Non Abominations, or Good Stuff

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Delphine, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Delphine New Member

Words with the letter coupling "ae" in them are great. Very aesthetically pleasing, don't you think? ;)

The sound the Google Toolbar makes when it blocks a popup is very nice.

Pirates rock. Yaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

The Kaiser Chiefs album is excellent. As is the Gorillaz album. And Avantasia are really cool.

good stuff, anyone? This isn't a thread for Unhappy Bob. But he's welcome if it'll cheer him up.

:)
  2. Hex New Member

Yesterday me and my lovely boyfriend celebrated our six-month anniversary -- through e-cards and msn.

Therefore I am happy for msn and e-cards. And phones.

I'm also happy that school is almost here because I am bored off my butt and eating too much junk food. Curse you, Krispy Kremes! *shakes fist*

So yeah, woo hoo to the last year of high school!! Let's get it over with people, yay!! *parties*

3. QuothTheRaven New Member

My first name has "ae" in it.
  4. Toaf New Member

New CDs are good. The new M.I.A. album is really good. The Futureheads album is excellent. The White Stripes album is a bit of a let-down but still good.

And words with "oe" in them are good too. Oedipus. Onomatopoeic. :)
  5. Andalusian New Member

Random music that no one knows rocks! (go Orgy, Bright Eyes and Hawkwind)

Jigging assembly is also good.

Being able to mentally scar someone by just sitting there and grinning is also excellent.
  6. Toaf New Member

[quote:5e770de7b9="Andalusian"]Random music that no one knows rocks! (go Orgy, Bright Eyes and Hawkwind)[/quote:5e770de7b9]

I love Bright Eyes! :shock:
  7. Cynical_Youth New Member

Being able to play Tears in Heaven on my acoustic guitar is good.

The sound of my guitar amp on distortion is great.

The new Seether album rocks.

"How to start your own country" is good.

This thread and the words onomatopoeic and aesthetics also rule.
  8. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

No one knows Hawkwind?? Ah, the youth of today! :roll: ;)

The picture I drew last night for the next instalment of [i:ebfb5621ed]2001[/i:ebfb5621ed] prods buttock!
  9. Andalusian New Member

And for their superior music knowledge, the people on this board rock! :rock:
  10. Electric_Man Templar

[quote:a85fa61941="Buzzfloyd"]No one knows Hawkwind?? [/quote:a85fa61941]

That was one of the names I considered for Waterboard Down! Instead I went for Hawkesque...
  11. Freya New Member

The weather report; since it bodes well for a gathering on Sunday.

The Robin in my pear tree; a beautiful dawn chorus this morning.

The smell of fresh laundry, straight off the line.

Ivan_the_terrible; whose answer to the age question in the introductions reminded me of Kirsty MacColl and my need to buy her "best of" album.

[size=9:df819e0724](I'm easy to please!)[/size:df819e0724]
  12. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Freya's screen name, because it reminds me of the Irish wolfhound called Freya that my parents used to have.

Irish wolfhounds. They rock the Kasbah. (What is the Kasbah, and why does it get rocked?)
  13. Rincewind Number One Doorman

As far as I know (and I [i:9e38aac8fe]may[/i:9e38aac8fe] have just invented this) it's like a heream and it gets rocked for some reason that a good catholic boy like me wouldn't know about but according to popular music it's something that birds, bees and educated flees do. I can only presume it means fly.
  14. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I see... You learn so many new things when you hang around with Doormen!

Doormen rock! (But not the Kasbah.)
  15. sleepy_sarge New Member

Actually it originally meant a castle or palace. Latterly it just refers to the older, central part of a city, particularly a large square.
    [i:c3d430c40d]
    By order of the prophet
    We ban that boogie sound
    Degenerate the faithful
    With that crazy Casbah sound
    But the Bedouin they brought out
    The electric camel drum
    The local guitar picker
    Got his guitar picking thumb
    As soon as the shereef
    Had cleared the square
    They began to wail

Shereef don't like it
    Rockin' the Casbah
    Rock the Casbah
    Shereef don't like it
    Rockin' the Casbah
    Rock the Casbah[/i:c3d430c40d]

Which was wayyyy too much information - sorry!
  16. Toaf New Member

The Casbah (i've always seen it spelled like that, but I have no idea which spelling is correct) is a sort of building, usually a harem (yay Rincewind) present in old Arab cities. AND THE CLASH ROCK! (the Casbah)

Edit:d'oh! crossposted with Sleepysarge, who also outposted me. :(
    Edit again to say that I edited to mention the crossposting.

