Members' News 2

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Hsing, Feb 2, 2010.

1. spiky Bar Wench

As you may have seen on fb I'm getting awfully close to (finally) finishing my PhD (partly) on DW fandom... Just thought I'd check if there was any interest in me posting the full 80,000+ word version for your perusal (torture)?
  2. Katcal I Aten't French !

3. Maljonic Administrator

Sounds great, must be unique too - can't be many/any other people who've done a PHD on the same subject?
  4. spiky Bar Wench

There's been PhD's on the literary analysis of the books but I'm the only one to look at the fans. A second last draft will be fully collated by the end of the week. I will make this available to you guys. I have written the acknowledgements which includes:

"The brand community members of the Discworld and Brumbies club were awesome. Your willingness to help, your humour and actual interest made the data collection phase the best part of this research process. You made me laugh and cry, but always you always made it interesting. I would especially like to acknowledge Tempus Fugitive who was lost to war before his time. Lest we forget."

I though it was appropriate.
  5. mazekin Member

I for one look forward to reading it!
  6. OldStoneface New Member

Hi all! I'm a new member of this board but a long-time Pratchett fan. My favorite story-arcs are 1) Death, 2) City Watch, 3) Witches and then everything else!

I had a plot bunny bouncing around in my head for almost 10 years based around Thief of Time and the character of Myria LeJean, and in the last 8 months put pen to paper and wrote a 60,000 word fanfiction based on that character as well as two vignettes.

Good to find an active Discworld discussion board!
  7. Maljonic Administrator

Hello OldStoneface . :)
  8. OldStoneface New Member

Hi there! What's the good word?
  9. Maljonic Administrator

I'm very well thank you. :)
  10. OldStoneface New Member

It's a bit quiet around here, eh? I do have a question. Why is Thief of Time in with the "misc" books? I always saw that as a Death story arc because Susan Sto Helit is a primary character and Death has a secondary role in it.
  11. Maljonic Administrator

I know it is described as a Death book by some, so I'm not quite sure why we didn't - it was so long ago. :)