Radio adaptation of 'Night Watch'

Discussion in 'THE WATCH BOOKS' started by Mithras-Kosmokrator, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Mithras-Kosmokrator New Member

Next Wednesday, 27th February 2008, will start the BBC's dramatization of 'Night Watch'. Radio 4, 11.00pm.

Sam Vimes ...... Philip Jackson
    Young Sam ...... Carl Prekopp
    Carcer ...... Paul Ritter
    Fred Colon ...... Sam Dale
    Jocasta Wiggs ...... Clare Corbett
    Sergeant Knock ...... Matt Addis
    Dr Lawn ...... Ben Onwukwe
    Willikins ...... Peter Marinker

I don't know what most of the cast look like - Philip Jackson isn't quite right, but of course it's the voices which count. He has a long history of playing 'Men of the Polis' (as Carrot would say).

Presumably non-Brits and ex-pats will be able to listen over the internet ( Next Wednesday, 27th February 2008, will start the BBC's dramatization of 'Night Watch'. Radio 4, 11.00pm.

Sam Vimes ...... Philip Jackson
    Young Sam ...... Carl Prekopp
    Carcer ...... Paul Ritter
    Fred Colon ...... Sam Dale
    Jocasta Wiggs ...... Clare Corbett
    Sergeant Knock ...... Matt Addis
    Dr Lawn ...... Ben Onwukwe
    Willikins ...... Peter Marinker

I don't know what most of the cast look like - Philip Jackson isn't quite right, but of course it's the voices which count. He has a long history of playing 'Men of the Polis' (as Carrot would say).

Presumably non-Brits and ex-pats will be able to listen over the internet (BBC - Radio 4 - Home) using 'Listen Live' or (if that time isn't convenient) 'Listen Again'.

It's in 5 half-hour episodes, presumably on successive Wednesdays.using 'Listen Live' or (if that time isn't convenient) 'Listen Again'.

It's in 5 half-hour episodes, presumably on successive Wednesdays.
  2. davenport New Member

Did anyone listen to the radio play?? I thought it was quite good! Waiting for next week for episode 2.
  3. sebaileyuk New Member

I can't believe I missed the radio play. I will go have a look if I can hear it through the website - I really hope so.

If you have listened to it - what do you think? Good or disappointing?
  4. sebaileyuk New Member

I have been to look but have not been able to listen to it online with the BBC. I think I have left it too late. Does anyone know of anywhere else I can find to listen to it?
  5. davenport New Member

Yes, I just checked in the "listen again" section and it looks like it's gone. I heard it and liked it, but I found that the hunour of the book didn't come through. It was mostly focused on the drama of the time travel, Carcer and the rebellion. It could have been a little bit longer. It wrapped up the rebellion pretty quickly, which made it a bit hard to follow and much less poignant than the book. I'd give it a 7 out of 10.
  6. psychicdeath New Member

Does anyone know where it is available for download? I was able to get the first two episodes, but the links for episodes 3 through 5 are expired at the place I found.