Scars

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Buzzfloyd, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I think I asked this once on the old boards, but if I did it was a long a time ago - so I'll ask again, just as a matter of interest.

What scars do you have? How did you acquire them?

I have the usual minor ones on my knuckles from small cuts and scrapes; a BCG (tuberculosis vaccine) scar on my left arm just under my tattoo; a handful of chickenpox scars on my tummy; the incision from my appendectomy and the scar from where the drain went in (to deal with peritonitis, I think).
  2. Garner Great God and Founding Father

mostly just emotional ones. the physical ones aren't very interesting.
  3. koshu New Member

ohhhhh i like this one.....
    ok here goes:
    i have a big on on my left knee where i fell three times so it just got bigger
    i have an awesome one where i blew up a pot and got some shrapnel(it wasn't my fault i never knew terracota blew up when it got hot)
    i got onejust underneath it from another fire
    i got quite a few from my animal work(you would think lion cubs claws aren't that sharp wouldnt you? :shock: )
    i got one on my arm whn i accidently made a match bomb and when we threw it accidently landed on a big pile of thatch in our yard *cough.Cough*
    i have one on my right wrist were i got in a fight with a power drill
    igot some on my nucles from kung-fu
    i have on on my nose were i got in a fight with a cat
    ummm.....im gonna stop now casue all the rest pertain to fire and soon you all will be thinking im some kind of pryro.............oh no "mike get the bucket i dropped the math on the carpet again!!!
  4. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

[quote:2e398fdf55="Garner"]mostly just emotional ones. the physical ones aren't very interesting.[/quote:2e398fdf55]
    What about the one where you chopped your finger with an axe?
  5. Garner Great God and Founding Father

i didn't CHOP it... it was filleted.
  6. koshu New Member

[quote:ff02224939="Buzzfloyd"][quote:ff02224939="Garner"]mostly just emotional ones. the physical ones aren't very interesting.[/quote:ff02224939]
    What about the one where you chopped your finger with an axe?[/quote:ff02224939]

ohh i got one more thnks fro reminding me...i almost choped my finger ff with a pipe and a rubber mallet when i was 5

they got it back on ok in the end :)
  7. Hsing Moderator

Oh... I don't even know for sure. From the top of my head, so to say: two small ones (they already start dissapearing) in my face, one where a small operation was done right over my eyebrow, and one where I rammed a salt stick into my eye as a toddler, when my parents did a full stop with their beetle car.
    Then the one from when my appendix was taken out; it was a traditional, but neat scar of maybe 4 cm lenght until my belly grew during pregnancy; by the end it looked as if I had survived not an appendectomy but a sabre duel. Then comes my -pretty huge- scar from the cesarian. I didn't want the cesarian, but I'm actually proud of that scar. Then come my hands and knees, with a burn mark on one of my hands, acquired by spilling very hot coffee, several cuts with very sharp knives, and a long scar that I don't remember acquiring at the side of one of my knees.
  8. OmKranti Yogi Wench

I got a really large one on my leg. My repressed memory will not allow me to know what it's from though. I'llhave to Ask my mum when I see her.

Chickenpox scars - one right on my forehead where I used to wear my bindi.

Nice big hole in the shoulder from standing under a tube light when it shattered. That was fun. Mum poured iodine into the hole and put a butterfly bandage on it. Butterfly bandages were the cure all in our household.

I've never had stiches or broken a bone though. Lucky me.

Oh, and if strechmarks count I've got loads of then. I've no idea why *is innocent of brownie/pie/cheesecake consumation* :oops:
  9. Roman_K New Member

I have a vaccine mark on my arm, from that nasty vaccine cocktail they used to give kids in Russia. Other than that, I have one on my forehead from when a rather insane kid chased me straight into the inner part (the bit on the side where it closes) of a sliding door, head first.

Numerous small scars on my hands, due to my cats.
  10. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

[quote:cb9df42120="OmKranti"]Oh, and if strechmarks count I've got loads of then. I've no idea why *is innocent of brownie/pie/cheesecake consumation* :oops:[/quote:cb9df42120]
    Hah, I forgot those! I don't think I could count them all though!
  11. Hsing Moderator

A friend of mine, who grew up in Russia, had several of them and called them "the marks of the East"...
  12. OmKranti Yogi Wench

[quote:2c1cfb8a83="Buzzfloyd"][quote:2c1cfb8a83="OmKranti"]Oh, and if strechmarks count I've got loads of then. I've no idea why *is innocent of brownie/pie/cheesecake consumation* :oops:[/quote:2c1cfb8a83]
    Hah, I forgot those! I don't think I could count them all though![/quote:2c1cfb8a83]

Well, we won't count them then. They are invalid scars.
  13. TamyraMcG Active Member

The oldest scar I have is a tiny one that was partly covered by my wedding ring, I have no idea how it got there but it has been there ever since I can remember.

