Non Abominations, or Good Stuff

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Delphine, Aug 25, 2005.

1. queenynci New Member

Spending a week in Wigtown (Scotlands Book Town) totally rocks :D
  2. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Getting my own room at work RAWCKS!!!
  3. chrisjordan New Member

*screams* :shock:
  4. sampanna New Member

[quote:645e3c07cd="Buzzfloyd"]Getting my own room at work RAWCKS!!![/quote:645e3c07cd]

Congratulations! umm .. for the room. Not the RAWCKS :)
  5. Delphine New Member

Has Grace been talking to Toaf, perchance? :)

Hmmmmmm.

Going to the pub "for an hour after work" is kind of cool. When said hour actually lasts about 5 hours, it becomes more than cool. When it turns into an impromptu house party afterwards, though... Now that rocks. :)
  6. Dane New Member

Discovering somthing outside of the rock genre as being worthy of my ears is good. in this case it's Mr scruff. theres no lyrics to sing along to (which I really like doing) but there is a really good tune to a lot of his stuff.

other cool things are meeting someone on the net that I really like (and she really likes me aswell, yey) and being able to meet up with them! huraa for the traford center! (also a very good reason to spent a lot more money than I have)

in related cool news: Discovering that I'm about to win £300 worth of an I-pod through a website! and it's for real! yey
  7. spiky Bar Wench

Last day of teaching for 2 weeks totally kicks arse :eek:

Spending the weekend at my dads, swimming and fishing and soaking up that coastal small town serenity also prods serious buttock...
  8. colonesque10 New Member

I get to drink all day Saturday because theres a rather large football match on, I love drinking excuses! 8)
  9. sleepy_sarge New Member

[quote:7a3c95d2f7="colonesque10"]I get to drink all day Saturday because theres a rather large football match on, I love drinking excuses! 8)[/quote:7a3c95d2f7]

I prefer drinking beer myself
  10. Delphine New Member

Ha, beat you Kenny. I'm staying in a pub for the whole weekend. Or, to be more specific, a B&B type thingy, but it's above a pub.

Ah, going away for the weekend is definitely not an abomination ;)
  11. colonesque10 New Member

[quote:cb6db827ff="Delphine"]Ha, beat you Kenny. I'm staying in a pub for the whole weekend. Or, to be more specific, a B&B type thingy, but it's above a pub.

Ah, going away for the weekend is definitely not an abomination ;)[/quote:cb6db827ff]

WOW! You'll never be more than 20 feet away from a beer pump, you lucky b*^#*$d... ;)

I prefer beer too sarge. But open your mind for one moment, imagine beer in one hand and football in the other, then put your hands together, perfection.

PS: A lucky star for anyone who can guess where I stole that quote from, or the jist of it anyway? :)
  12. Toaf New Member

Babyshambles rock!
  13. Electric_Man Templar

[quote:3666604b8b="colonesque10"]I prefer beer too sarge. But open your mind for one moment, imagine beer in one hand and football in the other, then put your hands together, perfection.[/quote:3666604b8b]

Wouldn't you:

a) Have very sticky fingers
    b) Probably puncture the ball
    and
    c) Look like a damn fool (more than usual in Kenny's case)

in conclusion... not [i:3666604b8b]quite[/i:3666604b8b] perfection.
  14. colonesque10 New Member

[quote:33d464fe08="Electric_Man"]
    Wouldn't you:

a) Have very sticky fingers
    b) Probably puncture the ball
    and
    c) Look like a damn fool (more than usual in Kenny's case)

in conclusion... not [i:33d464fe08]quite[/i:33d464fe08] perfection.[/quote:33d464fe08]

Why do you always have to spoil my dreams Ben? That time when I mentioned mixing jelly and face cream and selling it as a food that makes you look younger with every mouthfull, you ruined that money making idea. And the time you told me that it was impossible for badgers and humans to mate, there went another dream. :(
  15. Electric_Man Templar

Kenny, I wasn't the first to tell you about the impossibility of Badger-human hybrids. I remember at least a dozen senior biologists telling you as well, but you wouldn't accept their word would you, they had letters after their name which confused you, you thought they were "Peter's Hired Demons" didn't you. So in the end, I had to tell you.

