Soda Wars Eight: Our Logo Doesn't Suck

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, Jun 7, 2007.

?

Which is better?

Soda Water 8 vote(s) 53.3%
Pocari Sweat 7 vote(s) 46.7%
  1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Soda Water

vs

Pocari Sweat

lesser of two evils, folks. lesser of two evils.
  2. Electric_Man Templar

Sweat is full of "ionic" goodness.
  3. Katcal I Aten't French !

Sweat is gross, fizzy sweat is original.
  4. jaccairn New Member

Soda water is like mineral water without all the mineral aftertaste and is good for those with delicate taste buds. Also, as it's generally on tap as a mixer in pubs you can ask for a glass of it and you get given it for free! So it's good for those with delicate wallets also.
  5. Stercus Stercus New Member

Mmmm on tap as a mixer, that'll do for me.
  6. Garner Great God and Founding Father

soda water is carbonated water with a small amount of baking soda added.

i don't know why they add the baking soda, but oh well. i'm sure someone will be a smart ass and go link me to wikipedia and then i'll find out.
  7. Stercus Stercus New Member

In the past, soda water was produced in the home by "charging" a refillable seltzer bottle by filling it with water and then adding carbon dioxide. Club soda may be identical to plain carbonated water or it may contain a small amount of table salt, sodium citrate, sodium bicarbonate, potassium bicarbonate, potassium sulfate, or disodium phosphate, depending on the bottler. These additives are included to emulate the slightly salty taste of homemade soda water. In the UK Soda Water is nearly always made with Sodium Bicarbonate.

Gosh, isn't wikipedia wonderful.
  8. Katcal I Aten't French !

My parents have a soda maker, but I've never seen it work...
  9. spiky Bar Wench

I say soda water because my favourite alcoholic beverage is vodka, lime and soda... Thats real lime juice not that disgusting lime cordial stuff some bars use to masquerade as lime. Although by itself soda water is a bit like drinking air but I've never even heard of the other choice so soda it is.
  10. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I once read about an Indian man in the days of the British Empire whose surname (I don't know if he had an Indian surname as well) was Soda-Water-Bottle-Opener-Wallah. This alone sways me strongly towards the soda water. On the other hand, Pocari Sweat. I mean, come on.
  11. Electric_Man Templar

Well, did you know that Pocari Sweat was invented by The Great Sweater (literal translation of a Japanese name) of Pocari Mountain?

Thought not. (because it isn't true, probably)
  12. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Even without this amusing thought, I think it's going to have to be Pocari Sweat. I mean, come on!