tripod idea

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Pannel 1:
    Bob: So... What's a Doormencon like?
    Garner: Well... usually we meet up at a train station, wait around on Rinso to show up a half hour late, go to a coffee shop and chill out until I can't sit still any longer, and then wander around looking for another coffee shop.
    Pannel 2:
    Bob: Wait, why not just stay in the first one?
    Garner: Because I can't stay put for long. ADHD issues.
    Bob: Oh.
    Garner: Anyway, at some point we'll probably grab lunch somewhere, and then wander around aimlessly in search of a coffee shop with room for all of us.
    Pannel three:
    Bob: Then what?
    Garner: We chill out, hang out, whatever.
    Bob: Sounds... sounds just like a chatroom.
    Garner: No, not at all. The drinks are more expensive, and you have to wear pants.
  2. QuothTheRaven New Member

3. Tephlon Active Member

I might have time tuesday... :)
  4. Garner Great God and Founding Father

these are from the mailing list:

First pannel: Big stage with banner over the top reading "First Anual Mrs. Boardania Beauty Contest!", grace, avgi, ella, myn, and 'rincewina' on stage in leotards and sashes.. "Bob" is hosting.
    Bob: Welcome, everyone, to the First Annual Mrs Boardania Beauty Contest! Plaid has asked not to enter the contest that she might instead pray for our immortal souls.
    Pannel two: Montage shot of various competitions, ranging from swimsuit to tallent. Caption reads "Many demeaning but morale boosting events later..."
    Pannel three: Back to the stage, the girls, and rincewina, all lined up in their leotards.
    Bob: And the winner of the First Annual Mrs Boardania Beauty Contest is.... RINCEWINA!!
    Rinso: This is the happiest day of my life!
    Pannel four: off stage, a group of seats, all but one empty, a banner over the seats reads 'Judges' Section'. Kenny is the only one there, Doors and garner entre from off pannel.
    Garner: Sorry we're late, everybody, but there was an old woman we had to help push in front of traffic. Wait, what the-
    Kenny: I have become a Pageant Judge!
    Doors: (horrified by whats on stage) Great Scot, NO!!
  5. Garner Great God and Founding Father

title: A special holiday edition Tripod to satisfy court ordered ethnic diversity requirements

Pannel 1: roman, sitting on the floor near the edge of the pannel, facing the edge and singing
    Roman: Dradle dradle dradle, I made you out of clay!
    Plaid: (worried) Um... gee...
    Maljonic: Now now, we must be tollerant of those who are different from us, and accepting of the inherent value in other cultures.
    Plaid: That's not why I'm worried...

Pannel 2: panning over slightly, we see that the dradle roman is spinning is made from garner's head, with a knife handle stuck in to spin it with.
    Roman: Dradle dradle dradle, I made you out of Clay!
    Maljonic: Oh... well, I suppose it's better than sacrificing Christian babies or spreading the plauge around.
    Plaid: I don't think this is right...

Pannel 3: Ba walks up behind Plaid and Mal
    Roman: Dradle dradle dradle!!!!
    Ba: Ba has everything under control.
    Plaid: You're going to stop Roman?
    Ba: Stop Roman? Ba was going to give Roman a medal!
    Garner's severed head: I'm gettin pretty dizzy...
  6. Garner Great God and Founding Father

i realize my spelling is terrible in these but there's a very good reason for that...
  7. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Tripod idea, with special baner in big rounded letters and bright or pastel colors, the sort of thing you'd find in a playgroup or nursery, reading: Tripod, Jr!

Pannel 1: cute young version of doors zooms across the pannel, chased by a cute young version of garner, wielding a pair of scissors.

Doors: Ach!! Help!!
    Garner: Hehehe!
    Grace: Hey, no running with scissors! No running with scissors!
    Pannel 2: cute young version of ba in the kitchen, trying to reach the oven knobs while a baby sits in a sauce pan near by.

Plaid: Um... what're you doing?
    Ba: Ba is cooking, all on his own!
    Plaid: Um, you're not supposed to cook without a grown up around! Hey, what're you doing with ChrisJordan?
    Ba: Ba already told you, he's cooking!
    Plaid: Gee!
    Pannel 3: cute young versions of rinso, kenny, and ben sitting around a table with spill-proof plastic mugs and cups. garner continuing to chase doors in the background.