Ladies and Gentlemen, it was not a pretty sight, then I told Kenny, and it only got uglier. Then Rinso appeared
  16. colonesque10 New Member

[quote:a4c2ce7205="Electric_Man"] Then Rinso appeared[/quote:a4c2ce7205]

This was indeed when it got truly ugly!

And as for the PHD thingies I obviously thought it was a hunter, who knew little or nothing about a badgers anatomy, but instead used his PHD (pig hunting device) to track down babe and eat the poor little fellas entrails.
  17. spiky Bar Wench

Jus as long as your not doing this with the badgers...

ps this is a true story. Scary huh?[/url]
  18. Tephlon Active Member

[quote:b32a0d2e67="Dane"]Discovering somthing outside of the rock genre as being worthy of my ears is good. in this case it's Mr scruff. theres no lyrics to sing along to (which I really like doing) but there is a really good tune to a lot of his stuff.[/quote:b32a0d2e67]

Yay for discovering Mr. Scruff/Electronic music that does not suck.

You should go through the backcatalog of Ninja Tune (Mr. Scruff's label)then. Also try Mo'Wax (another label).

It's funny. Most Rock people have this aversion against electronic music that stems from top 40 commercial europop. And then they discover something like the Ninja Tune label.... :) but there's no way of telling them to listen to it... they need to find it themselves.
  19. Cynical_Youth New Member

*gives Mr. Scruff a listen*

Meh, I prefer screeching distortion guitars.

Spending a few days exploring the world of music by giving every artist you come across a try rocks (within a given spectrum of course, which in this case is Sufjan Stevens to Dimmu Borgir).

*rocks out to The Exies*

The Exies rock!
  20. Andalusian New Member

Dimmu Borgir rock! I can never have too much metal.

Industrial music is my new love, so it rocks my socks majorly.

But also Bauhaus, Mudvayne and Crossfade are excellent.
  21. Freya New Member

Brothers rock! Especially those who swing by Krispy Kreme in Enfield for their dear little sister. mmmmmmm doughnuts.

Picking His Lordship up from the train who's staying home for at least a week (fingers-crossed). Hubbies rock!.
  22. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Krispy Kremes rock!
  23. Freya New Member

[quote:33f1338bb8="Rincewind"]Krispy Kremes rock![/quote:33f1338bb8]

A fellow "Friend of Krispy Kreme"!

Glazed Crullers Rock! No! Hang on! Chocolate Iced Kreme filled Rocks!

Who am I kidding? You were right, they all rock! I've just got to hold out until his return now. :p
  24. fairyliquid New Member

new keyboards rock!

So much easier to type with...now I just need to learn to spel! ;)
  25. TamyraMcG Active Member

Hubbies [b:9e0615fc54]do[/b:9e0615fc54]rock, mine even made dinner the other day! Krispie Kremes also rock (they have to ship them to Park Rapids but they still rock).
  26. redneck New Member

I haven't been to Krispy Kreme in a while, but I'll definately have to try out their Chocolate Iced Kreme filled Rocks.

Not working on Labor Day rocks. At least until the paycheck arrives, then it sucks.
  27. Bob New Member

[quote:95f3b0cd68="spiky"]Jus as long as your not doing this with the badgers...

ps this is a true story. Scary huh?[/quote:95f3b0cd68]

Very. I thought all company directors just went to Miss WhipLash types, not getting stoned and bumming bunnies.

It's a bit stupid for him to use his own credit-card to buy the rabbits, not to mention extremely sick..

~BoB~
  28. TamyraMcG Active Member

Not working on Labor Day and having be your regular day off and being paid for it anyway (Yea Union) rocks! Being so tired from working a twelve the day before doesn't rock, but going shopping and finding lots of good junk does( Yea Labor Day Sales).
  29. Toaf New Member

Bloc Party rock. And the last week of summer before school starts rocks!
  30. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Having my own room at work is turning out to rock muchly.
  31. spiky Bar Wench

[quote:9ab86a8ea8="Buzzfloyd"]Having my own room at work is turning out to rock muchly.[/quote:9ab86a8ea8]

I agree :) More people should have their own offices so they can do as little work as I do...and noone is around to notice :p
  32. Freya New Member

Rainforest soundtracks rock! Very serene and relaxing.

Although not for Miss HissyFit who doesn't like the thunder.
  33. mowgli New Member

E-mails are good. E-mails from, erm, abroad are VERRRRRY good.

