tripod idea

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Angua_rox New Member

Hah.

And here was me thinking that Ba had decided to bless you! :)
  2. Ba Lord of the Pies

Ba approves of all of this, save the implication that he's Doors' father. He does not approve of that at all.
  3. Orrdos God

[quote:8bdc9116cd="Katcal"]On a heatwave-inspired theme, here's a little one I just threw together...[/quote:8bdc9116cd]

I liked it a lot, but one tiny suggestion!

Perhaps the halo should be blown further away in each panel?

:)
  4. Delphine New Member

Hooray for Doors! he saved the day!

Hooray for Garner! only making me slow in one comic!

Hooray for the fruit pie ships! they made me laugh a lot!

Hooray for Katcal as well! (even if it took me a few seconds to actually get it. but when i did i laughed!)

hooray!
  5. Ba Lord of the Pies

[quote:eab228f22b="Orrdos"][quote:eab228f22b="Katcal"]On a heatwave-inspired theme, here's a little one I just threw together...[/quote:eab228f22b]

:)[/quote:eab228f22b]

No, no, the implication is that everyone is already reacting as much as possible already. The joke only works if Ella is the only one who hasn't been affected yet.
  6. Electric_Man Templar

[quote:3ba01c7fab="Ba"][quote:3ba01c7fab="Orrdos"][quote:3ba01c7fab="Katcal"]On a heatwave-inspired theme, here's a little one I just threw together...[/quote:3ba01c7fab]

:)[/quote:3ba01c7fab]

No, no, the implication is that everyone is already reacting as much as possible already. The joke only works if Ella is the only one who hasn't been affected yet.[/quote:3ba01c7fab]

I think Doors' character should be changed to normal hair and he should say "Ach, ah'll do it later"

Ah, it's good enough as it is.
  7. Orrdos God

[quote:1c294cc3b8="Ba"][quote:1c294cc3b8="Orrdos"][quote:1c294cc3b8="Katcal"]On a heatwave-inspired theme, here's a little one I just threw together...[/quote:1c294cc3b8]

:)[/quote:1c294cc3b8]

No, no, the implication is that everyone is already reacting as much as possible already. The joke only works if Ella is the only one who hasn't been affected yet.[/quote:1c294cc3b8]

No, I don't think so.

As it is, it looks like the halo's just stuck there in mid air for some reason, which sort of pulled me out of the comic.
  8. Ba Lord of the Pies

If the halo were simply free floating, it would be left behind everytime Grace walked around. That it remains with her implies that it is in some way "tethered" to her. Thus, while the wind is able to move it somewhat away from her, it is unable to move any further.
  9. Orrdos God

Well, comedy effect trumps such things :)

Also, the halo blowing across the panel would indicate time passing, before snails hair finally catches up.

Personally, that'd make it funnier to me :)

But, I do like it as it is :)
  10. Hex New Member

My first Tripod appearance! Huzzah!

Verry nice Garner. I hope your boss gets stuck in meetings more often!

And nice Katcal too. It was most amusing. :D

Yay for Tripod Ideas!
  11. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:ac81a2e01d="Ba"]If the halo were simply free floating, it would be left behind everytime Grace walked around. That it remains with her implies that it is in some way "tethered" to her. Thus, while the wind is able to move it somewhat away from her, it is unable to move any further.[/quote:ac81a2e01d]

I must admit that I did hesitate a while about what to do with the halo, and finally reached the same conclusion as Ba... but hey, maybe the halo will do something funny to Doors one day :D

Edit 4 spllung
  12. redneck New Member

Great Tripod ideas and great comic, Katcal.

For some reason (it couldn't have anything to do with being up for an ungodly amount of time could it) I read Hex's last comment as "Yay for Tripod Jesus!" That nearly tripped me out.
  13. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:49f24c2f35="Delphine"]Hooray for Katcal as well! (even if it took me a few seconds to actually get it. but when i did i laughed!)

hooray![/quote:49f24c2f35]
    Priceless :D
  14. Katcal I Aten't French !

