just saying hello

Discussion in 'INTRODUCTIONS AND AVATAR TESTING' started by hitchhiker42, Aug 6, 2006.

1. hitchhiker42 New Member

ummm hello!

my name's colette, i've filled in that questionaire on the sticky thread but thought i'd better say hello on the board too...

my favourite book is the light fantastic, and i'm offically far too fond of rincewind. :oops: i'm also in desperate need of a luggage. *looks around*

nice to meet you all i'm sure.
  2. Katcal I Aten't French !

Welcome Colette !

Hope you have fun here, feel free to wander around and poke things, and don't be too surprised if some poke you back...

We have our own Rincewind here, and we are all very fond of him. In human-monkey sort of way. Don't poke him, he bites.

(sorry, it's 6am on a sunday and I can't sleep, brain's not up yet, fingers directly connected to left eye, take no notice.)
  3. KaptenKaries New Member

Does poking your left eye help with lost sleep?
  4. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Hi Colette. Welcome to the boards. :)
  5. Katcal I Aten't French !

No, it just hurts. No I did not try this before answering :D
  6. hitchhiker42 New Member

thank you for the welcome. :)

hope your eye is better?
  7. hitchhiker42 New Member

umm question?

what's with the pirates? is it a 'thing' or just a coincidence?
  8. chrisjordan New Member

This is a pirate fetish community. Isn't that what you signed up for?
  9. Hsing Moderator

Heh! :D Seeing Buzzfloyd's, Katcal's and KaptenKaries' avatars in one row raises such questions... doesn't it?

Don't worry. The knowledge comes with time!
    And welcome!
  10. fairyliquid New Member

better than a sock obsession.

Welcome hitchhiker42/colette!
  11. Orrdos God

12. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Pirates are lame.

Civil engineers are where it's at!
  13. Katcal I Aten't French !

Civil engineers with socks on their hands !

:D

Nah, it's because of a game going on right now that involves pirates (see Boardania, can't be bothered to look for the link right now... ) and also because pirates Yarr cool :D
  14. KaptenKaries New Member

Pirates were where it's at, back in the days when I was the only one sporting the fancy theme.

I'm not telling anyone this time about my secret space cowboy theme I'm working on.
  15. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I'd like to point out that I'm reusing an avatar I had back on the old boards... :p ;)
  16. hitchhiker42 New Member

hello other people thank you for your welcome too... :)
    umm... what's wrong with a sock obsession? *looks shifty*
  17. fairyliquid New Member

absolutely nothing, as you shall see by my avatar - a sock called Mrs. Bug - She's there for any emotional problems one might have and is good at asking how everone feels.
  18. hitchhiker42 New Member

*says hello to mrs bug as well... it's only polite*