Insert topic here

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by Garner, Aug 30, 2005.

1. Garner Great God and Founding Father

so, dunno how much truth is in this, even Ba can't find links to actual news stories about it...

basicly:

garnrag (10:40:59 PM): i heard tonight that appearantly a very bizzare case of attempted murder transpired,
    garnrag (10:41:22 PM): bloke stabbed his best friend in the stomach, was taken in for it, and he stayed quiet for days, but finally said he had to, after he got his orders from the spy mistress
    garnrag (10:41:36 PM): turns out this guy had been on a website where he fell in with this group that gave him secret missions or stuff,
    garnrag (10:41:41 PM): and it was a thriving community,
    garnrag (10:41:43 PM): 119 people
    Jack Manycoats (10:41:45 PM): Wow.
    garnrag (10:41:48 PM): not counting himself
    garnrag (10:42:00 PM): anyway, one of those people gave him the order to kill his best friend, so he went and stabbed him
    garnrag (10:42:01 PM): now,
    garnrag (10:42:15 PM): when the police investigated, they found the emails and the website and the whole story checked out
    garnrag (10:42:25 PM): except that EVERY SINGLE ONE of those 119 people was the fucking friend who got stabbed.
    Jack Manycoats (10:42:37 PM): Holy shit.
    garnrag (10:42:52 PM): he'd even included a 'code phrase' which the attacker was to listen out for, which would mean abort the mission. even when seeing his mate come at him with a knife, he didn't use it,
    garnrag (10:42:58 PM): so maybe it was just the most bizzare suicide attempt ever
    garnrag (10:43:09 PM): anyway, the stabber was busted for attempted murder,
    garnrag (10:43:17 PM): the stabee was busted for hiring for murder

Anyway, from what Ba's dug up, appearantly the kid didn't use the code word because he was expecting the attack to come at a shopping center, or something, and his friend jumped him in an alley?

the best we've got so far is this link:

http://www.channel4.com/health/microsites/P/psycho/kill.html

if anyone knows anything else, I'm quite curious to learn more.
  2. Mooseman New Member

There was a program on C4, it explained it quite well.

The Faker, (John) used chat rooms, and met the stabber (Mark), and became best friend on the internet. John then pretended to be another User (a girl) , and she became Marks girlfriend.

John then made up another character, (a gay stalker) and pretended to kidnap Marks virtual girlfriend. He said that if Mark were to masturbate and show his feet on webcam, he would let the girlfriend go. He did it, but later he learnt that his girlfriend had been killed, and the stalker dissappeared.

This was all made up by John to test Marks gullabity, and it was successful.

John then made a new character, Janet Dobinson, who claimed she was a secret agent for the Queen. Mark believed it all.

Janet told Mark that John was a very special boy and had to be protected, for the Goverments sake. Mark was given missions by Janet, such as "take John out of school for the day to protect him"

Mark did all these missions, and Janet told him he was being richly awarded as he did so. Janet then gave the final mission, and if he were to complete it, he would earn himself £600,000 and a date with her.
    The mission was to kill John.

There was an abort code, 6969, and if anyone said it the mission was to be aborted instantly. John and Mark went out that day, and Mark bought a kitchen knife, telling John it was for his mother.

They wandered into a set-up alley, and Mark stabbed John twice in the stomach with the large knife, telling John that he loved him.

Mark was then expecting Janet to come, disguised as a Police woman, to bail him out and give him his reward. She never came.

John survived the stabbing, and was charged for "Inciting his own murder", a unique charge.

John could of said the code at any time, but was too wrapped up in the fantasy he had told John, he never said it.
  3. mowgli New Member

...Maybe he forgot the safety code...
  4. sleepy_sarge New Member

5. Garner Great God and Founding Father

Thanks sarge.

i'll give em a read over later this week. should have thought to try snopes myself when I had the time!
  6. Marcia Executive Onion

I read about this in the newspaper the other day.

edit: While doing research for my job, so would've been the London Times or the Telegraph.
  7. Hermia New Member

:shock: Omigod! You guys aren't all the same person, are you? How do I know you didn't hire actors to come and pretend to be board members when I met "you"?
  8. Victimov8 New Member

I think I may be the same person - But I never met you so you are probably safe
  9. redneck New Member

I can personally vouch that the rest of the board people are not me. The voices in my head are much more entertaining and believable than these guys. If everyone becomes more entertaining, exuberant, and intelligent, then you know that I have taken over their minds with my divided-yet-individual mind. So baordanians, beware........
  10. mowgli New Member

Redneck, get out of my mind! This is getting embarrassing...
  11. Garner Great God and Founding Father

if ya like, i can start bumping things and arguing with myself...
  12. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

I do a really great eldritch demonic kind of voice, but Garner has forbidden it, on the grounds that it creeps him out.
  13. Pixel New Member

Aah, but what none of you seem to have realised is that everything here is me!!! Everything you see on your computer screen is me!!!! It's all made up out of PIXELS!!!!!

*puts arms into sleeves of nice canvas jacket held by friendly men in white coats - wonders why hands do not come out the other end - finds that there are leather straps holding everything secure - "You can't do this to me - five exclamation marks being a sign of madness? It's not a rule - just a guideline!"*
  14. mowgli New Member

...We are the Pixel.. We will assimilate you... The resistance is useless!
  15. redneck New Member

As you can see, since the place has not become more entertaining and intellectual, I've been too busy to complete my takeover of everyone's mind. I will try to get around to it by the weekend. Look out for good time ahead!!