EDIT AGAIN!
    This is a (k)casbah:
    [img:e30d7b08c1]http://www.mwenda.com/Morocco/58SCasbah.jpg[/img:e30d7b08c1]
  17. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Hence the well known arabain phrase "when this Kasbars a rockin', don't come a knockin"
  18. fudgecake New Member

[quote:3006a2461b="sleepy_sarge"]Shereef don't like it
    Rockin' the Casbah
    Rock the Casbah
    Shereef don't like it
    Rockin' the Casbah
    Rock the Casbah[/quote:3006a2461b]

Ah, sleepy_sarge, I'm going to have that stuck in my head all day now! Graa. :lol:

Anyway, mobile phones are great at the moment, because it allows three of my friends to text me in the space of 20 minutes and make me feel loved! (although to be quite frank they also suck because they texted at 9:30 in the holidays... I was happily in the Land of Nod at this time!)

Also my friend Bethany rocks because today she is no longer a dweeb. It's her birthday! Which means that until my birthday she's the same age as me, and not a dweeb! Huzzah! :D

Edited to add that little brothers rock... most of the time. :lol: **hugs little bro**
  19. Toaf New Member

Before this thread turns into Casbah Discussions 101, I would like to add that pancakes rock. Especially with lots of maple syrup.

Edit.. I proclaim that today is officially Toaf Is Crossposting Day. I thank you.
  20. Perdita New Member

Today is payday. This rocks.

On Saturday I book my holiday to an as yet unknown destination. Holidays Rock.

On Sunday I go to a Festival (think it's called a 'mela') in my local park. Festivals Rock.

Edit for clarification
  21. sleepy_sarge New Member

Causing several people all across the globe to be humming the same infuriating tune rocks

Forgetting you switched off your phone for a meeting this morning, thereby allowing you uninterrupted board time rocks

The fact that this thread has so much energy, therefore lots of people are happy about lots of different things. rocks

and yayyy for everyones musical tastes!
  22. Rincewind Number One Doorman

The title of this thread should clearly be called 'this that rock!'

Also going to the Zoo rocks. Which i hopefully will be doing tomorrow.

Monkey exibitions rock!
  23. sleepy_sarge New Member

[quote:7e49a12fff="Rincewind"]The title of this thread should clearly be called 'this that rock!'

Also going to the Zoo rocks. Which i hopefully will be doing tomorrow.

Monkey exibitions rock![/quote:7e49a12fff]

If you see a baboon with one very small shoe, then you know who it belongs to......
  24. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

We so have to do a London Zoo Doormencon soon!

Port Lympne Animal Park rocks! That's where I want to go with Garner this weekend. He wants to go to see the Mary Rose. That also rocks!
  25. Ivan_the_terrible New Member

Ahr, monkey-lover!

You shouldn't be allowed to visit Zoos and circuses. :!:

P.S. Your new avatar realy rocks!

P.P.S. all goes to Rinso. :roll:
  26. Rincewind Number One Doorman

My new 'little red x' avatar? Oh yeah, it's all the rage.

The zoo will rock big time. It depends on the weather, if it's a crap day, it's too the tate modern to act pretentous and laugh at modern art that i don't understand!
  27. Delphine New Member

[quote:139048b217="Buzzfloyd"]

The picture I drew last night for the next instalment of [i:139048b217]2001[/i:139048b217] prods buttock!

[/quote:139048b217]

Ooh, Grace, I think I saw that picture last night. It is excellent! Would it be a spoiler if I told you what my favourite part of it was? ;)

edited to add the quote, damn you invisipage!
  28. Delphine New Member

Also, a zoo dmc would rock. Howletts, i think, has the biggest gorrilarium (I'm sure that's the word) in the country. Gorillas rock.

Also, alton towers. That would be great. In fact, I'm going there in about a month for a friends birthday. We get to go in an hour before it opens to everyone else. ROCK.
  29. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

[quote:c5cf1473cf="Delphine"][quote:c5cf1473cf="Buzzfloyd"]

The picture I drew last night for the next instalment of [i:c5cf1473cf]2001[/i:c5cf1473cf] prods buttock!

[/quote:c5cf1473cf]

Ooh, Grace, I think I saw that picture last night. It is excellent! Would it be a spoiler if I told you what my favourite part of it was? ;)

edited to add the quote, damn you invisipage![/quote:c5cf1473cf]
    Thank you! I am keeping it for a surprise, but please PM and tell me your favourite bit, because I am very proud of it! :)
  30. OmKranti Yogi Wench

Still having money in my bank account when payday rolls around rocks plentiful.