15. KaptenKaries New Member

Hahah great one Kat! :-D
  16. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:095f4bfde7="Garner"]pannel one: FLAME WARS
    pannel 2: doors, garner, and the droidmen walking in town
    Doors: But how am I supposed to learn how to use my close relation's Flame saber and become a Nazi Knight if you don't train me?
    Garner: (unconcerned) Meh.
    pannel 3: katkal pops up, with a giant bunny beside her.
    Katkal: Hi! I'm a pilot! OOOOH! You've got droids... smelly smelly droidmen!
    Doors: (blasts katkal with the flame saber)
    Garner: If you've got the instinct, it just kind of comes naturally.
    Doors: I see.
    Pannel 4: garner, doors, and droids walk into a pub. they meet grace, mynona, plaid, and om (as desert hermit, young nazi in training, and droids respectively). all appear shocked.
    caption: To Be Continued...[/quote:095f4bfde7]
    I guess I skipped this one (and a few others) 'tis funny :D I like the giant bunny as Shoebucket the Wookie :D
  17. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Very cool, Garner. I especially like the fact that I'm in some of them. Woo Yay!
  18. Mynona Member

Kind of agree with Om, most of the ideas are good though those with me in them are the best. Of course. You just can't beat natural talent at tripoding.
  19. KaptenKaries New Member

Those without me in them (that is, all) suck!
  20. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Doors, I thought the halo worked just fine. It was actually my favourite bit of the first panel. Evidently, you just have poor judgment!
  21. Ba Lord of the Pies

Of course he does. He's [i:52470d1589]Doors[/i:52470d1589].
  22. Katcal I Aten't French !

23. Garner Great God and Founding Father

i liked it, katcal :)

only thing, plaid should be smaller than the other women
  24. Katcal I Aten't French !

Oh right, I was wondering if that was done on purpose in the cast pictures or if it was just a mistake... now I know !

Edited to faint at having made Garner smile. *faints*
  25. Ba Lord of the Pies

*Pokes around Kat's site*

Frenchie.
  26. Katcal I Aten't French !

**pokes Ba** Pokie :p Half of it's in English, just not the blog :D
  27. Mynona Member

She couldn't possibly be all French, I mean, the general French person knows about as much English as the general American dude knows french.

And yes, I've been to France. And no, they didn't speak anything close to English. Which was bad, since I faked knowing French. I did have some pretty interesting conversations, though. I have no idea what we spoke about but they were interesting. There was also the skull of a dead guy inside a cupper-bust in a church. Don't ask.
  28. Electric_Man Templar

What was with the skull of a dead guy inside a cupper-bust in a church? :p
  29. Angua_rox New Member

She said don't ask!!

Personally, I'm guessing a relic. Or a handy chalice. Both work for me. :)
  30. spiky Bar Wench

I blame doors. Its just like him to leave the bits of his victims lying all over Europe.
  31. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:9e827b26bd="spiky"]I blame doors. Its just like him to leave the bits of his victims lying all over Europe.[/quote:9e827b26bd]
    it was a human skull, not an ovine one :D

And, no, the French don't speak English. They actually have a word for what they speak, it's yaourt" (yoghurt) meaning they gargle something that sounds like English but doesn't actually mean anything.

This was actually one of the most obvious flaws in the DaVinci Code film, the French police guys spoke decent-ish English. French policemen don't even speak French.
  32. Garner Great God and Founding Father

pannel 1: title: SUPER FORCE!
    ben, in super villan costume: At last, I, Electric Man, have succeeded in destroying Garner's computer! He'll be so busy repairing his precious machine that he'll never be able to stop me from global domination!
    pannel 2:
    roman, in super villan costume: Not so fast, Electric Man!
    ben: *Gasp!* The Zionist!!
    roman: The very same! Thanks to you, Garner cannot burn CDs for me!
    ben: Have at you!
    Roman: Avast!
    pannel 3: roman and ben fighting, garner standing to one side, in his super hero costume, holding a cup of tea.
    Roman/ben fighting: Ow! Quit pulling my hair!
    pannel 4:
    Grace, in super hero costume: How was your day, dear?
    Garner, back in normal clothes: Meh... two wrongs made a right.
  33. Garner Great God and Founding Father

the following are all based on that guest appearance idea thingie i had that i forgot about.
  34. Garner Great God and Founding Father

