Looking for a movie

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by redneck, Jul 1, 2009.

1. redneck New Member

I watched a movie with my grandmother several times that featured an antique car show/race across England. The name of the movie is the car's name, which is a double female name, such as Anna Beth, but older and more regal sounding.

I can't remember the name of the film, but would like to buy it as a good memory shared with my grandmother. I do remember us laughing a good bit throughout the movie. There were several movies that we used to watch together, but this is the only one that has completely eluded my memory. Does any of this ring a bell with anyone? Would greatly appreciate a nudge in the right direction.
  2. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Only one I can think of was called 'Genivieve' featuring a Darracq. Made in 1953 and especially notable for the theme tune played on an Harmonica.

Try this link... HERE or HERE on You Tube
    And another HERE

Isn't insomnia a useful thing ? :D
  3. redneck New Member

Fantastic! Thank you so much, Joc. I really owe you one.
  4. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

My pleasure. It was, in fact still is, a terrific film. British comedy at its best. :wink:
  5. redneck New Member

It was one of the last films my grandmother and I watched together. Brings back a lot of good memories and also a little heartache. I really miss our discussions, but I really miss sitting and watching old movies with her. We had very similar tastes in movies.