Sibling related amusement

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Electric_Man, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Electric_Man Templar

2. Maljonic Administrator

I'm the oldest, but I usually have them rolling in the aisles.
  3. TheJackal Member

I'm stuck in the middle (3rd of 5 boys, no sisters)
  4. OmKranti Yogi Wench

I'm number 2 of 5 (All girls, no brothers) Hey Jackal, we should swap a few, I can have some of your brother and you can have some of my sisters.
  5. Victimov8 New Member

[quote:faaed26763="OmKranti"][snip] I can have some of your brother [/snip].[/quote:faaed26763]

Well - I never!

I come under more than one category here...
    Blood relatives I am the youngest (of two)
    Marriage siblings - I am two of four...
    Or of six
    Awkward is me
  6. Katcal I Aten't French !

Like Dave here, I'm kind of awkward too : I'm the eldest of two (hence the bad sense of humor I guess) but in the younger half of 6 if you count my half borthers and sisters (2 of each), in which case I'm 5th.
  7. fairyliquid New Member

I have an older brother...but I'm definately the more serious than him.

I would say I am funnier - but most poeple would laugh at that...
  8. lipi New Member

I'm the youngest... kinda... I have 2 halfbrothers, 12 and 18 years older than me, so part of my childhood I was almost the only child, as bot of them already had a life of their own away from our home.
    All of us are funny, but I tend to make jokes all the time (yes, it has something to do with the attentionseeking), while my brothers just make a few well placed remarks, which are that funnier because they are rarer.
  9. peapod_j New Member

im the youngest too i hate it when my brothers and siter are home thay gang up on me no fair.
  10. TheJackal Member

[quote:45d04382fe="OmKranti"]I'm number 2 of 5 (All girls, no brothers) Hey Jackal, we should swap a few, I can have some of your brother and you can have some of my sisters.[/quote:45d04382fe]

I was going to say yes but then I realised I'd be queueing forever for the bathrooms!
  11. OmKranti Yogi Wench

[quote:cdf8442a81="TheJackal"][quote:cdf8442a81="OmKranti"]I'm number 2 of 5 (All girls, no brothers) Hey Jackal, we should swap a few, I can have some of your brother and you can have some of my sisters.[/quote:cdf8442a81]

I was going to say yes but then I realised I'd be queueing forever for the bathrooms![/quote:cdf8442a81]

I don't think my father ever used the bathroom. Especailly because my mother had 5 kids in 6 years so by the time Beth (the oldest) was 15, we had 5 teen and pre-teen girls running around the house.

I think my dad made himself a shed out back or something. Seriously.
  12. sampanna New Member

I'm the youngest.
    Always had everyone rolling in the aisles.

[size=3:4b8cb14de4] *hides axe* [/size:4b8cb14de4]
  13. chrisjordan New Member

I'm the middle kid of three. Such fun.
  14. TamyraMcG Active Member

I'm the oldest of my siblings and of my first cousins, but I am only 4 years younger then my youngest aunt and for the first 6 years of my life we lived on the same farm, so I was maybe a little confused.

She and my 7years older uncle sometimes turned their attention from antagonizing each other to picking on me and my siblings. Oh sometimes they were nice and stuck up for us and I love them both even if they have trouble loving each other even after 30+ years of independent life.

I have one youinger sister and we have two younger brothers. Our youngest brother is the grandparent. He's the one who seems to have the most contact with popular culture, but our other brother is probably the funniest one of us.
  15. Hsing Moderator

I have an older half sister, and had two younger siblings--- I was, in that ordr, the youngest -for almost four years - then the middle child - for another four years - and then the oldest for what felt like most of the time, due to my older sister moving out very early.
  16. Angua_rox New Member

I'm the eldest of two girls.
    We're 8 years apart, and so far seem to have escaped most sibling rivalry issues.
    Thankfully.

I'd say I'm fairly funny, but mostly sarcastic humour. .
  17. Saccharissa Stitcher

I have one younger sister. Sometimes it feels like I am the eldest in a battallion
  18. Pixel New Member

I'm the eldest - well, strictly speaking (Pedant Alert - Warning - Pedant Alert) I'm the [i:f2be369eec]elder[/i:f2be369eec] since there are only two of us - I used to be quite good at writing comedy skits of our amateur theatre productions, to be performed by the crew at the after-show party, but I seemed to hit a burn-out point - but recently I have started to chip in ideas when other people are writing skits. My brother shows no signs of any unusual sense of humour - this may be because I shared a common sense of humour with my late father (while he was still compos mentis) which ranged from liking the same comedy shows to amusing ourselves during the traditional extended family Christmas party by gently winding up the cousin (also now late) who was a Methodist minister and Probation Officer with arguments about religion and punishment - it livened up a rather dire annual event, and we even discovered after we had stopped doing it because my mother felt that it was upsetting other members of the family that he enjoyed and even looked forward to these arguments too!
  19. spiky Bar Wench

Well if you take account of all my siblings (including half and steps) I am in the middle of 8 but if you just take my full-blood siblings I'm the youngest of 3. I'm so confused whether to feel passed over and ignored or bratty and attention seeking... I guess I'm probably the worst parts of both :D
  20. plaid New Member

i am the eldest of seven.

all of your families sound really small.

people occasionally tell me i'm funny. i never try to be. probably something about my faux-pessimism and despair is amusing. i don't know.

it is true that my youngest brother tells most of the jokes at our house... whether or not they're funny is another matter. usually they make no sense.
  21. Perdita New Member

Technically I am the second oldest of four by three minutes.