Kenny: I love juice, me.
    Ben: We all do, Kenny.
    Rinso: (drinks silently)
    Pannel 4: grown up garner, giving a presentation to grown up doors, avgi, myn, and grace.
    Garner: ...and as you can see, the increased cuteness factor drives the marketability of our core product up by a least 60%

Doors: Hmm...
    Avgi, Myn, and Grace (together): Awwwwwwww! It's so CUTE!
    Doors: I'm not so sure...
    Garner: I've still got those old scissors, you know.
    Doors: SOLD!
  8. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Tripod idea. title bar should be a big light display with spot lights on the sides.

Pannel 1: Ben and Carrot of Doom in tuxedos, standing out in front of a posh entrance to a posh building. crowd gathered behind, flanking the entrance
    Ben: Welcome ladies and gentlemen to the second ever "Boardies" awards!
    Carrot of Doom: Not that any of you ever saw the first one, because doors never drew it...
    Ben: Tonight we'll be honoring Boardania's finest with that most prestigious of awards... the 'Boardie!'
    Carrot of Doom: (aside) Honestly, must EVERYTHING around here be named 'Boardie'?
    Pannel 2: Inside a posh hall, Maljonic up at the podium on the stage
    Mal: ...and in the catagory for "Moderator who reads the fewest threads", the winner is.... Garner!
    Pannel 3: Audience shot, Garner sitting in his chair with a half dozen 'boardie' awards in his lap.
    Garner: Meh, just bring it down when you're ready. I'm too lazy to go up there myself, you know.
    Pannel 4: back to mal
    Mal: Right... Okay, and in the catagory for "Moderator who showed back up after the longest absense and was presumed dead, possibly killed by Garner", the winner is... Mrs. Garner!
    Pannel 5: grace rushes up on stage to collect her award, face covered in tears
    Grace: Oh! Thank you all so much *sob* this means so much to me *sob* I can't possibly thank you enough *sob*
    Pannel 6: audience shot
    Doors: Wow, she's really been practicing her Gwennith Paltrow impression.
    Garner: What Gwennith Paltrow impression?
    Pannel 7: mal again
    Mal: ...and, lastly, here to present the award for "Most successful at Hating Doors", ladies and gentlemen please give a big hand to... DOORS!
    Doors: Ach... right, the award goes to... um... this cannae be right... Ella?!
    Audience (from off pannel): GASP!!
    Pannel 8: Ella getting the award from Doors
    Ella: You forgot our anniversary again.
    Pannel 9: Ben and Carrot of Doom in tuxedos, standing out in front again
    Carrot of Doom: That about wraps it up for the second ever Boardies award show!
    Ben: Thank god for that.
    Carrot of Doom: Here here.
    Pannel 10: Garner being wheeled out of the entrance in a wheel chair pushed by Kenny, lots of awards in his lap.
    Grace: Honey, wouldn't it be quicker just to walk to the limo?
    Garner: Too lazy, honey. Too lazy.
  9. Maljonic Administrator

Cool, a ten panel epic. :)
  10. Garner Great God and Founding Father

i'm pretty sure i did a 20 panneler once... might have been for the Garner and Ba Show. unfortunately, i'd stopped saving copies of those ages ago....
  11. Ba Lord of the Pies

Ba wishes to point out that he was the one who came up with the idea for Tripod Jr.

Of course, his idea involved getting Doors smote by Zeus.
  12. Garner Great God and Founding Father

i vaugely recall that...

to be fair, man, i was thinking of Muppet Babies at the time.
  13. Ba Lord of the Pies

And Garner was surely thinking of muppet babies because Ba had suggested young versions of the Tripod.
  14. Garner Great God and Founding Father

mm... no. No, you can go to hell and die though.
  15. Ba Lord of the Pies

Hmmph. Garner's just jealous because Ba thought of it first.

Bow to the genius that is Ba!
  16. Garner Great God and Founding Father

ba got the idea from muppet babies. admit it. ba's genius is limited to mimicing a baby frog that, for some unknown reason, is NOT a tadpole.
  17. Ba Lord of the Pies

Ba would never stoop to steal from Muppet Babies! He is proud, and noble.

He stole it from Li'l Archie. Obviously.
  18. Garner Great God and Founding Father

you thief.
  19. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Pannel one: Garner at his computer, typing.
    Computer: Okay, I have to go now and help get this place tidied up for your arrival.

Pannel two: Avgi, at her computer, typing.
    Computer: Oh just shove everything off the couch and I'll be fine.

Pannel three: the Garner's living room. A bulldozer to one side with garner standing by it, couch in the middle, grace to the other side.
    Garner: Well I'll be dam-ned, we *did* have a couch under that mess! How'd she know?
    Grace: No one must ever find out how we live.
    Garner: Agreed.
  20. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Matchmaker

pannel 1: Grace, Garner, and Avgi standing to one side, rinso, kenny, ba, bob, and others in a holding pen on the other.
    Garner: Well, we've gone through every single male boardanian of adult age-
    Grace: Including Ba, twice-
    Avgi: And Rinso three times, for some reason-
    Garner: And we still haven't found a decent bloke for you, doc.

Pannel 2: just grace, garner, and avgi
    Avgi: Don't worry about it, I'm almost ready to give up on men completely at this point.
    Garner (looking thoughtfully at grace): Hmmm...
    Grace: No.
    Garner: Awwwww.
  21. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Parade

pannel 1: Garner, Ba, and Doors, standing in front of some impressive gate or doors.
    Garner: And I was thinking we could maybe put in a little 4 inch molding along the arch, to provide a counter point to the proposed columns...
    Ba: Hmm...
    Doors: Aye, makes sense...
    Pannel 2: above seen, pushed into the background slightly. Om appears on screen, tossing a batton.
    Om: Iiiiiii wanna rock and roll all night! And party everyyyy day!
    Garner, Ba, and Doors: (looking shocked)
    Pannel 3: om, on the other side of the pannel, followed by ella, hermes, plaid, eu, kenny, and dale.
    Om, et all: Weeeeeeeee wanna rock and roll all night! And party everyyyyy day!
    Garner, Ba, and Doors: (looking shocked and confused)
    Pannel 4: as original pannel, with the tripod trio looking a little worse for wear.
    Garner: That... We...
    Ba: Ba will never speak of it again if Garner will never speak of it again.
    Garner: Sounds... Sounds good to me, man. Doors?
    Ba: Ba will remove Doors' tonuge to ensure his cooperation.
    Garner: Sounds good to-
    Doors: HEY!
  22. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Introducing the Doormenmobile!

Pannel 1:
    Garner: Can you believe that Doors okay'd the doormen to get their own car?
    Mynona: No longer will our sidewalks be safe for pedestrians.
    Garner: Side walks? Hell, I'm worried about high altitude flight paths as well!
    Pannel 2: over-caption: "Everyone wonders what the new car will be!"
    Garner: (thoughtbubble of circus clown car)
    Mynona: (thoughtbubble of circus clown car with rocket engines)
    Om: (harley motorcycle with multiple side cars)
    Dale: (pink cadilac)
    Pannel 3: elsewhere... the doormen surround a very posh bently
    Nester: Doors is gonna be mad when he finds out how much this cost.
    Kenny: It's okay, I put it on his credit card! That's like free money!
    Rinso: (face in hand gesture)
    Eu: (in back of the car): I cannot help feeling this vehicle is lacking only in rocket engines... or ballooning equipment.
  23. Hsing Moderator

[quote:04853bc3af="Garner"]Matchmaker

pannel 1: Grace, Garner, and Avgi standing to one side, rinso, kenny, ba, bob, and others in a holding pen on the other.

Avgi: Don't worry about it, I'm almost ready to give up on men completely at this point.
    Garner: Awwwww.[/quote:04853bc3af]

Isn't the last panel missing here?
  24. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:87565fc254="Hsing"][quote:87565fc254="Garner"]Matchmaker

Garner: Awwwww.[/quote:87565fc254]

Isn't the last panel missing here?[/quote:87565fc254]

Nope :D
  25. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

As posted, the Matchmaker tripod is only barely amusing. However, when seen in full, it's one of my favourites ever:

[quote:4486f5e9ed]Matchmaker

Garner: Awwwww.

