will Part 2 be out, doors? ;)
  58. colonesque10 New Member

Loved the new tripod's boss. The eu? one was superb. :)
  59. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

In only 8 months time! In glorious technicolour!
  60. Andalusian New Member

Cool, I liked the lemming one also 8)