Both knees have scars the right one was exacerbated by being forced to run hurdles.

Both hands have carpal tunnel surgery scars mostly hidden in the lifeline but the stitches give them away,

I have a 4 stitch slice on my right hand from washing dishes, when I was 15. It was a cheap green glass with flowers molded into it.

There is an 8 stitch slice on the bottom of my right foot from seven years ago. A poptop cat food lid got liberated from the garbage can and I didn't turn on the light that morning.

I have a couple of scars from acid burns at work on my right wrist, right now they are sort of hidden by my psoriasis, but it won't take them away when it goes.

There is a scar from a skin biopsy from 22 years ago.

My chin has a scar from a dog bite and one from a fainting spell I was on the toilet one second and then I peeled myself up fron the concrete floor with a split chin, two chipped teeth, and a bitten tongue which is still scarred after about 20 years.

The dog bite was from a dog named Pooper, an evil black mongrel that took me totally by surprise even though I was warned about him. I thought if you didn't show fear and didn't do anything to provoke a dog they wouldn't bother you, but I was wrong. That was 36 or so years ago.

There are various cat scratches in various stages of healing. And I have a mark fron a smallpox vaccination as well as a couple of chicken pox scars on my face and I think you can still see where my ears used to be pierced.
  14. Nester New Member

I've got a number of them but the most interesting ones include:

A mid sized one on my stomach. I was playing outside and just tripped and ended up impaling myself on a fallen tree branch.

A pretty good sized one on my thigh where my brother cut me with a machete. We were sword fighting in the basement. I hobbled up the stairs crying and trying to hold in the blood. I got upstairs where my dad was reading the paper. He didn't ask how it happened, he didn't look concerned. His only response: "Put a towel on it for a bit. Let the air get to it. It'll heal faster." Then he went back to his paper. :)

On the insides of both my cheeks from a Thanksgiving at my aunt's. My cousin, brother, and I went sledding down the hill, but they sent me down the part with a barb wire fence halfway down. I saw it and ducked, thought I passed it, and lifted my head just in time to literally catch it in the mouth and get clotheslined to the ground.
  15. spiky Bar Wench

I've got one on my forehead through my right eyebrow half way to my hairline. I was about 3 or 4 and we were visiting a friends new house, it was all white and they hadn't even moved in yet. RUnning after another kid I misjudged and cracked my head on the corner of the archway. I proceeded to get blood all over everything (white+red=pink+sticky) and going to the doctors for stitches.

Nester the image of you coathangering yourself made me smile this wide: :D
  16. plaid New Member

my most silly scar is a little greyish dot from when my little sister brutally stabbed me in the hand with a pencil.

the left hand.

dumb sister.
  17. Mynona Member

I have a few of them, some intresting, some not.

The only chickenpox-scar I have left is on my forehead, not centered but still. Underneath my mouth there's a small thin scar, about 5mm long, where my first rabbit bit me.
    She also caused another scar, on my right wrist, when I was to cut her claws, that was not popular, but on the wrist I have indentations of both her upper and lower teeth. My knuckles are riddled with scars that's come from re-opening old wounds too many times. Where the wounds come from is obvious. I also have one in my hand, running parallell to my lifeline from when I fell down when I was younger, I had been silly and not tied my shoes.
    One knee bears a mark from when I fell off a horse and landed, knee-first, on a sharp rock. Three inch-long scars on each lower leg, from the surgery, they come with added scars from the stiches.
    Soon my left knee will have another scar as I go for surgery again.
  18. Katcal I Aten't French !

I don't have many, the largest one I had went away after a few years, I was almost dissapointed. Our "doctor" (who doesn't deserve to be called that) opened the plaster cast on my leg after 5 months (it would have taken the usual 4 weeks if he had listened to me, but I was just a stupid kid, of course having low calcium has nothing to do with healing bones... :roll: ) with an electric saw and wouldn't believe me (again) when I said it hurt like hell and it felt like he was cutting into me. He proved that I was wrong by showing me that the saw didn't cut into the thick-skinned palm of his hand. Of course, skin that has been hidden from the sun and air for 5 months is nice and tough and not at all fragile... :roll: Duh ! So I had a seam up both sides of my left leg, but it eventually went away...

Otherwise, I have a small scar on my right wrist that was inflicted by Elvis.

Ok, Elvis was the neighbours' cat. :cooler:

There's quite a big scar on my right forearm where I was viciously attacked by a rusty ironing board that folded on me.

And a vaccine scar on one arm, and a chickenpox scar in the perfect bindi spot, like Om. Plus a few anonymous ones on my hands from unknown sources. And that's it... for now at least.

Garner, my dad once nearly chopped his fingers off with an ax trying to cut up a pig we won at the village bingo (I can remember sitting there, hissing at him not to shout out that he had won, but there's no shutting up some people.) After that, he gave up and sent it to the butcher's to have it cut up. It was already dead, I hasten to add...

A week later he managed to electrocute himself by cutting through the electric lead of the chainsaw... with the chainsaw. :roll:
  19. KaptenKaries New Member

I've got all those default scars on my hands, from cuts and some burn marks on my thumbs from when I got electrocuted by my dvd player.

I have a large cross on my right forearm, one long scar roughly half the length of my forearm, from a key stuck in a door I ran past as a kid, and one scar half the length of the long one, at right angle, from when I fell over a BMX bike and got cut by those spikes on the pedals that keeps your feet from slipping.

I have a big scar the size of a coin right on the middle of my left lower leg, from when I kicked the iron shod edge of a loading dock.
  20. Hsing Moderator

...me not smile anymore... *faints*
  21. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Good grief. Some of these stories are making me cringe.
  22. Katcal I Aten't French !

Well you did start it :D
  23. KaptenKaries New Member

I'm impressed by Nester, getting both impaled and cut with a machete. Koshu sounds like a true pyromaniac.

I've never had any broken bones or dislocated joints, but I can kinda dislocate my shoulders at will without pain. There's something wrong with them, my dad can do the same thing.

I've had surgery on my big toe though, and I have some scars there from the procedure. It really hurt when they put the needle with the aenastetic (sp?) in under my toenail. I also have a tiny crater on the tip of my nose from when I tried to cut away some acne.

But the most painful thing was when I was electrocuted by my dvd player, I mentioned that before, when I tried to get away but my hands kept gripping the player. Eventually I managed to pull the player hard enough to unplug it from the socket but the skin on my thumbs had melted where the current passed through.
  24. Katcal I Aten't French !

Duh. My toe !! How the hell could I possibly forget that ???? (yes, it deserves the extra "?")

I once was operated on by the same so-called "doctor" as the episode with the 5-month broken leg (which I forgot to say was a fracture about as thick as a hair that barely showed up on the X-ray) for an ingrowing toenail. Now why on earth send someone to hospital for a badly infected ingrowing toenail, eh ? All you need to do is slice away and stitch it up again surely...

Yep. So now I have a scar, and on either side of it, a piece of toenail. The main part looks more or less like a normal toenail, so it doesn't really show unless you look at it hard, but on the left side there's a 4mm-thick piece of toenail that's growing perpendicular to the rest of it (forwards, but on its side) as the idiot cut right through the root of the nail... :( Also, as he finished the stitches, I had to keep reminding him which way to wind the thread round to do the stitch. I was 16 at the time. If my parents had had any brains at all, they would have sued him all the way to hell and back. (there were plenty of other stupid things he did, but those two were the only ones that left scars... )
  25. KaptenKaries New Member

I can imagine a bunny with that high-on-extacy grin having a weird toenail.
  26. peapod_j New Member

i have a scar under my nose on the right side from when a sheep dog bit me when i was 5 and i can still rember it.
    i have a scar on my left lower arm from when i fell off mt moped (not my falt stupid car blanded me with head lights on full beem)
    BCG on upper left arm 3 scars on my hands from brothers and sister.
    countless numbers on my knees
    on the botom of my right foot where a huver atacked me last week. i was huvering the landing on the stairs in my house and i had to adust the head of it and i used my foot (not a good idea even though i thought it was at the time) and a sharp corner went into my foot it hurt but i still finshed the huvering now i wair slipers when i do it though.
  27. inwig New Member

Attack of the vampire huver. Nasty.
    My additions to the scar memorials.
    One scalp scar compliments of very pregnant mother tripping over boxer puppy when I was two and hitting me with the squeezy mop she was using to clean the floor[size=9:7158ceed23][1][/size:7158ceed23].
    Scar on right foot when I was about 6 and jumped off our house roof onto wooden packing crates and a large nail went right through[size=9:7158ceed23][2][/size:7158ceed23].
    Large scar on kneecap that I have never had an explanation for.
    Second scalp scar where I had a metal torch hit me [size=9:7158ceed23][3][/size:7158ceed23].
    Set of puncture marks on both upper thighs from a mad Pyrenean Mountain dog attacking me on my way home from school.
    Chunk out of left shin where I carved a piece off on a rusty metal fence post that was hiding in a field.
    Boringly large emergency appendectomy scar for my 19th birthday.
    Various slice marks on my hands and feet from knives.
    Scar down right wrist and hand when my cat lost his temper with one of my sisters [size=9:7158ceed23][4][/size:7158ceed23].
    There's others but this is boring now.
    [size=8:7158ceed23]1. Two Jehovah's Witnesses, whose knocking was the reason the puppy had got tangled in mum's feet, then had a bleeding and screaming child thrust at them on the doorstep while my mum dashed down to the local phone to call the doctor. The dog lived for another 11 years, and my brother was born a couple of weeks later. Strangely, the JW's didn't call at our house after that.
    2. I liked jumping off high things even then and the packing crates made a handy landing place.
    3. One of those, I stood up as my dad was lowering his arm during a power out when we were looking for the torch, stories that child services never believes even when it's true.
    4. The cat was called Fury for a reason. He would freak people out just by watching them intently.[/size:7158ceed23]
  28. Faerie New Member

I didn't think I had that many scars but I got to looking and I found a few. *Numerous scars from my cat on my forearms.
    *I was standing behind my sister when we were younger and she just turned around and for no apparent reason stabbed me with a pencil in the collar bone.
    *Another pencil lead mark where I stabbed myself near my eyebrow trying to pry off one of those theme park bracelet things (except it was for the community center not a theme park). My mom stopped the car on the express way for that because she thought I had stabbed my eye.
    *I have a one inch scar on my right ankle from and ice skate burn. How can I get burnt while ice skating? I wasn't wearing thick enough socks and the friction caused some nice gooey blisters to form.
    *More recently I was jumping off a fallen tree in the woods and landed on a branch on the ground and there was a scar and a bump but I just looked and its surrounded by a purple/green bruise.
    *And I cut myself pretty good shaving my legs but that probably won't leave a scar.

When my grandpa started to lose it he decided to cut up cardboard with a table saw. He cut halfway through his thumb and was sitting there dripping blood and needing to go to the emergency room, but he just wanted a Band-Aid.
  29. Delphine New Member

[quote:27d3853e09="plaid"]my most silly scar is a little greyish dot from when my little sister brutally stabbed me in the hand with a pencil.

the left hand.

dumb sister.[/quote:27d3853e09]

GASP! Plaid, we are scar twins. I also have a scar on my left hand, from when my little brother brutally stabbed me with a pencil. It's more like a little white line than a grey dot though. The pencil wasn't even sharp. It bled a lot.

Other than that, I have a scar by my left eyebrow, from falling headfirst into a wall when I was about 7. I have a scar on my arm from slipping against a nail sticking out of a bookshelf. They are both tiny.

Oh, and I also have a very faint impression left by the BCG skin test. Six tiny dots, in a circle. We all had to have it to make sure we were ok to have the BCG vaccination. It was supposed to disappear within 24 hours. Mine puffed up to an ugly welt, and I can still see it 9 years later. Apparently it means I'm immune to tuberculosis. Which seems unfair, because I actually quite enjoy having injections.
  30. Electric_Man Templar

No matter how many times I see it, I'm still reading it as a lot of people having a BFG scar - which I also have. Mine didn't puff up very much, so they gave me the shot anyway, but the scar remains.

That shares the scar mantle along with my appendectomy (not visible anymore unless I really search for it) scar and one on my right elbow from when I fell over on a pavement, spreading my arms out in front of me as I landed. WARNING: alcohol and running don't mix. I had a smaller scar on my left elbow too from the same incident, but that seems to have disappeared now.
  31. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

[quote:65598cd004="Delphine"]Which seems unfair, because I actually quite enjoy having injections.[/quote:65598cd004]
    You sicko.

I forgot one of my oldest scars, which is so faint now, it's only just visible. It's from when I was four or five and I was riding my trike up the path and hit an uneven paving stone. I went headfirst over the handlebars and bit through my lip. I think I was actually too stunned to cry.
  32. Tephlon Active Member

- I have some scars on my knuckles, usual stuff.

- A small scarry patch on my left wrist from typing to much.

- A cat scratch on my right arm

- A burn scar on my right hand from when I was about 2 years old and ignoring my mothers warning to not go near the stove.

- A burn scar on my left hand from when one of my friends showed me that if you quickly bend a pieace of thick metal wire it eventually gets *really hot*.

- A small scar underneath on my cheek just onder my left eye from when my glasses cut into my cheek. I was pushed while running and fell face first into the bike shed at school. I got a warning for slamming the perpetrator into said bike shed, but as I was bleeding, so I think they got scared a bit. I just know it hurt a lot.

- A scar on my left leg where my friends surfboard hit it. I was cleaning some blood off it (As it had slammed into his nose not 20 seconds earlier) and when doing so, it got caught by a wave, turned and tried to take my legs off. Huge bump and some bleeding. Through my wetsuit! This was 4 months ago, and it's still visible and there are some bumps on my shinbone.
    I got back at it by tossing it on the beach and accidentally breaking one of it's fins.

I think that's all.
  33. redneck New Member

I've got quite a few little scars all over my arms and legs from working for my dad for so long. The ones that I can remember the stories to are:

-Tthe multiple scars on my knee from the two surgeries and the little ones surrounding them where the fluids were drained off (it hurt like the devil when the tubes were pulled out).
    -I've a small scar on my left forearm from a chainsaw accident.
    -Scar on my left thigh where the three wheeler brakes failed and something put a nice gash in my leg.
    -One on my right shoulder where I was making an awesome save in basketball by diving off the court for the ball. The main problem was that we were playing on a friends driveway and there was a cinder block on my landing pad. The worst part about it was that they stopped play to see if I was all right. That meant that my spectacular dive and near fatal landing was completely wasted. Some people.
    -One on my upper lip where I was blowing in our dog's face, watching her nip at the air, and she decided to go for the source instead. Yeah, my parents were pissed. More at me than the dog.

On a parting note, when one is electrocuted one dies. One can be shocked quite badly, but electrocution is the term that implies death by means of electric current.
  34. KaptenKaries New Member

Yes I was killed and am now only living as a ghost on internet forums.
  35. OmKranti Yogi Wench

[quote:5061d6e607="KaptenKaries"]Yes I was killed and am now only living as a ghost on internet forums.[/quote:5061d6e607]

I knew it!!
  36. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Nate, you're such a pedant.
  37. redneck New Member

[quote:fef3f78064="Buzzfloyd"]Nate, you're such a pedant.[/quote:fef3f78064]

Is that a compliment? Either that or Grace is getting jealous of my pedantability.

On a side note, one can drown without suffering the consequence of being dead. Drowning is just where the lungs fill with liquid or other substance, but liquid is the most common. This often leads to death, as one can imagine, but it is not a definite thing.* Electrocution always means death. So hah.
  38. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

[quote:e306452e4c="redneck"]*[/quote:e306452e4c]
    *?
  39. Dane New Member

I have one on my left arm caused by a breif fad called the "99'er" basically you rub a coin up and down your arm 99 times. i did it a lot more, Most peoples would heal after a week or so. Mines now permanent.

I have one running up the side of my left knee where (while playing rugby) the captin sliced my leg open with his boots. I have another one on my thigh where the team captin stamped on me after a tackle. I have one thats pretty much healed on my side where i fell down a gravel hill, i was half was down, i slid the rest of the way. not nice.

the rest, like garner, are emotional.
  40. redneck New Member

[quote:74579620a3="Buzzfloyd"][quote:74579620a3="redneck"]*[/quote:74579620a3]
    *?[/quote:74579620a3]

The * was going to say that in researching drowning I found that most dictionaries require death by liquid in the lungs. I then found that most medical journals (or at least the ones I could find) said that it was the lungs being full of liquids or some such but did not require death to be included. But that was going to take too long to post so I deleted it and forgot to take away the *. My apologies for any mental anguish as a consquence of not removing the * from the comment. I shall make doubly sure from henceforth that I will not do so again.