Pannel 3: close up of the top of garner's head, with a thought balloon growing out. in the thought balloon are Avgi, Garner, and Grace in super hero costumes.
    Garner: (thought ballon) "The Doctor! The Preacher! The Flamethrower! Together they are... THE JUSTICE FORCE!"
    [/quote:4486f5e9ed]
  26. Hsing Moderator

See, I was correct!

:p

That aside, as I already said - we're getting to read some of the best undrawn Tripods ever! The author is clearly on a creative overdrive.

I wish I had the time and inner calm to draw some of them.
  27. Garner Great God and Founding Father

how... odd... i could have sworn i copied the whole thing. thanks mrs g!
  28. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:6b8af06978="Hsing"]See, I was correct!

:p

That aside, as I already said - we're getting to read some of the best undrawn Tripods ever! The author is clearly on a creative overdrive.

I wish I had the time and inner calm to draw some of them.[/quote:6b8af06978]
    Actually, I prefered the 2 panel version...
  29. Garner Great God and Founding Father

quiet, frenchie.
  30. Hsing Moderator

Nah, too obvious. Lacks the twist that makes us dirty minded readers see how, well, easily jump to the wrong conclusions.
    Its far, far cuter that was, and nicer too look at in case it should ever be drawn.

Tell you what, on 30th, the worst stress this semester will be over, and I will at least have a weekend or so - well, the evenings, actually.
    And then I'll draw one.
    But I have to ask EMan and Tephlon first, I don't want to interfer in case they're working on one (I've heard rumours.).
  31. Katcal I Aten't French !

[quote:fef93e8dca="Hsing"]Nah, too obvious. Lacks the twist that makes us dirty minded readers see how, well, easily jump to the wrong conclusions.
    Its far, far cuter that was, and nicer too look at in case it should ever be drawn.[/quote:fef93e8dca]
    Nah, I'll stick with dirty minded, I'm better at that than cute. I can't do cute.
  32. QuothTheRaven New Member

[quote:2ffe802ae0="Hsing"]Nah, too obvious. Lacks the twist that makes us dirty minded readers see how, well, easily jump to the wrong conclusions.
    Its far, far cuter that was, and nicer too look at in case it should ever be drawn.[/quote:2ffe802ae0]
    Agreed.
  33. Garner Great God and Founding Father

THE JUSTICE FORCE!

pannel 1: ella and doors in super villian costumes. garner, avgi, and grace in super hero costumes.
    Doors: Maw ahaha! At last my Henchmen will bring me the final component of my super weapon, and there's nothing you can do to stop it, Justice Force!
    Grace: Is that so, evil dooer?
    Doors: Ach, well, I hope so!
    Pannel 2: garner brings forward the doormen, all in identical henchmen costumes, all looking quite scorched
    Garner: You didn't recon on the combined power of.... THE JUSTICE FORCE!
    Avgi: I strongly suggest you get your Henchmen to a burn ward as soon as possible. I applied disinfectant and aloe gel to the worst places, but they'll need several costly skin grafts and should be excused from any dangerous or illegal activity for at least six weeks.
    pannel 3:
    Grace: And now, for YOU! (brandishing book) Let me explain to you why your megalomaniacal rampage of crime is philosophically unsound and inherently doomed to collapse from within by any reasonable social construct that includes a modicum of ethics.
    Doors: No! NO! I surrender!
    Garner: Another triumph for... THE JUSTICE FORCE!
    Pannel 4: (much later, night time, dark sky. ella, on her own)
    Ella: Boss! Look out! The Justice Force!
  34. Delphine New Member

You don't [i:24378ef5b9]have[/i:24378ef5b9] to wear pants.
  35. Electric_Man Templar

He has to at least wear trousers.
  36. spiky Bar Wench

I insist on underpants, I don't care if they're on the inside or outside as long as they're there the world will be a safer place...