::phew::
  34. Faerie New Member

No one coming to the library were I work today is a good thing. The password to get into the check in/check out program isn't working so no one would be able to check anything out anyway.
  35. sleepy_sarge New Member

Discovering the next morning that the hotel room you wearily checked into late last night has it's own terrace outside, surrounded by tropical vegetation and overlooking the South China Sea - and is within range of a wireless internet connection....pretty much rocks!
  36. fairyliquid New Member

sleep :) sleep is good :D
  37. Bob New Member

Remembering the carrier-bag of chocolate someone gave you is good

Not eating so much as to make you sick is also good.. ;)

~BoB~
  38. Faerie New Member

Me getting presents on my sister's birthday is awesometastic. My wonderful grandma believes I will feel left out if I don't get something. When we were little this was true, but now I'm not correcting her. :D
  39. Delphine New Member

Olofsson is an awsometastic name. Awesometastic is an awesometastic word. ;)
  40. Hsing Moderator

I agree to that. And a sunny and warm September after a rainy summer is awesomatatstic, too. I would have hated going into the winter without having had a few nice weeks and a little sunshine before the dark season.
  41. Faerie New Member

Awesometastic is awesometastic as is spaztastic and cracktastic.
  42. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

The Sims 2 Nightlife will finally be available in the UK on Friday. That rocks!
  43. Toaf New Member

Impending (well, three months away) birthdays rock!
  44. Faerie New Member

My birthday is in two months, having only 13 more Pterry books to get is awesometastic.
  45. Delphine New Member

My birthday's less than a year away!!!! :eek:
  46. Hermia New Member

Panicking all day about what to buy my mum for her birthday next week, then remembering just now that I've already bought her a present rocks!
  47. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

My birthday being next month rocks! I'd forgotten till you all reminded me. :)
  48. Andalusian New Member

Next week being the last week of school is so excellent that I just can't wait.
    Also, jigging sport lessons rocks because they suck.
  49. Tabatha New Member

having a bithday is bril :) having as many as I've had not so great :cry:

But I think I'll manage to struggle to the night out :D
  50. Toaf New Member

Spending an hour in the hammock in the sun doing nothing rocks mightily.
  51. Freya New Member

The arrival of my new CDs rocks!

....and, with their help, drifting off into a haze of 80s memories with animal print batwing sweaters, studded leather belts and fingerless lace gloves abound. (I really need to update my wardrobe.)
  52. Orrdos God

Work giving you free sky FOR A YEAR!

is pretty good.
  53. redneck New Member

Everyone but doors rocks.

Going to a restaurant with cute, flirty waitresses is awesome.
  54. Delphine New Member

Oho! Cute, flirty waitress, eh? >nudge nudge< ;) ;)

The iPod Nano is just - wow. So many easy to use features! So small! So pencil-thin!

I haven't got one. Which doesn't rock. But I want one!!!
  55. Bob New Member

The blonde swedish girl I was kissing tonight, definatly Nugganic light shining on me tonight :)

~Slightly drunk B:wink:B~
  56. Mynona Member

Bob, you're going to start some strange rumours about me...
  57. Bob New Member

[quote:9f0a71bcb1="Mynona"]Bob, you're going to start some strange rumours about me...[/quote:9f0a71bcb1]

Sure, Your wish is my command ..
    <Starts spreading rumours to Maljonic> :p

~Slightly Hung-over B:wink:B~
  58. Dane New Member

Revenge is good. the best feelings can only come of it, absolutly no bad :D I love revenge
  59. Freya New Member

In a little under twelve hours, I will be collecting His Lordship from the airport. THAT rocks. :D

......and he will be carrying a copy of "Thud"!
  60. Hermia New Member

[quote:302bcd88c4="Delphine"]The iPod Nano is just - wow. So many easy to use features! So small! So pencil-thin!

I haven't got one. Which doesn't rock. But I want one!!![/quote:302bcd88c4]

According to "Watchdog", which tells of how the batteries don't last anywhere near as long as they're supposed to, how Apple won't uphold the warranty if there's so much as a scratch on the casing, and how loads of Americans won a case against them but in England they're still denying there's a problem, the iPod Nano belongs in the Abominations thread.

However, Morrison's Hedgehog Bread rocks deliciously!

Edited to make the ridiculously long sentence make sense.