My twin sister is the eldest. :p
  22. Orrdos God

I'm the oldest of two.

My sisters about as funny as Ben, so I think it's safe to assume that in this case I'm the funniest out of us :)
  23. jaccairn New Member

I'm the 3rd of 4. One much older brother (14 years) and 2 sisters (one 2 years older, one 2 years younger. Not much of a joke teller. Don't count cousins because there's far too many of them - my Dad was one of eleven.
  24. edster New Member

Im the youngest of 6 (3 brothers and 3 sisters) i have no idea if im funnyer then my siblings.
  25. Rincewind Number One Doorman

I love that ben had to explain what being the only child entails.

Needless to say, i'm the youngest. Though both my older brothers are very funny.
  26. Electric_Man Templar

We have foreigners and drunken doormen on this board you know - that's why I did it.

Interesting that no-one seems to be an only child, actually
  27. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Well, aren't you the one for explainations, mmm, but that doesn't explain why you dressed up as Joan of Arc and tried to seduce a fox now, does it ben?
  28. Electric_Man Templar

I will take that secret to the grave!
  29. spiky Bar Wench

It looks like the secrets out but I'm left with the burning question of why?
  30. Delphine New Member

I'm the eldest of two. My brother is 20, very quiet and introverted. We're quite different. He can be funny when he takes it upon himself to try, but because he hardly ever does, I get the accolade of "funniest sibling" by default. Did I ever tell you about the two oranges that went into a bar? Ahahahahaha.
  31. redneck New Member

I was the youngest of three for fifteen years until my little brother came along. Now I'm the ass end of the middle of four. I think I liked being the youngest best. I don't really fit the bill too well though. Most people say that I'm a very serious person. One lady at work thinks that I'm too serious all the time. I don't think so, even though I do have a very pessimistic streak.
  32. randywine Member

I was the youngest of 5 (no central heating and crap TV I guess in the 1960's :) )
    I don't know about the funniest but I was certainly the drunkest for a few years :? and I am now definitely the most outgoing...

I would also like to hear more on the Joan of Arc / fox issue :D

R.
  33. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

[quote:3d79146ee2="OmKranti"]I'm number 2 of 5 (All girls, no brothers) [/quote:3d79146ee2]

[quote:3d79146ee2="OmKranti"] my mother had 5 kids in 6 years [/quote:3d79146ee2]
    SNAP! :shock: No wonder you make such a good High Priestess of Buzzfloyd!

Garner is an only child, but he never bothers to answer polls. Of course, he has no sense of humour.
  34. OmKranti Yogi Wench

[quote:aab337cb6e="Buzzfloyd"][quote:aab337cb6e="OmKranti"]I'm number 2 of 5 (All girls, no brothers) [/quote:aab337cb6e]

[quote:aab337cb6e="OmKranti"] my mother had 5 kids in 6 years [/quote:aab337cb6e]
    SNAP! :shock: No wonder you make such a good High Priestess of Buzzfloyd!

Garner is an only child, but he never bothers to answer polls. Of course, he has no sense of humour.[/quote:aab337cb6e]

Is your mother a clown too? If so, that would be a even more sshocking coincidence.
  35. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Believe it or not, she nearly trained as a clown, but she became a Methodist minister instead.
  36. Orrdos God

[quote:df99b93e8e="Buzzfloyd"]Believe it or not, she nearly trained as a clown, but she became a Methodist minister instead.[/quote:df99b93e8e]

Much the same thing, isn't it?

:)
  37. OmKranti Yogi Wench

[quote:6c7ebab515="Buzzfloyd"]Believe it or not, she nearly trained as a clown, but she became a Methodist minister instead.[/quote:6c7ebab515]

Wow! I was totally joking.
  38. Faerie New Member

I'm the ancient one at the ripe old age of 18. My sister is 21 months younger than me and unfortunatly close in clothing size to me so I recently installed a locking doorknob on my closet door. When we were little she was always the funny obnoxious one but now I think she is only slightly more extroverted than I am and I have my funny moments. She is what you would call a ham; she just likes the attention.
  39. Nester New Member

[quote:c81853b2ee="Orrdos"][quote:c81853b2ee="Buzzfloyd"]Believe it or not, she nearly trained as a clown, but she became a Methodist minister instead.[/quote:c81853b2ee]

:)[/quote:c81853b2ee]

Our minister is a reformed Hell's Angel. His sermons normally have interesting stories...