And how do you propose to fit Grace's philosophical disputation into one small speach balloon?
  37. Garner Great God and Founding Father

bigger pannel?
  38. spiky Bar Wench

Need to be a bloody big panel then. Each panel can be as big as the computer screen, and you might need to show multiple scenes to get the full diatribe in... It could work though.
  39. Garner Great God and Founding Father

pannel 1: om, avgi, dale, and doors, standing in puddles of sweat
    all: It's too hot!
    pannel 2: kenny, rinso, grace, and mynona, standing in puddles of sweat. kenny and rinso's puddles look a bit yellowish. mynona's actually half melted into hers.
    all: It's too hot!
    Grace: Something must be done!
    pannel 3: grace, maljonic, ben, and hex (first time appearance?), beseaching garner. all standing in puddles of sweat.
    grace: Oh Great God, please relieve us from this unbearable heat!
    Garner: It's too hot!
    others: We know!!
    Garner: right, i'm on it.
    Pannel 4: Garner and ba, garner in a puddle of sweat, ba with huge amounts of fire and flame on his head.
    Garner: Ba, it's time to get a hair cut.
    Ba: Bah!
  40. Garner Great God and Founding Father

pannel 1: mynona, seen from behind, consulting with dr avgi.
    myn: Doctor, my eye feels funny and I can't see well!
    Avgi: well, let me have a look at it.
    pannel 2: avgi, studying an x-ray, looking horror struck.
    myn: Give it to me straight, Doc, is it cancer? It's eye cancer, isn't it?
    avgi: No... no it's not cancer..
    myn: Then what is it?
    pannel 3: mynona faces the camera, and we see she's got 'ba' like eyes.
    avgi: It's "Ba Eyetis"!
    myn: Noooooooooooooooo!
  41. Garner Great God and Founding Father

pannel 1: Eu, in a hot air balloon, drifting through the clouds.
    Eu: Aloft, adrift upon the winds of fate and chance, I soar o'er all creation. Olympian views of infinite distances are mine and mine alone, shared by no other save the eagles.
    pannel 2: same, with birds in the distance
    Eu: Higher, my flying machine, take me higher! Let me gaze upon the sphere of my birth and take in all it's glory in one all encompassing sight! What was once a flat ground, a world of four corners was then a sphere arcing into distance, and will soon be but a disc, flattened again by perspective and distance! Oh glory, oh rapture!
    pannel 3: from above eu, we see the balloon as a tiny (but recognizable spec) floating above what appears to be a large, golden flakey crusted pie.
    Eu: I have come home, come home at last, but to enter my Father's house and gaze upon the glory of his works, I have had to abandon the rooms and shelters I once knew. Oh such knowledge, oh such rapture, but at what price!!! I must return, I must plunge myself and surround myself in this epiphany!
    Pannel 4: eu, leaping from the balloon, sailing through the air as he dives towards the pie from whence he came
    Eu: Have mercy upon my soul, oh god of pie!
    Pannel 5: Doors and garner, playing cards, a big red warning light is flashing behind doors.
    Garner: Ut oh, that's the blasphemy alarm again... looks like one of yours this time.
    Doors: Ach, thank god, maybe you'll get stuck with one of them now.

i strongly suspect this one would need to be split into a huge number of pannels to keep the word bubbles managable.
  42. Garner Great God and Founding Father

pannel 1: kenny, in a jogging suit, dashes around rinso, who's standing still.
    pannel 2: kenny, tired from jogging, sicks up off the edge of the pannel.
    Kenny: *barf!*
    pannel 3:
    kenny: I have become a running gag!
    rinso: (face in hand gesture)

this one was ben's favorite.
  43. Garner Great God and Founding Father

pannel 1: Ba, with long flaming hair, strolling along eating a pie. Garner following closely, with grace, myn, and plaid fanning garner with palm leaves.
    Garner: Seriously, come on Ba, get a hair cut, it's too hot!
    Ba: If Garner cannot stand the heat, Garner should remove himself from the kitchen.
    Garner: That's another thing, stop baking so many damny pies! The oven's only making things worse!
    pannel 2: as above, only we see plaid's collapsed from the heat
    Garner: Dammit! That's another one of mine who's gotten heat stroke! Ba this madness HAS to stop! Get a hair cut!!
    Ba: Shan't.
    pannel 3: Garner, Doors, Grace, Ella, Mynona, and Hex, in a secret bunker with lots of fans blowing
    Garner: Right, we've tried diplomacy but it didn't work. This calls for something more drastic.
    Ella: Oh my god, you guys, it's really warm!
    Garner: ... Does... does she HAVE to be here?
    Doors: (angry) Yes!
  44. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Title bar: Yet another court ordered 'Diversity Enhancement' Tripod!
    pannel 1: bob and a 70's blacksploitation pimp are having a cup of coffee.
    Bob: Yeah, I've been here for years. You'll really like it once you get to know everyone.
    Pimp: Groovy, baby.
    pannel 2: pictured 'off stage', roman in the wings looking horror struck at what's on stage
    Roman: What!? But I'm the token ethnic minority around here!
    pannel 3: back to bob and the pimp
    Bob: So, let me show you around the place.
    roman (from off pannel): Hieeeee-yah!
    pannel 4: several 'throwing stars-of-david' streak in from off pannel to impale the pimp
    Bob: Funky P! Nooooo! Stay with me, stay with me! You're going to pull through!
    pimp: Tell... *cough* tell my bi'ches I loved them...
    pannel 5: garner and ba, back stage. Roman's visable in the background in a jewish ninja costume
    Garner: ...so now we're being sued by four different anti-defamation leagues, two civil rights groups, and the pimping union.
    Ba: Pimping union?
    Garner: I'm as surprised as you are.
  45. Garner Great God and Founding Father

title bar: Reference to a Flame War no one will Remember

pannel 1: banner reads 'Tripod Art Competition'
    Garner: (standing beside what's obviously a stolen painting) I call this one "[insert name of famous painting here]".
    Marcia, Plaid, and Hex (as judges): Hmm...
    Pannel 2:
    Doors: (Standing beside an empty blank space on the wall) Uh... I'm nearly finished, can you come back to me in a bit?
    Judges: Tsk, pitiful.
    pannel 3:
    Katkal: (standing next to a picture of her avatar, jumping up and down excitedly)
    Judges: Hmm...
    pannel 4:
    Roman: (standing next to a picture of a star of david, or the israeli flag)
    Judges: It's a bit.... political...
    pannel 5:
    Ba: (standing next to a pile of dead babies.)
    Judges: Very Ba-esque.
    pannel 6: as above, with Gooner rushing in from off pannel
    Gooner: How dare you criticize the basques, they're not french at all and are a distinct ethnic culture!
    Ba: No one said anything about the basques, or the french.
    Gooner: Shut the helly up!
    pannel 7: katkal next to her avatar
    Katkal: (jumping up and down excitedly) I'm not french!!
  46. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Title bar: At home with the Garners...
    pannel 1: garner and grace sitting at a dining table, eating.
    pannel 2: same, different poses, glasses now half empty, etc.
    pannel 3: garner and grace leaving the table, empty dishes remaining.
    pannel 4: garner and grace, relaxing on the couch in another room.
    pannel 5: same, but Om sticks her head in from off pannel, or a
    conveniently located doorway
    Om: Iiiiiiiiii wanna rock and roll all niiiiiiiiight!
    garner and grace: (looking horrified)
    pannel 6: grace and garner, visibly shaken
    garner: You said you'd be happy to have her stay
    grace: But you're the one who actually invited her
    Garner: You used to work in a funeral home... Could you maybe... call in
    some favors?
    Grace: No!!
    pannel 7: grace and garner, less shaken.
    grace and garner: (via separate, but identical, thought bubbles of
    themselves parading with Om) "Iiiiiiii wanna rock and roll all niiiiight!"
    grace and garner: (via mutual speach bubble) *Sigh*

this was version 2 of 'at home with the garners', the first one didn't work at all. this one only slightly works.
  47. Garner Great God and Founding Father

at home with the garners, v3.0

pannel 1:
    Grace: I can't wait until the october con!
    Garner: Me either.
    Grace: I wonder how many people we can have stay with us... how many do you think would fit?
    pannel 2: garner's head, in close up. thought balloon shows om, myn, avgi, and ella in chains in the kitchen.
    pannel 3: grace's head, in close up. thought balloon shows om, myn, avgi, ben, damien, kenny, doors, ella, etc etc piled up like firewood, struggling to get their own blankets and pillows.
    pannel 4:
    Grace and Garner together: Let's invite everybody!

