Isaiah 9:6

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, May 25, 2009.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Michael Augustus Garner born 22/05/09 at 13:13. Mother and baby continue to recover from the ordeal. Father continues to panic when unable to identify reason behind baby's cries.
  2. Hsing Moderator

Maybe it is because you put the government on his shoulders rightaway? :razz:
    Again, congratulations and careful hugs to all three of you!
  3. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

4. mazekin Member

Yaaay, congratulations Garners!!!!

Michael is an adorable baby - possibly the cutest I've seen so far:)
  5. TamyraMcG Active Member

Garner, you'll figure most of the reasons soon, some though will always be mysterious, so after you do all the basics like feed, change, look for pokey stuff in his clothes, try to joke him out of it, blow hard in his face to see if you can startle him out of it, check for fever or stiffness. well sometimes you just have to lay him in his crib and walk away. Sometimes we all have to cry. You can't spoil him by holding him at this stage or by picking him up at the first peep even, that just helps him know he is safe and he will just get less demanding as he is sure he will be taken care of. He may get low altitude disease from time to time, but it really isn't that bad to have to walk around with a baby for a while. When you can tell he's doing it on purpose is when the fun really begins. I'm sure you will be a great dad and I agree with Mazekin he may be the cutest ever. I'd say you may just have to invest in anti-girl devices right away.
  6. Hsing Moderator

Aw, I don't believe that spoiling is an issue yet. Their thinking processes are too basic and instinctive ("Don't leave me alone or the tiger will come and eat me!") to be tarnished by conclusions during the first months. Just do what your guts tell you to do, in a few weeks you'll have more than a clue.
  7. jaccairn New Member

Congratulations Clay and Grace! I'll have to wait until I get home to see the pictures as work has blocked face book. I'm sure your ear will adjust to what cry means what very soon.
  8. spiky Bar Wench

Congrats guys. Thats great news!

Why crying:

1. Hungry
    2. Wet/dirty nappy
    3. Pissed at the world
    4. Hungry
  9. Katcal I Aten't French !

Sounds like a male Garner all right... :D
    Congrats to the three of you, and welcome to this crazy world young Michael. You won't ever get used to it, but it will grow on you eventually.
  10. randywine Member

Congrats guys.

R.
  11. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Congratulations from the two J's (J'tor and J'trix)
  12. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Thanks, guys! :) We're tired, but doing OK. I am getting expert at breastfeeding, and Garner is getting expert at nappy changing.
  13. Roman_K New Member

Congratulations, guys. :)
  14. Maljonic Administrator

Brilliant, nice one you two.
  15. peapod_j New Member

He is lovely. Just remember that when he brings his first girlfriend home you can embarrass him with all his baby photos including ones of him in the bath.
  16. Katcal I Aten't French !

I'm so relieved you've decided to do things that way round... :D
  17. spiky Bar Wench

Sounds like the way me and the hubby divided up dog duties, he takes the front end I get the back end...
  18. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Lucky Spiky! The very thought of picking up dog mess makes me feel peculiar. I'd have to be one of those wusses with a plastic pooper scooper.

Of course, I've started doing more of the nappies now, since the smell makes Garner gag. I think they hardly smell at all.
  19. spiky Bar Wench

So having a baby has completely killed your sense of smell? Interesting...
  20. TamyraMcG Active Member

Probably just a part of the primal maternal instinct. If you think too logically about infants they are really an awful trial, but most of us like them anyway.
  21. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Most people say that poo from exclusively breastfed babies doesn't smell much. I think there's something wrong with Garner.
  22. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Congrats, you two!

His first beer is on me!

Um, I'm I the only one who didn't get the biblical reference title for this thread?
  23. Hsing Moderator

We thought so too. (I think it's natures way of training young parents to the job.)
  24. mazekin Member

Nope - I had to look it up. That's what comes from sleeping through Religion classes and using the good book as something to stop all the other books falling off the book shelf.
  25. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Just an update to say that only the first two or three post-meconium (however you spell it) poos were odiferous to me. I can handle him farting in my general direction just fine now. Michael continues to grow at an alarming rate. He's put on two pounds in under three weeks (as of his last weighing), and is at the 91% centile for height in the UK, 75% centile for both body mass and head circumfrence.

as regards Isaiah 9:6, the first two lines are 'unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given', or some such. the rest goes on about 'and he shall be called wonderful councelor, prince of peace' or similar.

I used the same subject line when emailing my work colleagues, and the academic standards officer wrote back to ask if I felt my child was Jesus, or was just taking a more buddhist view that we each contain an aspect of godhood within us.

I responded that I was quite proud of the little guy, even if the closest he ever gets to Nirvana is raiding my CD collection.
  26. Joculator The 'Old' Fool

Sorry , but didn't Handel coin that phrase in one of his numbers? :D

Good news never the less. Keep it coming :)
  27. DEATHOFRATS New Member

Just to clear stuff up...

Yeah, that is saying your son is Jesus...
  28. Rincewind Number One Doorman

Ah Cool. I don't think we need to take the quote too litterally however if he does turn out to be Jesus MK II. You should definatly consider opening up a wine and sandwich shop.
  29. Hsing Moderator

:lol:
    Also, Rincewind: Post more often.
  30. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Awww, does that offend you? Please say it does, oh please.

Anyway, since i'm unaware* of any standard convention to denote a subset of a given verse, and didn't feel like confusing anyone by inventing one (would Isaiah 9:6 [i-ii] have been better?), I cited the whole thing regardless of its relevance.

And anyway, his arrival was miraculous enough for me.

*If rinso's too lazy to look up the verse, then I can be too lazy to look up bibliography methods.
  31. randywine Member

Well said...
  32. DEATHOFRATS New Member

Sorry, maybe I take things a little too literally.