Is Time Nigh For Full-Length Movies Of Pterry's Novels?

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by TheJackal, Feb 11, 2006.

1. TheJackal Member

So now that we have the announcement that Sky One will film a 4 hour long version of Hogfather in time for Christmas '06, it has got me thinking that we can finally, realistically, expect a proper full-length version of a Prathett novel.

In the past we have seen Truckers made into a stop-motion animation (1992), as well as animated versions of Sould Music and Wyrd Sisters in 1997.

There has also been a TV adaptation of Johhny And The Dead (1995). Just this year we saw Johnny And The Bomb on the box. And now Hogfather is on the way...

So, if Sky One do a good job, do people think that will finally lead the way for a properly made movie in Hollywood?
  2. drunkymonkey New Member

It might. And hopefully it won't be a crappy money magnet. I hope that the morguls know that Discworld fans are far too cynical for that.
  3. Maljonic Administrator

[quote:a858cfe0e7="TheJackal"]... a properly made movie in Hollywood?[/quote:a858cfe0e7]Now there's an oxymoron if ever I saw one. :)
  4. Hex New Member

[quote:b4dbc13915="TheJackal"]So now that we have the announcement that Sky One will film a 4 hour long version of Hogfather in time for Christmas '06, it has got me thinking that we can finally, realistically, expect a proper full-length version of a Prathett novel.
    [/quote:b4dbc13915]

I hope they show it in the US. Otherwise I might have to bribe one of you Brit-dwellers to acquire a copy for me. If you do this for me I will assassinate* the political leader of your choice using the method of your choice**.

*By 'assassinate' I mean, doodle on a picture of their face with a sharpie marker

**Meaning you get to choose the color of the marker. I have sixteen choices for you. :D

(edit for le typoes)
  5. koshu New Member

i hope that this works out good, but i agree with hex on if you can aquire me a copy i shall do something, ill spraypaint instead, watever colour you like!! :) :lol: