Rincewind's Random Photo Thread!

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Rincewind, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Katcal I Aten't French !

Lovely pictures Sam, looks like you had a great trip.
  2. sampanna New Member

Thankee, yes I did have a smashing time. :)
  3. Faerie New Member

The blob on the left in the first two pictures is the moon. They look a little blurry because I took them from a boat.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  4. Rincewind Number One Doorman

5. chrisjordan New Member

So two foxes showed up in our back garden yesterday. Foxes! We haven't seen foxes here for years.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Fox out, doods.
  6. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Wicked pictures chris! Foxstacular!

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  7. Sunna New Member

Where do you live Rincewind?
  8. Katcal I Aten't French !

Jamaica !

Or was that London ?
  9. Rincewind Number One Doorman

The first two where in the countryside, near hastings.

The last one was taken in London Town
  10. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

What were you doing near here without telling us?!
  11. Stercus Stercus New Member

Why would he tell you that he's been paid to gather evidence against you.
  12. Katcal I Aten't French !

That evidence being... flowers ? The mind boggles.
  13. Maljonic Administrator

It's more likely that he got lost on his way to take a dump, and saw those pretty flowers while he was squatting and squeezing out a fat one. :smile:
  14. Stercus Stercus New Member

Cover story!
  15. Rincewind Number One Doorman

I wasn't completely paying attention to wear I was going until I got there. I was staying in a place call battle. Is that near you?
  16. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

You fool, it's ten minutes by public transport!

Edit: In fact, you should know that, because you went to the Abbey with us!
  17. Rincewind Number One Doorman

I thought it might be the same.

I was staying in a cottage next to Dexter (sp) house, my friend brother works there. Have you ever been?
  18. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Nope. But if you come down again, you should text us!
  19. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Will and Do!
  20. Electric_Man Templar

[IMG]

More work window nature fun.
  21. Rincewind Number One Doorman

22. Katcal I Aten't French !

Like the monkey said.

Wowza, amazing, Ben ! Squirrel fights and spiders hunting all kinds of bugs, if there was a competition for coolest work window, yours would be right up there in the top 10.
  23. sampanna New Member

I tried hard to not copy Rinso here, but still .. wow. Good capture there!
  24. Electric_Man Templar

Thanks guys, it's nice to have a window that's appreciated.
  25. Rincewind Number One Doorman

In all honesty I'm only your 'friend' so I can get closer to your window.
  26. KaptenKaries New Member

Not much of an aesthetic picture, with all the snacks and bottles cluttering the frame, but it's still one of my favourite ones. Taken with my camera by my friend Jon on midsummer's eve. For clarification, that's me on the left and Petra (Lipi) on the right. ;-)

[IMG]
  27. Mithras-Kosmokrator New Member

KaptenKaries - aesthetic it might not be, but it captures 'the moment' beautifully.

A few pictures from a couple of historical re-enactments I've been to recently.

'The Ermine Street Guard' at Birdoswald on Hadrian's Wall. I like one because it's completely unposed, and could almost be a snapshot straight out of history.

[IMG]

'Lace Wars' at Birdoswald. I had terrible trouble getting this action shot of a Government Dragoon slaughtering a Jacobite cabbage, but I'm quite pleased with the result.

[IMG]

'Lace Wars' again - another snapshot from history. After several attempts I actually managed to get one of the muskets firing.

[IMG]
  28. KaptenKaries New Member

Cool, I like the first one, it's natural and even though detailed without anachronisms (as far as I can tell). :smile:
  29. Hsing Moderator

Kapten, was I just too stupid to get it or is that news to us?:biggrin:
  30. KaptenKaries New Member

Hsing, I think I made a post in Member's News about it back in April, but you might have missed it :)
  31. Hsing Moderator

Must have been done during my move. Darn.
    But... this community has something about it, doesn't it? :wink:
  32. Faerie New Member

I'm just about sick of spiders. I just got back from camping for the Mackinaw Bridge's 50th Anniversary and I've never seen so many spiders. The campground was infested with them, but on the up side there were almost no mosquitos. I shall have some pictures from the trip soon.
  33. Stercus Stercus New Member

There was plenty for you to eat there then. Full of protein, Spiders.
  34. Faerie New Member

35. Pepster New Member

I really need to get around to uploading the images of the Pasha Bulka stranded on Nobbies beach at Newcastle I have on my phone.
  36. Faerie New Member

I finally got around to uploading most of my Mackinaw Bridge pictures to the computer, they are in a blog on MySpace.
  37. chrisjordan New Member

38. jaccairn New Member

Are you sure you didn't just scan postcards? Nice pictures and perfect weather.

Does that dome have scaffolding or is there something else that gives it a blurry outline when eveything else is sharp?
  39. chrisjordan New Member

It's scaffolding, I think. I had to look it up on Wikipedia to find out what it is. It's the Salute (better photo for comparison here).
  40. Katcal I Aten't French !

Here's one I made earlier :

[IMG]

We saw this strange sight when stopping off for a "break in driving and a quick pee behind a bush" in the middle of nowhere...
  41. Hsing Moderator

[IMG]

And the nice thing is, I didn't do anything in Photoshop - the (analogue) picture really looks like this, and so did the actual thing!

[IMG]

The reason why I took that picture out of a driving car was that my daughter told about the feather shaped cloud: "In the sea, I found a feather, and I buried it in the sand and watered it. And then it grew and grew and flew away, and there it is! Look!" Do you see it?
  42. Maljonic Administrator

I took this picture of our campfire in the Lake District a few weeks ago.

[IMG]
  43. sampanna New Member

Nice photos Chris! Mal, that fire looks like a render - nice.
    I've got one today - I still havent been able to shoot anything for 'Roots', but I found an old photo which would have been a good entry. Thought I'd put it in the random photo thread -
    [IMG]

To put this in perspective - each 'trunk' that you see there is a root, the banyon tree lets down roots from branches, which catch hold and grow, and thus it spreads. This particular tree is about 400 years old and is supposedly spread over three acres.
  44. Katcal I Aten't French !

Wow, Sam, that's some tree !

Here's one I took yesterday for one of my on-going projects with some friends. This guy is a big Air-Soft-guns fan, and he wanted a Bonnie-and-Clyde or Mr & Mrs Smith look for his photo shoot with his girlfiend.

[IMG]
  45. Maljonic Administrator

I think the girl works well, but the guy looks a bit like a dangerous Elvis*.

*Costello
  46. Katcal I Aten't French !

Yep, that's just what I told him. :biggrin:
  47. sampanna New Member

48. Katcal I Aten't French !

No comment. I really wish I had done that on purpose !
  49. Rincewind Number One Doorman

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I haven't posted here for a while, so i thought i's post a couple on newer ones.
  50. TamyraMcG Active Member

Those are cool, very very cool. I want your camera, mine is... so not good, I'd better not insult it though it's all I have. Thanks for sharing these Rinso, THey made my morning
  51. Hsing Moderator

...as always, great pictures! And so very different from each other. I like them all, though for varying reasons.

And you always make good night/ lights in the dark pictures, too. I'm going to make a few long time exposition pictures in the near future - as soon as I've figured out the details of my replacement camera, an analogue I bought for 23 Euros on ebay after my old one died its final death.
  52. Hsing Moderator

Some new pictures from me....

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Weimar, View from Belvedere
    [IMG]
    Weimar, Old Townhall

[IMG]
    Butterflies
  53. jaccairn New Member

I like the cat and the butterfly one Hsing.

Rinso
    The eye looks like it's about to fall into the Thames. Are you planning a Cloverfield?
    The roses one is beautiful but so sad.
  54. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Yeah, it does look quite wonky.

I love the roses picture. It is sad though, as the flowers where most probably tied to the railings to mark some ones death. :(

Hsing, lovely as usual. You always ahve great composition.
  55. Maljonic Administrator

I think the London Eye one looks like the view you might get if you drank a bottle of tequila, swallowed the worm, and fell off your bike. :)
  56. Katcal I Aten't French !

Knowing who took it, that's probably what happened. Although he probably only drank the tequila to get the worm in the first place.
  57. Rincewind Number One Doorman

I don't own a bike. As for the rest....
  58. Electric_Man Templar

This photo is much belated. Note how Kat is so excited that she's blurred...
    [IMG]

Photos of a randomer nature:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

As always, full-size versions are available by clicking!
  59. Katcal I Aten't French !

I would like to point out that the blur has nothing to do with ben's crappy photo skills, I actually was blurred.
  60. Hsing Moderator

Now that is a theme fitting Boardanian group picture! :)

I like the second one for its rainy tristesse...