this one worked. i think. it made grace laugh, anyway.
  48. Garner Great God and Founding Father

pannel 1: (in the star wars logo font) FLAME WARS
    pannel 2: (in the style of star wars scrolling text) The evil DARTH WIDTA has captured PRINCESS ELLA and holds her prisoner on his DEATH PIE
    pannel 3: darth ba threatens princess ella
    Ba: Princess Ella will tell Darth Ba where the rebel base is!
    Ella: They're... they're at... terry pratchett books dot... dot...
    pannel 4: darth ba doing a fist shaking gesture
    Ba: Dot what?
    Ella: dot org! they're at dot org!
    pannel 5: the death pie, on a backdrop of stars.
    caption: To be continued...
  49. Garner Great God and Founding Father

pannel one: FLAME WARS
    pannel 2: rinso and kenny, in the desert.
    Rinso: (farts)
    Kenny: What do you mean you know the secret recipie for the Death Pie?
    Rinso: (farts again)
    pannel 3:
    Doors: Ach, you two 'Droidmen', its time for your oil baths.
    pannel 4: garner, as a desert hermet, using a flame saber to open a stuck jar.
    Garner: Stupid lid...
    Caption: To be continued...
  50. Garner Great God and Founding Father

pannel 2: the droidmen and garner to one side, doors to the other.
    Doors: Ach, so these droidmen know the key to destroying the empire's super weapon?
    Garner: Looks that way.
    Doors: And the beautiful princess is on that super weapon?
    Garner: Uh, yeah, I think so.
    Pannel 3: doors, close up, looking conflicted/constipated
    Doors: Then how can we ever destroy that super weapon without killing the beautiful princess?!
    Garner: (in the background) Well... I dunno... maybe we could storm the super weapon, rescue the princess, then put her in a skimpy outfit and make her dance for a giant slug?
    pannel 4: doors and garner, neither in close up
    Doors: WHAT?!
    Garner: I'm a very lonely desert hermit...
  51. Garner Great God and Founding Father

pannel 2: doors, garner, and the droidmen walking in town
    Doors: But how am I supposed to learn how to use my close relation's Flame saber and become a Nazi Knight if you don't train me?
    Garner: (unconcerned) Meh.
    pannel 3: katkal pops up, with a giant bunny beside her.
    Katkal: Hi! I'm a pilot! OOOOH! You've got droids... smelly smelly droidmen!
    Doors: (blasts katkal with the flame saber)
    Garner: If you've got the instinct, it just kind of comes naturally.
    Doors: I see.
    Pannel 4: garner, doors, and droids walk into a pub. they meet grace, mynona, plaid, and om (as desert hermit, young nazi in training, and droids respectively). all appear shocked.
    caption: To Be Continued...
  52. Garner Great God and Founding Father

pannel 2: the two groups of potential heros face off
    Garner: Well, this was unexpected.
    Kenny: I kind of saw it coming.
    Doors: (aims flame saber at kenny)
    Pannel 3:
    Om: So when are we going to get to the bit with the skimpy costume and the slug dancing?
    Garner: That's what I want to know.
    All others: (look worried)
    Doors: Um... Shouldn't we be finding a pilot?
    Plaid and rinso: (face in hand gesture)
    Mynona: Yeah...
    Pannel 4:
    Garner: Um, you know, I can help you find one.
    Doors: Ach, what about me?
    Garner: You should of gotten some sexier droids.
    Grace: (shocked) "Should of"?!
    Pannel 5: grace blasts garner with lightning.
  53. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Pannel one: FLAME WARS
    pannel 2: Garner, looking singed, teaches doors how to use a flame saber.
    Garner: And then, make fun of their personal hygine.
    Doors: Ach, aye.
    Kenny: (walking in) There's a bit of a problem... we appear to be caught in a tractor beam.
    pannel 3: garner staring down kenny
    Garner: When you say appear...
    Kenny: I mean we are.
    Garner: And where did this tractor beam come from?
    Kenny: Um... well... our ship.
    Garner: OUR SHIP!?
    pannel 4: kenny, fearful now
    kenny: Well, see, I was feeling a bit peckish, and I saw a big pie floating out in space and I thought-
    Garner: A big pie!?
    Doors: In space?!
    Garner and doors: The Death Pie!!
    pannel 5: Darth Witda uses his flame saber to roast a puppy.
  54. Garner Great God and Founding Father

pannel 2: doors, bursting in to ella's prison cell
    Doors: Ach, I've come to rescue you
    Ella: Aren't you a little tall?
    Doors: For what?
    Ella: Just, you know, in general?
    Pannel 3: doors, garner, and ella, stuck in a garbage pit
    Garner: You know, if I wanted to spend my vacation waste deep in refuse, I'd have stayed at home.
    Doors: Ach, shut up and help us out of here.
    Garner: No, YOU shut up and help us out of here.
    pannel 4: Doors, garner, ella, and the droidmen confront Darth Witda
    Garner: You know, there's too many people here. I'm leaving. (stabs doors with his flame saber)
    Doors: ARGH!
    Ella: Oh no!
    pannel 5: as above, but without garner. only a small pile of robes on the floor where he'd been.
    Darth Witda: That was most unexpected.
    Kenny: I kind of saw it coming.
    Doors and ba: (aim flame sabers at kenny)
  55. Garner Great God and Founding Father

pannel 2: the death pie on a backdrop of stars. a small, croisant-like ship is fleeing the death pie with several small fruit tarts in persuit.
    pannel 3: Rinso, ella, and doors in the ship.
    rinso: (farts)
    Ella: What's he saying?
    Doors: Ach, he says there's imperial pie fighters in persuit!
    pannel 4: croisant ship and fruit tart ships trade laser fire.
    pannel 5: rinso, ella, and doors in the ship. risno is upside down and leaning against a wall. doors and ella are similarly dishelved.
    Doors: Ach, that was amazing.
    Ella: Thanks.
  56. Garner Great God and Founding Father

pannel 2: ella and doors in the ship, with rinso
    ella: We have to destroy the Death Pie!
    Doors: Ach, but I haven't finished my training. My status as a Nazi Knight is shoogly!
    Doors: Ach, it's a perfectly valid word!
    pannel 3:
    Ella: Wait, maybe that droidman knows how to blow up the death pie!
    Ella: What'd he say?
    Doors: Ach, he didn't say anything, that was just a fart.
    Pannel 4: Ba, on board the Death Pie.
    Darth Witda: Prepare my personal Pie fighter.
    pie trooper: Yes, Lord Witda!
    caption: to be continued.
  57. Garner Great God and Founding Father

pannel 2: a large fruit tart is chasing the crossiant, firing at it.
    pannel 3: ship interrior
    Ella: Oh god, we're going to die!
    Doors: If only there were some way I could defeat this unbeatable foe!
    Garner: (slightly translucent) Use the flame...
    pannel 4:
    Doors: Ach, attention enemy pie fighter... you've got a really dumb mustache and you hide behind that big angry mask to keep people from getting to know the real you.
    Pannel 5: darth witda, in his pie fighter
    Ba: So lonely....
    Pannel 6: the death pie blows up.
    pannel 7: Ella, rinso, and Doors in the ship
    Ella: You did it!
    Doors: Ach, I did it!
    pannel 8: (big pannel, featuring garner and a giant slug that bears a curious resemblance to garner, watching om, myn, grace, and plaid dancing in skimpy costumes)
    Garner: Now *this* is more like it!
    Caption: The End.
  58. Angua_rox New Member

Woah Garner, you seem to have been struck with divine inspiration, thats a lot of ideas!

They are all good, too.

#is impressed#
  59. Katcal I Aten't French !

60. Garner Great God and Founding Father

[quote:051041ef57="Angua_rox"]Woah Garner, you seem to have been struck with divine inspiration, thats a lot of ideas!

They are all good, too.

#is impressed#[/quote:051041ef57]

boss was in a meeting all day.