Marmite!!!!

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Willmolly3, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Willmolly3 New Member

Do you love it or hate it? I want to here you views.

To see if Marmite provails over the haters!!
  2. Electric_Man Templar

This forum is for issues relating to the board's wellbeing. This should be moved to the Boardania forum.

And marmite is horrible.
  3. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Done.

Marmite is as unloved as Doors.
  4. Willmolly3 New Member

Sorry!! are you able to move it for me?? Newbies hey!! Gotta love em!
  5. Willmolly3 New Member

You gotta vote on it then or Love will provail!!
  6. Electric_Man Templar

[quote:84795221e9="Willmolly3"]Newbies hey!! Gotta love em![/quote:84795221e9]

Hmm, can we change this poll to vote from Marmite to Newbies?
  7. Willmolly3 New Member

I am a newbie, so no!!
  8. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Nah,no point. That poll would be to predictable.
  9. Maljonic Administrator

Marmite is like devil's excrement and flu mucous deposits cunningly mixed and served via a jar; though [i:1baa11046b]a[/i:1baa11046b] marmite is a nice little cooking pot. :)
  10. Smoking_GNU New Member

I would just like to say:

1) I like marmite, allthough it has been some time since i last ate it and

2) Will, calm down. You are just starting here, as am i, so don't try to mak too big a splash. You are still a newbit, and i am fresh out of newbithood, and we need to know our place and show some respect for the people here.

Don't worry. I made the same mistake when i first got here.
  11. Willmolly3 New Member

Again I have apologised!! And no longer Newbit thanks!
  12. Rincewind Number One Doorman

This is new board but an old community, some of us have been part of it for many years, it takes more than just 50 posts to stop being a newbit I'm afraid. It's not the number of posts you make, but the type of posts you make. Sorry, If i sound stern with you, I'm just making the a point.
  13. Willmolly3 New Member

Point taken and Will show more respect! :idea:
  14. Tephlon Active Member

Will: 50 post does not a member make.
    I know it says so under your name, but that's just a feature of the board.

Making 50 posts that are meaningful and not gibberish might earn you some respect, but you'll have to work really hard on it, because right now you are giving us the impression of a immature little brat with too much time on his hands. First impressions are hard to overcome.

I would suggest reading a bit, try to not use this board as a sandbox and only post serious reactions for a while. You might earn the right to be silly. We did.

Edit: Crossposted with Rinso & 50 posts, not 30... d'oh
  15. Willmolly3 New Member

Now was there any need for that! I can only apologise so much!!! I have held my hands up that I was wrong now give me a break!
  16. Smoking_GNU New Member

[quote:efb60bdb46="Tephlon"]Will: 30 post does not a member make.
    I know it says so under your name, but that's just a feature of the board.

Making 30 posts that are meaningful and not gibberish might earn you some respect, but you'll have to work really hard on it, because right now you are giving us the impression of a immature little brat with too much time on his hands. First impressions are hard to overcome.

I would suggest reading a bit, try to not use this board as a sandbox and only post serious reactions for a while. You might earn the right to be silly. We did.[/quote:efb60bdb46]

Like i said: I also have a long road to go.

And i am only giving you some suggestions.

PS: It seems we are on the loosing site with the marmite here will.
  17. Willmolly3 New Member

I dont think anyone gets my humour here
  18. Trollmother New Member

My youngest daughter brought marmite back from England because she loved it. I found it inedible
  19. Willmolly3 New Member

Marmite is lossing!! :cry:
  20. sampanna New Member

[quote:8cf0c52e9d="Willmolly3"]Now was there any need for that! I can only apologise so much!!! I have held my hands up that I was wrong now give me a break![/quote:8cf0c52e9d]

Just a quick note: as you know, people here are spread over the globe, so there can be moments when people cross-post (as Tephlon did) .. so he replied without realizing that someone had already addressed you. He wasn't trying to pick on you, though it may appear so.

So relax, and enjoy yourself .. the easiest way to do this is to imitate Rinso. All you need do is jump up and down on your chair making whooping noises. It helps if you scratch your armpits.
  21. Willmolly3 New Member

LOL Will do, and thanks for your kind advice!!
  22. Tephlon Active Member

[quote:7de6126c0a="Willmolly3"]Now was there any need for that! I can only apologise so much!!! I have held my hands up that I was wrong now give me a break![/quote:7de6126c0a]

Ah, the joy of crossposting. I took more than 5 minutes to write a reply, Rincewind posted before I could post. That will not stop me from making a point. This is *not* a live chat. People are going to voice their opinions even after your apology.

I'm glad you apologized.

As for your and our sense of humour:
    People may not get your kind of humour because [b:7de6126c0a]we don't know you[/b:7de6126c0a].
    Do you walk up to people in pubs and start spouting silly jokes?

PS: I'm about to log off so you won't get a reaction from me anytime soon. Maybe tonight if I feel the need.
  23. Willmolly3 New Member

I am not going to bite. comment taken on board!
  24. Rincewind Number One Doorman

[quote:220a2e78ac="sampanna"]

So relax, and enjoy yourself .. the easiest way to do this is to imitate Rinso. All you need do is jump up and down on your chair making whooping noises. It helps if you scratch your armpits.[/quote:220a2e78ac]

You could also imitate Samps, though this mostly entails becoming a girl.
  25. Smoking_GNU New Member

Hint: lay off the exclamation marks a little.