title: Introducing Cynical Youth!
    panel 1: an old man tramp in a meadow of flowers and deer
    old man tramp: and remember, mr deer, always expect the best of people, even strangers!
    deer: (perplexed look)
    panel 2: enter garner
    old man tramp: oh, hello stranger! (see, mr deer? we're about to meet a new best friend!) how do you do!
    garner: um... I was here looking for cynical youth...
    old man tramp: that's ME!!
    garner: you, uh... you don't look very youthful, man.
    panel 3: old man's smiling even more now
    old man tramp: oh, but i'm young at heart, my new best friend! i just know i can trust you forever!
    garner: right... this is getting creepy.
    pannel 4: no longer in the meadow
    grace: so, how did your meeting with coppe go?
    garner: ...
    grace: honey?
    garner: I never thought a country could go wrong by legalizing drugs...
    grace: oh dear...
    panel 5: night time in a different meadow
    coppe: Hello? Tsk, I *knew* this was going to happen...
  35. Garner Great God and Founding Father

title: Introducing... Redneck!
    panel 1: delapidated shack
    nate: Howdy, ya'll, an' welcome to a bran' new tripod mini'series called 'Down Home Cookin''. It's starin' me, Nate!
    panel 2: in a fabulously appointed kitchen inside the delapidated shack
    nate: now, today we's gonna learn how to prepare a real fine chateau briand topped with caramelized onions and sauteed woods ear mushrooms and then garnished with red chard and pak choi in a light garlic and oyster sauce, and all served up with fresh egg noodles tossed with diced olives and just a bit of green chili peppers to give it that special 'Down Home Cookin'' zing that ya'll love so much!
    panel 3: garner, in a director's chair. doors behind the camera. intern rinso with headset and clipboard. all looking stunned and shocked.
    rinso (from direction of his stomach) grrrrrrrrruuuuumbbbbllleeeeeeee
    panel 4: ba and garner, having coffee
    Garner: So, we had to cancel the show...
    Ba: Let Ba guess, Garner didn't want to attach his name to some stereotypical southern 'roadkill' menu?
    Garner: No... rinso ate the whole chateau briand and got a good chunk of nate's leg while he was at it.
    Ba: Wait... Redneck wasn't cooking possum pie?
    Garner: No... man, he was going to do a creme brule for dessert!
    Ba: But... but... *sniff* The pie...
  36. Garner Great God and Founding Father

title: Introducing... Pixel!
    panel 1: creepy stoned old man in the meadow, passing a doobie to stoned, confused deer
    old man: ...and I'm telling you, sometimes this whole 'universal brotherhood' thing... i mean, it's great and all, but i can't help feeling like i'm missing something...
    panel 2: identical looking old man, scowling and frowning, shaking his fist in a window at kids playing outside
    old man: ...and you kids ought to be horse whipped for your fiscal irresponsibility! What do you think life is, just fun and games? HEY! I saw that! I'll tell your parents and they'll horsewhip you if they know what's good for you!
    pannel 3: stoned old man in the meadow, deer is now passed out
    old man: ...s'like... s'like being happy all the time, right? It's like... it's happy, but after a while, it just gets kind of... you know... like... routine...
    pannel 4: identical looking old man, bowing at an altar before a picture of margret thatcher
    old man: Oh dark mistress, accept this humble offering that you may one day rise again and crush these weak and benighted liberals beneath your perfectly accessorized heels!
    pannel 5: ba and garner, in ba's laboratory. garner looking through a telescope, ba standing beside a complicated machine.
    garner: Well... I'll admit it, your Quantum Personality Spectrum Seperator really works. But, Ba... what good is it?
    ba: Garner should keep watching. In a moment, Ba will reverse the polarity.
    garner: Oooh! Do the hippy first, before he finishes that roach!
  37. Garner Great God and Founding Father

title: Introducing... Bauke!
    pannel 1: a cliff/hill overlooking lovely white beaches, a sign reads 'Welcome to Portugal!'
    bauke (possibly wearing LAMJ shirt): Ah, I've made it at last... I hope I'm doing the right thing, moving halfway across europe to be with the woman I love and live out my dream of designing comedy t-shirts...
    panel 2: closer to the beaches
    Eu: Bom dia!
    Bauke: Er, um... bom dia...
    panel 3: at the beach, several Eus are sunbathing. a few are flying around in tiny little propeller planes, on a scale with 'miniature' motorbikes...
    Eus: Bom dia!
    Bauke: I may have made a mistake...
    panel 4: psychedelic tie-dye swirling/spiriling in to the centre of the panel, with Eu's face smack dab in the middle.
    panel 5: as the first panel.
    avgi: Ah, a vacation at last... and Portugal's such a lovely country...
    Bauke (with monocle and top hat): Bom dia!
    avgi: Bom dia!
    panel 6: title bar: And the moral of the story...
    avgi/bauke/eu: Come to Portugal! We've decriminalized drugs, too!
  38. Garner Great God and Founding Father

