Top 100 Books You Can't Live Without

Discussion in 'NON PRATCHETT BOOK DISCUSSIONS' started by Marcia, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Marcia Executive Onion

2. Electric_Man Templar

They must really like The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe for it to appear twice...
  3. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Goodness knows. Maybe some Eng Lit graduate came up with it? Or they took a quick straw poll round the office?
  4. jaccairn New Member

I think they did a survey of guardian readers. Maybe it should read 'Top 100 books Guardian readers can't live without'.
  5. Hsing Moderator

It must have been done in a hurry, too. If you decide to put up such a list, which is questionable enough as it is, you shouldn't make it easier on you by simply listing whole works of an author. Decide upon the hundred, or admit that such a thing doesn't work at all.
  6. Roman_K New Member

Lord preserve us...

Seems they really like Shakespeare too. Not that I object to Shakespeare, far from it, but surely Hamlet is contained in the Complete Works of Shakespeare.

Now this truly explains everything.
  7. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

8. Sunna New Member

I'm very thrilled about the top two,could have been a quote from myself
  9. Arrowcat New Member

Seems like this person really likes the classics.
    At first I thought it was from the all time best sellers list until I saw that the bible was at #6. Last I heard the bible was the most read book in the entire history of man with the Koran coming up close. The person who wrote this is most definitely and English literature expert probably probably in his/her middle ages.
  10. DEATHOFRATS New Member

That's practically his whole works...
  11. cameronP New Member

i can understand the Jane Austen books in there (havnt read them but understand) but a bit of a shock seeingFrank Herberts Dune