Missing the Tripod comics? Can't draw?

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Hsing, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Hsing Moderator

2. Orrdos God

I miss tripod!

I can't draw!

It looks like this is the thing for me!
  3. Ba Lord of the Pies

Stop fooling around and get the blasted site up, kilted failure!
  4. Katcal I Aten't French !

Katcal agrees with Ba. Doors should remove his digits from his pleated plaided rear end and use them for making more tripod. Having washed them beforehand, obviously.
  5. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Damn straight!
  6. Garner Great God and Founding Father

The Garner and Roman Show: (inspired by real life events)

Panel 1: Garner and Roman in a Jewish Deli, Garner not looking best pleased, but wearing a skull cap to fit in.
    Garner: So, the Rabbi says, 'Let's throw it all into the air, and what God wants, he can keep!'
    Roman: I'm missing some context here, but it's still funny.

Panel 2: As above, but Garner's looking angrier
    Garner: So the husband says, 'Wrecked him? It nearly killed him!'
    Roman: Hmm, we could do with some more details about the husband's background to really sell the joke.

Panel 3: As above, but Garner's approaching Ba level, complete with the eyes.
    Garner: And the customer replies, 'What, you think I asked for a twelve inch pianist?'
    Roman: It's okay, but I'm not really feeling it.

Panel 4: Garner standing at the table, holding a smoking gun, with Ba behind him. Roman's chair has been tipped onto its back, along with Roman, now bleeding
    Ba: Although the Ba understands, and to a lesser extent agrees with Garner, Garner knows how Ba feels about wasting his clergy and/or snacks.
    Garner: Ah, just put him in the freezer.
    Ba: Agreed. It is how Roman would have wanted to go.
  7. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Panel 1: Colonesque, in evening wear, edging his way along a lavish hotel hallway
    Caption: (flanked by music notes) When danger lurks, when trouble calls/He has his quirks, he sometimes falls/He's the...

Panel 2: As before, but now Colonesque is framed by crosshairs, the rest of the panel is blacked out outside the sights
    Caption: The Doorman! (in Technicolour!)

Panel 3: Outside the front door to the hotel, we see the name of the building is the Hotel Garner. Colonesque is in a bellboy's uniform. Sachrissa is going into the hotel.
    Colonesque: Welcome to Hotel Garner, enjoy your stay!

Panel 4: as above, Colonesque on his own by the door, Garner looking out from a window above.
    Colonesque: I love spying I do.
    Garner: You're not a goddamn spy, you're the fucking doorman! Get back to work!
    Colonesque: I am too a spy, me.
  8. Katcal I Aten't French !

I really like that second one I must say... :D
  9. Tephlon Active Member

I don't get the second one. Am I missing some context?

;-)
  10. Hsing Moderator

Hehe... :razz: