Rincewind's Random Photo Thread!

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Rincewind, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Rincewind Number One Doorman

So I finally decided that I don't actually need food and bought myself a digital camera.

It's a pansonic FZ7, and is the most expensive thing I've ever owned...I'll probably lose it in the next two weeks.

It's this one

Anyways, I know a few people here like taking pictures (Doors likes taking pictures of sheep for reasons Stella doesn't quite know about but explain the amount of woolen jumpers she's been recieving as gifts), So I thought I'd start a thread where we can post any pictures we love.

These ones aren't great, but are the only ones I can get to be a reasonable size. Once i work out how to do it i'll post more.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

And me coming back from doing a shit in the park.

[IMG]

Job well done!

I love photography. There are so many amazing images out there. I lve that you can freeze a moment of time that will never exist again.

The world is a bueatyfull place. Lets capture it!
  2. redneck New Member

What is the top picture of? I thought it was a pine tree at first glance, but then I didn't. I really like the setting sun seen through the tall grass. Very nice.
  3. chrisjordan New Member

You are about to be sued by several camera manufacturers for that.

Nice photos, though. I like the sunset one the best.
  4. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Redneck, the first one is of a tree but I don't know what type.

The sunset one wasn't actually taken on my camera, but on my friends standard one. It's made me decide to buy a camera, though.
  5. Garner Great God and Founding Father

good pics, man.
  6. Hsing Moderator

Those are really good pictures.

And a nice idea for a thread, too. I'll see if I can add something.
  7. Katcal I Aten't French !

I'm feeling lazy, so I'll just quote what the lady said... ;)
  8. Angua_rox New Member

Yeah,
    cool.
    The last one is just so lovely and scenic. . .
  9. Ba Lord of the Pies

If only it didn't have that ugly object in the foreground.
  10. spiky Bar Wench

I don't know... I think its a lovely study in the hardships facing the mentally ill.

Cool pix though.
  11. sampanna New Member

Nice. I rather liked the second one ..
  12. edster New Member

well done, but why the one
    and why in the park?
  13. Katcal I Aten't French !

And why not ? you get fines for doing it on the pavement.
  14. Bradthewonderllama New Member

15. Angua_rox New Member

He never did get the hang of using a toilet. . .
    For evidence, look here
  16. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Um, I posted that picture to show that people can posts pictures of anything they like not pretty sunsets and such. And why do a shit in the park?... Becuase I fear toilets. I've seen them lazy greedy things feasting of other peoples waste!...plotting against me. That and I couldn't be arsed to walk home to do my poo.

Get posting your pictures!
  17. OmKranti Yogi Wench

are all philosophy majors this insane?
  18. randywine Member

Really liked the pictures - love the close up / odd perspective pics very cool...

There is a load of pics on our hillwalking website www.arseholesonahill.com

Worry not about the name, it's nothing dodgy - it's just our twisted sense of humor. :)

(I'm the 'Husky'* bloke (sometimes) in a green hat)

Cheers

R.

* Husky (Adj) - Mobile donut eating factory.
  19. Hsing Moderator

Plenty of those I met were, at least.

And here's 2 of mine... They're a few years old, but i have yet to browse my archives. Those two have been taken in Yellowstone National Park.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  20. Hsing Moderator

Here's one more, from a fashion dummy I saw while window shopping, one "natural" version, one "Photoshopped". All black and white pictures were developed by me, too - not necessarily to their advantage.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  21. Katcal I Aten't French !

Wow Hsing, those are some awesome pics those :shock:

I WILL post some. I WILL. **desperately trying to get brain to register this and transmit instructions to appropriate limbs.**
  22. Angua_rox New Member

These are really really cool.
  23. randywine Member

Hsing, cool and spooky pics those. Excellent stuff.
  24. Hsing Moderator

Allow me to share some more... then I will wait until a few more people contributed, or just stock up my photobucket account and link it.

Old sailor's cemetary in Denmark. A lot of them were anonymous, just fished out of the nearby bay after storms, if I remember right. The old cemetary is close to the dunes, and will probably one day get buried under them.
    [IMG]

A wrecked ship I saw in West Frisia, where we shipped down the channels. I've seen small cities were even the kids went to school in small boats like those in my town would on their bikes, and play in the gardens wearing swim (safety) wests, and all our attempts at jogging failed due to the fact that every street would end at the water after at least a mile...
    [IMG]

This is a detail on Lamberti Church in Münster. By now, the church has been restaurated, and the details don't look quite that morbid anymore.
    [IMG]

This is a picture taken in a small swamp area in the area I come from, a piece of land still in the state that was typical for the district until industrialization and modernization put an end to it and made the swamps into proper, usable farm land and building grounds...
    [IMG]
  25. Faerie New Member

Pirate Head on the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore in Lake Superior.

[IMG]

Soon to be obese Chipmunk because he ate almost a whole bag of peanuts.

[IMG][/img]
  26. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Some amazing pictures there! Speically yours Hsing, they rock.
  27. Katcal I Aten't French !

Man I'm sooooo proud of myself :D

I've just sold a photo, and it wasn't even one of my favorites !!! In fact, it's pretty lame... but hey, whatever, I just earned my first almost-euro by selling a photo !

Here's the one I sold

Here are my photos for sale, at least this saves me having to upload pics somewhere :D but still, they're only "commercial" photos, not the nice arty ones I'm reaaaaaaly good at (sorry, attempt to buff up my ego there... it isn't working :D )
  28. Rincewind Number One Doorman

This Photo was better in my mind's eye.

[IMG]
  29. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Looks like the doorman's piss bucket. Or beer trough, I can't decide which. Why not both?
  30. Katcal I Aten't French !

They are Doormen. Of course it's both !
  31. Nester New Member

Perrty pictures, people. Time to lower the bar.

This was taken in Lucerne (sp) Switzerland. It's still one of my favorite pictures:

[IMG]

And now for something a little more Doorman-ish:

[IMG]

This one was taken by a friend of mine after we had gotten home from a kegger. Upon suggestion I ended up sprinting away from the party with that keg on my back. Now it's an endtable in my apartment. :)
  32. Maljonic Administrator

I also bought a new camera today, been messing around with it all afternoon. Anyway I took this picture of an outdoor tap, not the most interesting subject but I think the detail is pretty good.

[IMG]
  33. Orrdos God

Well, I thought i'd sahre some photos I took in Rhodes last year.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

And! A picture of one of the wonders of the world! THE COLOSSUS OF RHODES
    http://www.orrdos.com/scenery1.jpg

Obviously, it's not there anymore, but the pillars mark where the feet stood :)
  34. Delphine New Member

I didn't actually take these pictures, my dad did.

[IMG]

This is the decapitated head of a sunflower, the poor victim of what I call brutal murder, and what others call an unseasonably
    strong wind. There's a photo that I think goes with it, of some sunflowers in shillouette, standing around and looking suspicious.
    Well, its of some sunflowers anyway. But i think they look guilty.

[IMG]

This is a picture of a bumble bee. Perhaps on the aforseen sunflower before it got killed. Perhaps on a different one.
    But the detail is nice.
  35. Faerie New Member

I did not take this but a friend of my mother did down in Florida of the shuttle launch not to long ago.
    [IMG]
    5 more rocket pictures can be found here.
  36. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I can't see the image in your post, Faerie.

Edit: Or, indeed, any of the others, or your avatar!
  37. Maljonic Administrator

The space shuttle images in the link are fantastic though, I'm quite jealous. :)
  38. Katcal I Aten't French !

I unwillingly copied Delphine's Dad, not my fault if bees love sunflowers :D

[IMG]

[IMG]

Edited to add a last one : taken late last night...

[IMG]
  39. randywine Member

okay I'll bite... what is it?
  40. OmKranti Yogi Wench

It looks like your brain - on drugs. The good kind.
  41. Katcal I Aten't French !

It's my brain on plain old fatigue and chocolate cake with custard...

I spent the hour-long trip home from a friend's place taking long-exposure pictures of the road ahead... That's all it is. It was 1 am by then, you're allowed to do stupid things like that after midnight :D
  42. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I couldn't see those either. :(
  43. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Love that last one katal!
  44. OmKranti Yogi Wench

See, I told you it was drugs.
  45. Rincewind Number One Doorman

46. Faerie New Member

47. Rincewind Number One Doorman

48. Katcal I Aten't French !

Where were those taken Faerie ? I have a friend who lives in French Guyana, near where the Ariane rockets take off, and he has seen quite a few launches, they are always amazing...
  49. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Yes, I can see those! Thank you. :)

They are quite impressive. What an awful lot of smoke those things make!
  50. Faerie New Member

They were taken in Florida.
  51. Electric_Man Templar

These might stretch the screen a little, so I've provided links. They have a slightly different theme to just about everybody else's pictures.

Picture 1
    Picture 2
    Picture 3
  52. Maljonic Administrator

Is the theme nicely cut grass?
  53. Delphine New Member

Rinso, that last picture of yours was hideous to the max. :shock:
  54. Rincewind Number One Doorman

...I was going on a date so I thought I'd make an effort.

Really, My flatemates filming a zombie epic and that was me on one of the days. The effects where amazing, thats not the best example of it but some of them kicked ass.
  55. Katcal I Aten't French !

katal yourself !

I agree, that last one looks great just above your sig :D
  56. Rincewind Number One Doorman

I tired but I couldn't gte my hands on enough garlic to french myself up.
  57. Electric_Man Templar

Actually, the grass was longer than it should've been. Your guess was close, though.

Better luck next time on.... Guess The Theme!
  58. Hsing Moderator

There are a lot of gifted photographers around. :) And Rinso, to an amateur like me you do look severely beaten up in your last picture...

Edit to add: More detailed comments tomorrow...
  59. Katcal I Aten't French !

I'd send you some garlic shower gel if I thought you knew how to use it...
  60. Katcal I Aten't French !

[IMG]
    Brad is Back !! :D