*bows deeply to show complete contrition*

(do not read the *s directly above as a footnot, they are to be read as an action rather than a thought. Hope this helps. Pedant out)
  41. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

You're not enough of a pedant, Nate.
  42. jaccairn New Member

I have a small scar on my forehead from when I was about 3 and I was jumping over a chain fence (one of those decorative things about 6 inches off the ground) when I tripped and managed to embed a small stone in my forehead. I still remember the spray anaesthetic before they put a single stitch in.

There's one on my left forearm from when I was about 7. I was swinging round a pole while Dad packed the car to go on holiday, and slipped and cut my arm on a nail that was sticking out of the gate. Surprisingly it didn't really bleed and you got an interesting look at what lies under the skin! Dad had to then unpack the car to take me to the hospital to get it stitched. You can still count the number of stitches I had.

There's also a thin scar on the back of my right hand from cutting it on a door when I tried to squeeze through without opening it properly.

I also have 4 white dots on my right arm which run in a straight line about 2 inches apart. I'm not sure if they're scars as I have no idea where they came from, but I suspect a hot liquid splash.
  43. redneck New Member

[quote:296f3fb86f="Buzzfloyd"]You're not enough of a pedant, Nate.[/quote:296f3fb86f]

I bow to the Queen Pedant. Or as her adoring followers call her, the Queen P. (alright, alright, I'm off to bed. But it made me chuckle so. Maybe I'm just over tired)
  44. Pixel New Member

I used to have a scar on the big toe of my right foot which I was always told had resulted from cutting myself on a biscuit-tin lid on my first birthday while crawling along a window-sill looking out for the postman. Even considering my towering intellect :) I am not convinced that at that age I would have understood the concept "birthday" let alone "postman", but it's no more unbelievable than other family legends - such as the theory that we are actually descended from Robert the Bruce and Mary Queen of Scots (move over, Your Majesty - we have a prior claim!) and the denial by my mother's family of any Irish connection, despite the established fact that part of that line has the surname Murphy!

However, after 56 years, that scar has faded. I do have the one on the outside of my left elbow, running all the way round the joint, from the occasion that I broke my elbow rather badly slipping on ice - well, I broke it rather well actually - I made a very comprehensive job of it - and it was complicated by the fact that I was very drunk at the time and the hospital could not operate until they got the alcohol out of my system (Moral: Do not drink and walk on icy streets - even if it [i:465a6ec8cb]is[/i:465a6ec8cb] New Year!) then the two steel pins they had put in as a temporary measure while the bone was knitting started to work their way out under the skin - thus delaying physiotherapy, so my left arm no longer has full mobility - I should have stayed at home that night! Also, it was rather worrying to be told that I was in the worst hospital in Brussels - and I was told that by one of the nurses! In addition - I was in a four-bed ward - a nurse came in with medication for one of us, asked a departing nurse who it was for, and was told "The one with the beard" - this gave her a problem because all four of us in the ward had beards!

I now have what looks likely to be a new scar on my left middle finger - only a few weeks old but it looks like it is there to stay - all I was doing was trying to open the packaging on a memory card I had bought for my camera - seriously hard clear plastic - why the manufacturers do this I don'r know - do they think the contents are going to go off if they're not sealed in? Anyway, I got a craft knife out of my pocket, started to cut, and - oops - blood in large quantities and I'm in a pub waiting for my meal. Luckily, the wound was shallow but just lifted a large flap of skin - a Band-Aid taped it down again and now I just have a ridge of skin there - my honourable wound in the war against over-packaging!
  45. peapod_j New Member

My dads got a realy good scar. when he was a kid, (40 years ago my dads 51) he made a toy helecopter and he was going to put a small motor in it which his dad had given him, (my grandpa was a car macnic) but during constuction of the said helecopter my dad fogot. So he decied to put it in by cuting a hole in the botom of the modle. he had it in his left hand and the helecopter sliped and as you can gess my dad cut the palm of his hand insted of the model. thats not the worst of it his dad was at work as it was the summer holidays and his mum could not drive (they only had one car and my grandpa needed that for work) so my dad decied to walk the 15 miles to the nerist hospital from what im told his mum (my granma) was not happy with him. my dad still has the scar today and his siters (both older than him) still rember it his brother (who is also older than him) was away with the mercant navy at this time.