I'm the younger of two brothers. My brother is definitely more serious than I am. He never could take a joke.
  40. Pixel New Member

[quote:c59912c35d="Orrdos"][quote:c59912c35d="Buzzfloyd"]Believe it or not, she nearly trained as a clown, but she became a Methodist minister instead.[/quote:c59912c35d]

:)[/quote:c59912c35d]

Cheap shot, Doors!

Grace - might your mother have known my late cousin (second cousin or cousin once removed - I can never remember how that works - he was my late mother's generation) Donald Bell - he was, I believe, fairly prominent in the Methodist Church (also in the Probation service - years ago I met someone who married a friend of mine and took her back to England who knew him - it's a small world)?
  41. QuothTheRaven New Member

[quote:fd0aa2f2eb="Electric_Man"][quote:fd0aa2f2eb="Rincewind"]I love that ben had to explain what being the only child entails.[/quote:fd0aa2f2eb]

We have foreigners and drunken doormen on this board you know - that's why I did it.

Interesting that no-one seems to be an only child, actually[/quote:fd0aa2f2eb]

I am. And I am definatly one of the most serious people I know.
  42. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

[quote:d16c92137b="Pixel"]Grace - might your mother have known my late cousin (second cousin or cousin once removed - I can never remember how that works - he was my late mother's generation) Donald Bell - he was, I believe, fairly prominent in the Methodist Church (also in the Probation service - years ago I met someone who married a friend of mine and took her back to England who knew him - it's a small world)?[/quote:d16c92137b]
    Not personally, but, as you say, he was a prominent figure in the Methodist Church. My Grandad has books of his sermons, and I've been told many anecdotes about him.
  43. Dane New Member

I'm the oldest but deffinately the funniest. My brother had cancer when he was 6 so i had to work for the attention, then my little sister came when i was 11 and being that she was the daughter of my mum and step dad (who i didn't live with at the time) i had to work for the attention even more.
  44. QuothTheRaven New Member

[quote:9734d9451e="Dane"]My brother had cancer when he was 6[/quote:9734d9451e]
    WOW, that sucks.
  45. Mynona Member

I'm oldest of two and a half... at least, oldest of the still living.

And the half is Simon, we have the same dad but different mothers.

Anyways, I'm the one with a sense of humour in my family, well, me and dad and he's also the oldest sibling. Emil takes himself way to serious to have much fun at all. I'm hoping he'll grow out of it
  46. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Emil is funny though. ;)
  47. Mynona Member

yes, if you're into morbid curiosity and 'what has one of the stupidiest men on earth done today'

I remember fondly the day he lost his... um.,.. manliness.
  48. Angua_rox New Member

Oh? Elaborate?
  49. Mynona Member

Where I sit in front of the computer I can see the hallway mirror kind of sideways.

One day, Emil dances in, admiring his clothes in the mirror when suddenly both his hands go to his crotch and he starts to look panicky.

"Where are they? Where are they!?" He says, almost in falsetto, while still feeling around in that area. Suddenly he slumps in relief, he'd apparently found them again.

This is when he notices me almost flat out on the floor laughing various precious bodyparts off.

"I was looking of my keys, you know!" He exclaims.

I just continued laughing
  50. Silvermoth New Member

I have one older sister. Although I do have a cat who acts like she owns the place. Does she count? :eek:
    ________
    Web Shows
  51. inwig New Member

I'm the oldest of 7 (now only 4). There's seven years between me and my next surviving sibling.

I wouldn't be able to say which one of us is the funnier because we all have a different way of expressing our humour.

Most people can't cope when there's more than two of us around because of the witty ripostes and counter thrusts.
  52. mazekin Member

Youngest of five with three older brothers and one older sister with 7 years between me and the next one...none of 'em are the boss of me!...at least, that's what I try to tell myself.

While I am not the funniest, I can claim to be the most sane...or least crazy, anyhow. I don't think anyone could class my family as sane.

It sucks being the youngest, although I did manage to learn by all of their mistakes. Little things like

1) The right way to sneak out of the house at night
    2) How not to piss my father off (by not screaming Fcuk You at him, running to the bathroom (only lockable door in house) at full speed, only to find that brother number 3 has locked the door and is lying on the floor with a facecloth stuffed in his mouth so she can't hear him laughing...meanwhile, father is making his way sloooowly up the stairs with a not so amused look on his face
    3)Lying 101 do's and don'ts...
    a) Do remember every single lie you have told them over the past 25 years
    b) Don't make it complicated...
  53. drunkymonkey New Member

Yes * he says cockily* I must say I am the funniest, and also the youngest. So there.