Last viewed post

Discussion in 'THE TEMPLE' started by redneck, Jun 21, 2007.

1. redneck New Member

I've been absent for a while and I'm trying to read the backlog, but whenever I go back to a thread I have to find the page I was on and then find where I got to in the thread. Is there a way to click something that will take me to the last post I read in that particular thread?
  2. Katcal I Aten't French !

I thought of something like this a while ago, a link to your last contribution in a thread, so you can start by seeing if anyone answered what you said... But as far as I know, there isn't anything that exists for this kind of board that does that simply... But then Mal is the expert here, I may, for a change, be totally wrong. :biggrin:
  3. Electric_Man Templar

You can find all posts by yourself in your profile, which has links to them too.

I would guess Redneck's idea is also possible, given that the board knows which threads that new posts have arrived since you were last online. Would be useful, especially if you are absent for a long time or a thread moves quickly.
  4. Katcal I Aten't French !

Well yes, there's the New posts link which tells you which ones have been posted since you were last online, and the list of your own posts in your profile, but I know what redneck means, it would be neat to have just a little button on each post that would go to the last post you had seen/written in that post, it would save some hassle, but I'm not sure that exists...
  5. Maljonic Administrator

If you click on the number of replies number next to a thread, for instance 2,687 next to the members news thread, you get a lovely list of posters and how many posts they've made in that thread... then if you click the number on the right of your username you get a list of all your posts in that thread, with your last one at the top.
  6. Katcal I Aten't French !

ooooh, neat ! I never tried that, thanks Mal !
  7. Electric_Man Templar

I'm always astounded by the amount of hidden features on here - an easter egg hunter would have a field day.

Anyway, forgive me if I've got this wrong, but I think Nate would like a feature where he could start (re-)reading a thread from the last post he saw, which may not necessarily be his own.
    Is it possible to incorporate that, Mal?
  8. Maljonic Administrator

It sounds like he needs the "go to first new post" button, a tiny little square to the very left of threads with new posts in since you last looked.
  9. jaccairn New Member

So it does! I thought they were just decorative bullet points.

Mal, do you have a guide anywhere of what does what?
  10. Katcal I Aten't French !

*tries it*

Wow ! it works ! Duuuuude awsome !
  11. Maljonic Administrator

You mean the source of all my powers? No, sorry.
  12. Katcal I Aten't French !

I guess we'll have to just use the prime directive : If you don't know what it does, poke it and find out.
  13. Maljonic Administrator

Ah, you've already seen the guide!
  14. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Awesome, Mal!
  15. Electric_Man Templar

*repeats self* Are you sure that little box was there before?
  16. redneck New Member

Thanks, Mal. It works like a charm.