title: Introducing... Hsing!
    panel 1: lots of scribbling and childish crayon drawings of a mom and a little kid
    panel 2: crayon drawing of a woman labled 'mom' in german.
    panel 3: a wee little kid is drawing on a sheet of paper.
    Grace: where's Yvonne?
    Garner: Shhh... she fell asleep while we were setting up for filming.
    Doors: So why didn't you wake her?
    Garner: Are you kidding, this is the first decent sleep she's had for a month. Let her nap.
    panel 4:
    Doors: Ach, so what are we going to do for a strip, jimmy?
    Garner: I gave Yvonne's kid a box of crayons, and we can just go with what she draws.
    Grace, Avgi, Om, Myn, Plaid, etc: Awwwwwwwww, that's so cute!
    panel 5: cartoon drawing of woman and child, with big red hearts around it.
  39. Garner Great God and Founding Father

title: Introducing Something Clever!
    panel 1: arizona desert, a cloud of dust on the horizon
    panel 2: cloud of dust has grown, something's zooming closer at high speed
    panel 3: large convertible cadilac with the top down zooms by, Anj at the wheel with sunglasses on. back seat is filled with liquor bottles.
    panel 4: cadilac skreetches to a halt outside a big house with an inflatible kiddie pool in the front yard. the doormen are evident. nester is sitting in the kiddie pool, and eu is doing a high wire tightrope walk on the power lines. rinso and kenny run towards the back seat of the car.
    kenny: I love booze, me... it's brilliant!
    nester: I hereby declare today Something Clever Day!
    secret service goon: I'll get your bourbon, sir.
    panel 5: anj, driving back off into the desert, cloud of dust building up behind her...
    car radio: 'Well I'm drivin in my car, and a man comes on the radio, tellin me more and more about some useless information...'
    caption: All in a day's work, for a job that's never done!
  40. Garner Great God and Founding Father

title: Introducing.... Fairyliquid!
    panel 1: open, empty field. bottle of washing liquid in the middle.
    panel 2: as above.
    panel 3: as above.
    panel 4: as above.
    panel 5: garner and fairyliquid. fairyliquid scowling at garner.
    Garner: Look, it was a joke that had to be made. It was going to be made sooner or later, so we might as well get it out of the way now, right? It was just one of those unavoidable things...
  41. Garner Great God and Founding Father

special 'wide screen edition' tripod!
    Title: The Mal of La Mancha!
    panel 1: Mal, atop his donkey, with a lance. Marcia behind him looking nonplussed. spanish countryside, villas evident in the distance, windmills atop a large hill to the other side of the panel.
    Mal: Come, Marcia, we must slay the giants!
    Marcia: Isn't this just tilting at windmills?
  42. OmKranti Yogi Wench

*Applauds* brilliant!!
  43. QuothTheRaven New Member

44. spiky Bar Wench

My favourite is the Fariyliquid one... but they are all good.
  45. Bradthewonderllama New Member

These are all good ideas. Here's hoping that they come to fruition (-:
  46. Katcal I Aten't French !

I loved the Mal one :D and yes the fairyliquid one was funny... but hey, they were all good... now we just have to get Hsing's little one to draw them all :D

Edited because of an apostrophe what just wouldn't stay put !
  47. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Mal of La Mancha is my favourite too.
  48. Garner Great God and Founding Father

title: The Triumphant return of the Garner and Ba Show!
    panel 1: ba rushes in
    Ba: Garner! Garner!! Ba must tell Garner about a dream Ba has had.
    Garner: Must he?
    Ba: Silence! Ba dreamed about a tiny little monster named Harold...
    panel 2: pictures of clocks and calanders
    caption: Much, much later...
    panel 3:
    Garner: Have you ever considered therapy?
    Ba: Ba was, but the therapist killed himself after only two sessions.
    Garner: Thus saving you the trouble, eh?
    Ba: Indeed! How dare he take that away!
  49. Ba Lord of the Pies

And that's how Ba got into necromancy.
  50. Victimov8 New Member

Well - it is better than necrophilia...
  51. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:504b95f68d="Victimov8"]Well - it is better than necrophilia...[/quote:504b95f68d]
    I am so glad someone else made that comment before I did.