You sound like an exited young puppy (without the incontinence). *yip yip yip*

:lol: :D :lol:
  26. sampanna New Member

[quote:5b1fbec6ac="Rincewind"][quote:5b1fbec6ac="sampanna"]

So relax, and enjoy yourself .. the easiest way to do this is to imitate Rinso. All you need do is jump up and down on your chair making whooping noises. It helps if you scratch your armpits.[/quote:5b1fbec6ac]

You could also imitate Samps, though this mostly entails becoming a girl.[/quote:5b1fbec6ac]

That reminds me, I need that black off-shoulder dress back Rinso. You do [b:5b1fbec6ac]not[/b:5b1fbec6ac] look pretty in it!
  27. Electric_Man Templar

[quote:a178ff33a0="Tephlon"]I took more than 5 minutes to write a reply[/quote:a178ff33a0]

Willmolly, this is something you seriously need to imitate. You don't seem to put any kind of thought into your responses you just rush them out on instinct. Take a bit of time on your posts, think about how they might come across. Delaying them by a few minutes isn't going to matter, this is a message board, we'll see it anyway.
  28. Rincewind Number One Doorman

[quote:37053665de="sampanna"]
    That reminds me, I need that black off-shoulder dress back Rinso. You do [b:37053665de]not[/b:37053665de] look pretty in it![/quote:37053665de]

Thats not what that blind sailor said!
  29. Pepster New Member

Marmite pft, vegemites the real stuff.

[quote:5250fef161="Willmolly3"]Now was there any need for that! I can only apologise so much!!! I have held my hands up that I was wrong now give me a break![/quote:5250fef161]

Its called tough love.

Now before this continues further take on the above considerations. They will help.
  30. Pixel New Member

OK, folks, Willmolly3 is doing the "bouncy puppy" bit, but I think ->this <-should give him a little bit of credit on the kudos account - he clearly recognises where the really important Pratchett-oriented community happens.
    Edited because links in text are not always obvious with the current colour scheme - Mal - can this be modified?
  31. Hsing Moderator

[quote:d2bec95442="Rincewind"][quote:d2bec95442="sampanna"]
    That reminds me, I need that black off-shoulder dress back Rinso. You do [b:d2bec95442]not[/b:d2bec95442] look pretty in it![/quote:d2bec95442]

Thats not what that blind sailor said![/quote:d2bec95442]

... :D
  32. Ecksian New Member

[quote:666adad827="Pepster"]Marmite pft, vegemites the real stuff. [/quote:666adad827]

Amen brother. Nothing washes down a meat pie floater like a Vegemite thickshake.
  33. Smoking_GNU New Member

[quote:6902bf09cf="Ecksian"]Amen brother. Nothing washes down a meat pie floater like a Vegemite thickshake.[/quote:6902bf09cf]

OMG!!! :vom:
  34. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I thought Marmite and Vegemite were the same thing with different names?
  35. Ecksian New Member

Only to the untrained pallete, there are quite distinct differences to anyone that enjoys either of them.
  36. OmKranti Yogi Wench

I believe one (Marmite) is made of yeast and one (Vegimite) is made of vegetables.

I like marmite on cheese toast.
  37. Smoking_GNU New Member

Marmite is mate from yeast extract yes, but also has meat extract components (i'm not exactly sure wat i ment here, so bear with me please). Vegmite is the vegetairian option, unless i am very much mistaken (they taste differently?).
  38. colonesque10 New Member

Marmite is foul. It really deserves to be put in the dungeon dimensions actually. It tastes like mud, and not the nice kind of mud you get after a downpour on a humid summers night. :)
  39. janible New Member

For the Marmite ignorant, could someone describe it in more depth? Like, are we talking a spread of some type, or something that is sliced up, like Spam? (From the distance, we hear men's rousing voices: spam, spam, spam, spam)
  40. Maljonic Administrator

It's a yukky brown/black spread in a little jar, looks like a horrible underwear accident on toast but loved by many, well some, a few, maybe? :)
  41. janible New Member

I shouldn't vote, since I was clueless about it, but by your description, I would give it a thumbs down! :cooler:
  42. Bob New Member

[img:48e2a3bb92]http://ilforno.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/marmite.jpg[/img:48e2a3bb92]

I'm sure we can club together and ship some of the foul stuff your way, and get it out of the country :)
    Here is some info on what it's made of, and how it's made

Personally, I'd rather gargle diarrhea than eat this foul stuff - which would probably approximate the taste quite well.

~B:wink:B~
  43. Pepster New Member

[quote:707954beab="Buzzfloyd"]I thought Marmite and Vegemite were the same thing with different names?[/quote:707954beab]

The important difference is that while vegemite tastes foul, and hence is only inflicted on small children. Marmite tastes much much worse.
  44. Ecksian New Member

[quote:fefa8dfcaf="OmKranti"]I believe one (Marmite) is made of yeast and one (Vegimite) is made of vegetables.
    [/quote:fefa8dfcaf]

Actually, they are both made from brewers yeast and vegetable extracts.
    In theory it's almost as Buzzfloyd said, same thing, different name but in practice they taste quite different. Smoking_GNU is half right, Marmite does have a meaty tase but doesn't contain any meat products, while Vegemite has a taste that is almost impossible to describe without useing the words bitter and salty.
    It's been a long time since I encountered Marmite (once was one time too many) but Vegemite has a consistancy like tar, and is best served on bread or toast.

Vegemite is also the most vitamin rich food in the world, having 600% more vitamins than anything else. The recommended serving size is 5g.