Picture to share

Discussion in 'THE DEATH BOOKS' started by grizzly_choppers, Sep 5, 2007.

1. grizzly_choppers New Member

So I really joined the boards to share my leg upon the suggestion of my wife. Very few people in Iowa can appreciate it or even know what it is.

I gave my artist some of the standard Death of Rats artwork and told him to do his own adaptation (I also gifted him a copy of Reaper Man). I think it came out pretty well:

[IMG]

[IMG]

The Discworld imagry is very inspiring and I plan to use quite a few of its characters all over this leg. Death of Rats was the first. I tend to think it looks better in person.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

-Alex
  2. Stercus Stercus New Member

I love it. It looks just right.

What are you planning next?
  3. jaccairn New Member

It's a great picture. Did you shave that leg especially for the picture?
  4. Tephlon Active Member

Jaccairn: When you get a tattoo they need to shave that part of the body, otherwise the hairs get in the way.

Nice tattoo, man. Looks really good. You should take another pic in a month or so, when it's healed over more.

It's based on a Kidby picture, isn't it?

From Kidby's site: (HERE)
    Can I use your artwork as a Tattoo?
    Yes, but it is always courteous to ask first and we would appreciate seeing a photo of the finished work!
    (Almost at the end of the page.)
  5. jaccairn New Member

I didn't know that, though it seems logical once you explain.
  6. Hsing Moderator

Tephlon, interesting!

So, grizzly_choppers, did they get a picture? :)
  7. grizzly_choppers New Member

Thank you for the kind comments everybody.

Yes, these pics were taken immediately after the work was done. Notice the inky sock. I had it done about a month and a half ago but I'm a slow healer. I'll get some more shots when I'm all healed up.

When designing the artwork I sent the Kiby mouse mat pic to my artist and brought in my copy of The Last Hero. He took the ideas from that, i stressed the importance of the eyes and the lifetimer. He then got a better anitomical reference of a rat skull and drew it all up freehand while i watched.

Props to Kidby for the inspiration on this one and those to come.

I think the disc itself is next. I dont want it huge so I'm worried about the detail but i have faith in my artist. Suppose I'll post up when the time comes.

Keep the comments coming! Thanks!

-Alex
  8. Dullyr New Member

Looks awesome. I love the Death of Rats.
    :smile:
  9. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

That is a first class tattoo. Where did you get it done?
  10. grizzly_choppers New Member

11. Rewr New Member

Brilliant tat.

Have you healed up sufficiently for new photos?

Have you had any others done yet?

'fraid I'm chicken when it comes to needles/pain.
  12. cameronP New Member

tahts is great tattoo design, actully quite inspiritng and well designed you should be proud and relieved that it came off right