Ewwwwe ! Dave, you're groosssssss !!! :D **points falsely shocked finger**
  52. missy New Member

he only said what you were thinking and what Ba enjoys doing!
  53. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:02bd957a7d="missy"]he only said what you were thinking and what Ba enjoys doing![/quote:02bd957a7d]
    Yes, and please make sure you keep that sentence that way round :D
  54. Garner Great God and Founding Father

panel 1:
    Garner (at his computer): Oh man... there's too many good games coming out this fall...
    Grace: Sweetie, we can't afford all of those.
    panel 2:
    Garner: Well... maybe you could get another job?
    Grace: (angry stare)
    panel 3: Garner, looking homeless now, holds up a sign that reads 'Will write tripods for games'
  55. Ba Lord of the Pies

[quote:f77983bc4f="missy"]he only said what you were thinking and what Ba enjoys doing![/quote:f77983bc4f]

*Reanimates the body of Ed Gein and sicks him on Missy* Kill! Kill for Ba's amusement!
  56. Garner Great God and Founding Father

title: At home with the Garners!
    pannel 1: garner at the computer, grace standing beside him, looking worried. dust bunnies hopping around the place.
    Grace: We REALLY need to tidy up in here... do we even own a vaccum?
    Garner: Um... not... not sure honey... stupid game!!
    panel 2: as before, with more frollicing dust bunnies
    Grace: God, how terrible is it that we don't even know if we own a vaccum!
    Garner: Pretty terrible? GAH! stupid game!!!
    Grace: Will you pause that thing and pay attention to me?
    panel 3: garner and grace walking out of the room, dust bunnies starting to move towards the computer
    Grace: Listen, I'll check the hall closet, you check down stairs. We must own a vaccum, I'm sure one of my relatives has given us one...
    Garner: Yes, they do like to drop hints, don't they?
    Grace: No one must find out how we live.
    Garner: Agreed.
    panel 4: dust bunnies alone with the computer. one of them now sitting in the chair, playing.
    Bunny: (makes angry face at the computer) "!!!"
    other bunny: (makes shocked face at the computer) "!?"
    other bunny: (makes cute smiley face towards the camera) ":)"
  57. Garner Great God and Founding Father

title: Ba and Doors' Excellent Adventure!
    panel 1: (ba and doors, standing outside a not-quite-tardis looking thing. ba hits doors very hard with a large frying pan.)
    Doors: ACH! Ow!
    panel 2: Doors is knocked out and flat on the ground.
    Ba: Excellent.
    panel 3: As above, but no ba, and no tardis. vultures are circling over doors
  58. Garner Great God and Founding Father

title: Swedish meterology.
    panel 1: (captioned: Spring) a snowy, wintery blizzard type scene. Mynona stands about, unconcerned.
    panel 2: (captioned: Summer) a snowy, wintery blizzard type scene. Mynona is making a snowman.
    Panel 3: (captioned: Fall) a snowy, wintery blizard type scene. Mynona has made several snow angels and is working on another one. There is a moose watching her.
    panel 4: (captioned: Winter) only a few snowflakes are falling. Mynona looks up, curiously.
    panel 5: no snow flakes fall, mynona looks a bit worried.
    panel 6: a bit of a thaw, patches of grass are visible, and the moose is back, now with sunglasses and a beach hat on. mynona looks positively frightened.
    Mynona: This isn't right! This isn't right at all!
    Panel 7: as above, the moose and santa clause are sunbathing together, mynona runs away in terror.
    panel 8:
    text: And the Moral is: Don't let global warming happen to you!
  59. Garner Great God and Founding Father

title: What Rinso did on his holidays!
    panel 1: rinso, passed out a filfthy floor, surrounded by empty bottles and cans.
    panel 2: as above, but rinso has wet himself.
    panel 3:
    text: Fin.
  60. Garner Great God and Founding Father

title: What Kenny Did on his Holidays!
    panel 1: a calm blue ocean.
    panel 2: a calm blue ocean.
    panel 3: a large dolphin, swimming underwater.
    panel 4: close up on the dolphin, showing kenny sitting inside it.
    Kenny: I have become a submarine!