The book of Job

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Sounds like your instincts are correct to me, Kat. You don't have to settle for crap.
  2. Katcal I Aten't French !

3. Hsing Moderator

Now you scared me a little bit. Phew. I was glad when I read paragraph three.
    And you are qualified, you will find the right job equivalent of a long lasting relationship - maybe after a few more affairs? :)
  4. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Interesting observation, Kat. We go through grief reactions to all kinds of life events - changing jobs is one of them. You need time to work through how you feel, but remember not to shy away from a good opportunity just because you are still feeling wary!
  5. Katcal I Aten't French !

Heh, thanks guys (girls) sorry I scared you Hsing :wink:
  6. Katcal I Aten't French !

So I've been through all the terrible bit of deciding which job to pick, I'm not wholly convinced that I've chosen the best one, but it's certainly the most convenient for now, as I'll be working from home, and that leaves me free to do some extra stuff. And on the subject of extra stuff, I am finally going to be doing the translation job for Asmodée, the people who are making Hell Dorado (a table-top game with some awesome figures and stuff, this game rocks...) and I am soooooo pleased about that !
  7. Katcal I Aten't French !

So... over a month in, I am pretty sure I picked the wrong job. Or at least the actual job is ok, working from home is nice, the pay isn't too bad, the stuff I have to do is the same at usual, but the boss is probably the worst boss ever. It hink the phrase "male chauvinist pig" was invented for him, and I'm glad I don't have to see his greasy toupee-wearing head all day, it's bad enough having him on the phone going on about his boring life all the time. I have already sent him an email and asked him to stop giving me sexist and degrading nicknames, and talking to me like a piece of dog poo, and he has kind of stopped that (I mean, after all, I'm a woman, so I'm all sensitive and care about stupid things like that) but there is one thing that still really bugs me.
    He lies about his age, he's 52 and pretends to be 32, it's really ridiculous. And not only is it ridiculous, especially as there is no way he looks 32, but he also goes on and on about how he has "over 20 years experience running a business" and how "20 years ago, he was driving his car around this city in Belgium...". I mean ok, if his giant alpha male ego (and matching 2mm-long prick) really needs to believe that he's 20 years younger, then hey, whatever, but if you're going to lie to people about something like that, then at least make it believable, or it's just a plain insult to everyone's intelligence.
    And if I can't believe him about something so stupid and pointless as that (as if I care how old he really is) then what can I believe ?
  8. Garner Great God and Founding Father

do the paychecks bounce?
  9. Katcal I Aten't French !

Not yet. He does send me my pay sheets (?) in excel format by mail...
  10. mowgli New Member

Eeeek... sorry, Kat! Would it help to come up with a nickname for HIM?
  11. Katcal I Aten't French !

I already have plenty, none of them are terribly polite...
  12. spiky Bar Wench

Here you go Kat... just think of him like this

[IMG]

It should make you smile :razz: cos the older he gets the younger he becomes and soon he will be pooing in nappies, screaming for someone to feed him and only eating mushy food.
  13. Katcal I Aten't French !

spiky... that looks scarily like him, actually... but yes, thank you, it did make me laugh :biggrin: