The Annoyance Thread

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Have a go... got anything that really annoys you lately? Fire away!

To start things off, have you ever gotten an email that satirizes the sort of virus hoax and chain letter gimmicks that make the rounds at work places ('if you don't forward this to everyone in the world in five minutes, your head will explode' sort of satire) from the very same person who usually forwards all the chain letters and non existant virus threats?

That annoys me.
  2. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

My printer sometimes sucks in more than one page at once and fucks up my printing. Like it did twice just now, wasting paper and ink. That really annoys me.
  3. mr_scrub New Member

I get annoyed by really fat people who by happy chance also happen to be jerks and people get angry at me for suposedly bullying them because they're fat when i'm just being reasonable and telling them to go away and stop bothering me. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Edit: misunderstanding
  4. Garner Great God and Founding Father

To be fair, dude, you shouldn't be bullying anybody, even if they're jerks.
  5. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Yeah, judgements based on people's body shape are pretty annoying too.
  6. Hsing Moderator

Wait, just to prevent misunderstandings: Is this a flamewar thread?
    And is Mr Scrubs participating?

Other than that... Neighbours spreading gossip about you because they themselves have no life are annoying.
  7. Garner Great God and Founding Father

nope, not a flame war thread. they'll be designated as such.
  8. mr_scrub New Member

I don't mean bullying sorry. Just like telling them to go away when theyre being annoying. i'll edit
  9. Hsing Moderator

Content normally isn't being edited around here. It's not exactly in the rules as of yet, more informal policy, if I am correct; it's frowned upon in case someone tries to make it look as if he hadn't said "anything like that" in the first place. Especially if other posters already reacted to it.

Other than that, I second Buzzfloyd.
  10. chrisjordan New Member

I was always under the impression that editting was fine as long as you left a note saying what you'd editted.
  11. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Editing content (as in going back on what you said) is generally frowned upon. If you feel you must edit, please do leave a note to say why.
  12. Hsing Moderator

Misunderstanding: With "content" I meant the actual gist of what you were saying, and not just bits, so that it's not comprehensible anymore what you originally said afterwards, and what people are actually referring to in the answers to your post.

Edit to add, for example: That I crossposted with Buzzfloyd.
  13. chrisjordan New Member

Ah. Understood. :smile:

Words like 'editing' that totally look like they need an extra t are an abomination unto Nu-- er, I mean...annoying.

Edit: now it should make sense. Have it your way, irony. :rolleyes:
  14. mr_scrub New Member

Sorry i'll remember next time. Though it was a stupid post without the edit.
  15. Andalusian New Member

People annoy me, as cliched as that is.

Year 11 is annoying, because I thought it would be challenging and interesting, but in reality it is just the same idiots from last year only with easier work.

My parents annoy me, especially when they spend all Sunday morning in their room arguing, then come out with my mother crying and my dad being as inconsiderate as possible.

My inability to make any further attacks on my Legal Studies assignment annoys me.

The lethargic mood that prevents me from creating art right now annoys me.

The cupcakes I made annoy me because they are tasty and I want to eat them, but they are all the way over there.

That is all.
  16. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Heh, i *knew* we'd had a thread like this before, but i couldn't remember what it was. Thanks for that, CJ.

another pet hate of mine, and one that until very recently I'd not encountered much of in england... Cars that burn oil. Man, they're bad enough for the world and everything in it as it is, but once you blow an O ring and start burning oil, that car's gotta go. no excuses. learn to walk, dammit.
  17. Pepster New Member

People annoy me to.

Today someone broke a glass coke bottle at work today, then proceeded to tell me to 'smile'. Repeatedly. That really annoyed me.

Having only two more shifts after todays shift before I leave did allow me to vent however. Right back at him :D
  18. Katcal I Aten't French !

Colds.

**sneezes**
  19. Nester New Member

Roommates who come home drunk and ram their heads through a window when it's -16 degrees outside annoy me. I can't feel my toes...
  20. TamyraMcG Active Member

Nosebleeds, even when there's tissue handy.
  21. Faerie New Member

11 hours at school. Plus the commute is and hour and a half round trip. I want to go home.
  22. Delphine New Member

<takes a deep breath>

Adverts, especially ones that seem to be made for children, but are actually for adults. See: a giant fluffy elephant hiding from a comic moustachio'd hunter guy... to sell car insurance. Or Churchill that fucking talking insurance dog. Or that chirpy little singing knight for Hastings Direct. (this may not mean anything to people outside britain, but be thankful.)

And adverts for toothbrushes and razors that look like science fiction films. As if using a razor with six hundred and twenty four blades will suddenly make you rugged and irresistable to gorgeous ladies swooning to stroke your face.

And that Chanel advert with Nicole Kidman that cost millions to make.

People that think other people fall for this stuff anymore. On the subject of perfume, why would anyone buy a perfume "made" by Jade Goody? She knows fuck all about perfume.

The National Lottery annoys me too. And people that chew gum with their mouth open. I hate that. It's hideously unattractive and mule-like, and the sound does my head in.

And! Boy racers.

And! Celebrity magazines. This person is TOO THIN! This person is FAT! This person is ADOPTING MORE BABIES! These people have BROKEN UP! This person CHEATED! This person was spotted buying tampons in CAMDEN TOWN! This person is WEARING A DRESS THAT WENT OUT OF FASHION TEN MINUTES AGO!

Tabloids too, and tabloid journalists. Filthy hypocritical bastards.

Political correctness too. In my work induction, I was told that a good way to refer to a schizophrenic person (that itself isn't acceptable) is "user of the mental health services".

ITV. :doubt:

Edit: to elaborate on the ITV one, there was recently a program I saw advertised called Million Pound Giveaway. People would go on it to stand in front of a panel of people, one being Jeffry Archer, and explain why they should get a million pounds. Go national degredation and televised begging! I read a review of it, in which the reviewer renamed it "wanking for coins", which amused me. Also, about 90% of their programs have phone in lines. A similar amount are ripped off from the BBC. Just with added phonelines.

the mere existance of such things annoys me. They don't annoy me in an active fashion, cause I try and avoid them. Everyone has their guilty pleasures, i suppose.
  23. chrisjordan New Member

GET OUT! Churchill the talking insurance dog is my idol. :(
  24. Katcal I Aten't French !

I hate that bloody Churchill dog. Even on the radio he's annoying as hell.

Having to turn down the doctor's recommendation to have a few days sick leave because I'm too damn nice to let my future ex-colleagues sweat it for a few days before I leave end of next week... (the whole company is moving offices next monday, so everything is hectic)
  25. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Ella, your rant made my day. :)
  26. chrisjordan New Member

Nah, it's more like 60% are phone-ins and 40% are detective/police/murder dramas.

Edit: too bad it was the BBC that did the detective/police/murder drama gameshow.
  27. Victimov8 New Member

You can't forget the annoying shout-y adverts either...
    BANG! and the patience is gone...
  28. missy New Member

You can't have that ad as annoying.

He is advertising a product called Clit Bang for gods sake!
  29. KaptenKaries New Member

I get annoyed when I'm riding the bus to work and I see all these people on the road that are alone in big, thirsty cars and they all seem indifferent to what they're doing. With a distant look upon their face they keep on following the same behaviour patterns like they've always done, without reflection.

Their vehicles are magical, "if I can only get inside my car, turn on the radio and lock the doors none of the troubles of the world will apply to me". And I get this urge to scream "WAKE UP!" at every traffic sign.

But I don't. I get pissed off and spew black sarcasm all over my colleagues when I arrive at the office instead. I am an evil person. I get annoyed at me, too, you know. :-D
  30. Katcal I Aten't French !

That's CILIT Bang, honey, not Clit Bang, that's quite a different kettle of fish... :D

My one for today is people listening to their mp3 players so loud you can hear them over the noise of the bus/metro a couple of meters away. I mean it's not only irritating for everyone to just get that extra-noise thing that doesn't sound like anything much, it's also bad for their ears, the stupid... stupids !
  31. Marcia Executive Onion

Giant prams. If your baby is that big, he's old enough to walk.

edit: "Million Pound Giveaway" is a remake of a very old American show called Queen for a Day.

It was parodied alot.
  32. KaptenKaries New Member

I like music to be loud. So I listen to loud music in my mp3 player. I haven't really thought about what my co-passengers think. I don't think there's that much leakage from my headphones.

But then again, I ride a motorcycle with pretty loud pipes so I know I'm a bastard when it comes to sound pollution. I like the sound of a combustion engine. Not everyone does. I like the sound of loud music. Not everyone does. If this bothers people they're perfectly welcome to ask me to turn down the music or go ride my bike somewhere else. The majority of people don't so I don't see this as a problem.
  33. Katcal I Aten't French !

Well I personally am terribly shy and I hate asking people to turn their music down or anything that I don't absolutely need them to do, it still pisses me off like hell when I hear half the loud thumpy music... if you want to listen to your music loud, get special headphones that don't leak, or test yours... it's quite easy, just adjust the player as usual and ask someone else to put the earphones on for a minute... if they shriek and run away, or faint, or dissolve, it's really too loud. If you can hear it, then it's annoying.
  34. fairyliquid New Member

I'm like Katcal in that respect, it is hard to go up and ask someone to turn down music...ironically its often because you don't want to annoy them.

What i find more irritating is people in a library sitting having nice loud chats in the quiet work areas while I'm trying to do work...it's an area for quiet work but everyone goes in for the air-conditioning and there is no peace!

Head aches annoy me too. Like the one I have had all day today, and the one I had yesterday, and the one I had the day before. gah!

edit: stray gah!
  35. Garner Great God and Founding Father

i always understood Queen for a Day was a british program originally?
  36. missy New Member

Shitty little vandals that think its funny to play football outside/up against your home/garage, then give you a load of verbal when you ask them to stop.

I could quite happily strangle them.

Also people upsetting Dave at work. Damned accounts people that don't know how to use a printer but seem to know to shout at the I.T person (i.e Dave) when he turns up to help them.
  37. Katcal I Aten't French !

At one point we had a flat with a balcony on the first floor, and the balcony ooverlooked the garden of the neighbouring residence. We used the balcony for hanging out washing etc. and at some point a group of rat-brained kids from the place next door thought it would be funny to throw rotten eggs at our balcony and everything on it. Strangling would have been the soft option if I had managed to catch any of the little buggers...
  38. missy New Member

I don't understand what makes them think they have the right to cost people money and generally piss people off.

Sorry for the language but i get so riled.

Dave spent hours cleaning up and making safe when the little sods decided to break both the garage windows, and low and behold if they haven't been broken 3 times since then. We are going to paint the wood we have used to fill the gaps where the windows were (cos glass gets expensive after the first 3 times) with Anti Vandal paint, and the garden fence on the inside, as they come into the garden mooching through our stuff while we are not around. There will be a letter to the neighbours tomorrow and signs go up before we do it as its not illeagle if you have given fair warning.

I'm so hacked off. If they did what they did you though hun, i think i would have pelted them right back with more than a few eggs.

Tossers.
  39. Angua_rox New Member

Anti Vandal Paint? What's that? Does it like create a forcefield that repels those with malicious intentions or summat?
  40. missy New Member

God that would be cool.

No its like tar. It gets on you and doesn't come off. Ruins clothes and has to be taken off skin with turps. Businesses normally use it, and some councils.
  41. redneck New Member

Studies have shown that earphones at a high decibel level do more damage than speakers at the same level. They say that it has something to do with the pressure and the earpieces acts as a stopper to keep it from coming out. Also, wearing earphones for long periods of time and especially letting others use them can cause serious ear infections. Ok, lesson over.

Fucking lazy-ass gits annoy me. I do my work and do it well. First shift comes in and breaks the machinery, doesn't get as much product out, the product they get out is crap, and there's two of them doing the same job that I do by myself. Yeah, that annoys me just a little.

Today annoys me. Valentine's Day is crap.

Being in a bad mood annoys me. I'm in a bad mood. I'm annoyed. Go figure.
  42. TamyraMcG Active Member

I work first shift, we are always getting crap about having breakdowns and not getting as much production. Of course our shift does have the largest contingent of maintainence people so any repair projects that can be prescheduled usually happen on our shift and because the other shifts routinely have trouble hiring enough people we have to come in early or stay late quite often to take up the slack. Plus there are several layers of management that only show up on the dayshift, you know the old adage about too many chiefs? I've worked other shifts and I don't think I worked any harder when I was on them, nor do I work any less now that I am on dayshift. It is annoying enough just to have to work.
    edited to add- Valentine's Day does suck when you are alone, especially when you haven't bought any chocolate ...yet.
  43. Nester New Member

Roommates who take valentines day way to seriously annoy me. I swear if I hear Seal's "Kissed by a Rose" one more time..... :evil:
  44. mr_scrub New Member

When your friends (or your enemies) are struck by an impulse to be $%&amp;#
    annoying even though they've been told to "Go away. Yes it was funny the first time but not anymore." And after this strange impulse has faded they still think that nothing has happened and that you're still going to be friendly towards them. :evil: :axe:

Oh and the sound my computer is making right now. My head is going to explode if I hear for too much longer. :evil:
  45. Mynona Member

People are quite annoying, especially this one person in my uni class that expects me to do her work for her because she felt that the book we ought to read was boring.

People on the buss who can't just go and sit down after having paid the fare, instead they have to stand and argue with the busdriver so that he can't drive. Makes me, and everyone else on the bus, late to wherever we're going.

People who think that Good Charlotte and Greenday are punk.
  46. Faerie New Member

Friends, especially when they ditch you or believe someone they've known for less than 1 year over someone they've known for 9 years. This is not actually happening to me but to two of my friends who have been best friends ever since I've known them and all of a sudden they're not anymore.
  47. Anna New Member

Friends who think it's ok to organise your life for you. A friend of mine is full of good ideas about what I can do with my life.She doesn't seem to realise that I'm actually quite happy with my life. I hate my job, but it fits in with my life, and my son's schooling, I have as much flexibility as I could want, and I sill get to study for my science degree. I'm not the sort to get shirty with people (I bite my tongue and fester.) but I had to say something, she was driving me nuts!
    Also I find it really annoying when you open a cupboard and everything falls out. I think someone turned up the gravity in our house.
    And the thing that's made me most cross recently is the people who recently bought the house next door to us. Our back windows overlook their front garden, (we can't see our garden from our windows- it's a cottage. Peculiar arrangement.) We used to have a view of trees, an unkempt but established and wildlife-rich garden. The new owners (who live in London, this is their second home- also annoying.) have torn out ALL the plants and trees and have completely destroyed it. There are no birds at all now, and it's a building site. IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!! :cry:
    Sorry. I didn't mean to go on for so long.
  48. Anna New Member

And it's annoying that I can't work out how to get a picture from my computer as my avatar. :x
  49. mr_scrub New Member

It's fine if you rant as long as you go easy on the swearing. Lots of people go on longer.
  50. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Not having time to post annoys me. :(
  51. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Swearing is not prohibited on this board. And this is, indeed, a thread for ranting.

Anna, your friend sounds like my mother with her endless schemes for throwing all our lives into total chaos! Gah, stupid interfering relatives!