Guns & Roses 'November Rain' rocks, especially the really long live version with Slash wailing on the guitar and crap. That rocks.

Not caring that everyone will think I'm lame for liking Guns & Roses rocks.

*rocks out* :rock:
  31. Perdita New Member

[quote:d759e41de8="OmKranti"]Still having money in my bank account when payday rolls around rocks plentiful.

Guns & Roses 'November Rain' rocks, especially the really long live version with Slash wailing on the guitar and crap. That rocks.

Not caring that everyone will think I'm lame for liking Guns & Roses rocks.

*rocks out* :rock:[/quote:d759e41de8]

Not to worry. I agree. Those rockers 'rock' well that song does anyway. I'll join your lame gang. Kinda like a chain gang, but not.
  32. colonesque10 New Member

2 for 1 offers on Doritos and dip rocks!

The new board rocks!

Drinking till no-one remembers your name rocks! :)
  33. Hex New Member

International phone calls that only cost 7 cents a minute rock so hard! :prayer: All hail the phone!
  34. Saccharissa Stitcher

Coffee rocks.
  35. Andalusian New Member

The new Franz Ferdinand single rocks! :supz:
  36. Toaf New Member

British Sea Power, Hexstatic, and Fischerspooner rock!
  37. sleepy_sarge New Member

[quote:96f4aaa44f="Saccharissa"]Coffee rocks.[/quote:96f4aaa44f]

Yes it does!

Also the new google talk messenger thingy rocks
  38. spiky Bar Wench

The finish of Friday is fabulous, with nothing but the weekend ahead *bliss* :D
  39. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I worked through my lunch hour earlier this week in case of having to take time off to go to the doctor. I didn't, so now I have a spare hour and a half and can go home at half past three! That rocks!
  40. Toaf New Member

Doing obligatory maths and latin early in the morning then having the rest of the day all blissful and empty ROCKS.
  41. Perdita New Member

Monday Bank Holiday Rocks
  42. Freya New Member

Sunshine

Catching up with an old friend on Messenger this morning and organising a get-together.

Getting closer to that fateful day when Amazon will send my Kirsty MacColl & Gin Blossoms cds.

...definitely rocks!
  43. Splang New Member

Sunshine absolutely rocks

The first couple of days of consistent sunshine in three months rock

The end of winter rocks, hooray!
  44. Toaf New Member

The Northern Hemisphere rocks. ;)
  45. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

The hint of Autumn [i:c4c27faf61]totally[/i:c4c27faf61] rocks! I love Autumn.
  46. sleepy_sarge New Member

Sodding off home early to "work from home" rocks

Playing some of the music suggested in the band thread really loud while "working from home" also rocks!
  47. fudgecake New Member

sleepy_sarge rocks for sodding off home! **applause** :D
  48. sleepy_sarge New Member

And (because I'm home) I don't have to use skanky old IE and can have everything organised in Firefox tabs - which rocks!!
  49. fudgecake New Member

Getting lots of treats because I had to get my stiches out today rocks! (Bacon sarnies for lunch - bring it on)

Big fluffy jumpers rock. :D So soft... :lol:
  50. Toaf New Member

Decorating one's entire room while listening to the new Sufjan Stevens CD rocks in an extreme manner. :rock:
  51. Mooseman New Member

The Bestest Band thread ROCKS! I'm getting a lot of songs/bands from that one! :D

Edit to change rules into rocks. everyone is saying rocks!!
  52. fudgecake New Member

That is because the word "rocks" rocks. :D

Moosey rocks. Just 'coz. :lol:
  53. Orrdos God

5pm on a Friday.
  54. Orrdos God

Oh, also:

Meatball sub from Subway.

The sandwich of kings!

55. Cynical_Youth New Member

A double episode of The Simpsons.

Puppies running around the backyard.
  56. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Going to the Zoo Rocks. Bigtime.
  57. Andalusian New Member

My Dad letting me play music late at night and stay up all night watching guest programmed Rage rocks!

My Dad rocks! :supz:
  58. fairyliquid New Member

friends rock, as do late birthday presents (ezpecially when they come a month after your birthday because the you are NOT expecting it)
  59. Ivan_the_terrible New Member

60. Perdita New Member

Booking my holiday to Barcelona rocks