In which of Pratchetts characters do you find yourself?

Discussion in 'BOARDANIA' started by MissQuillAndInk, Aug 28, 2005.

1. MissQuillAndInk New Member

I think everyone can find a little bit of herself/himself in some character from any book, so that's why I'm asking...

I for an example am a mixture of Rincewind and The Amazing Maurice -- I *was* more like Rincewind when I was younger, and then we bought a cat and, well, the catness sort of infects people and makes them more like cats too. :D

So, in which of Pratchetts characters do you find yourself? ;)
  2. TamyraMcG Active Member

Well Agnes Nitt has a certain resemblence even if I am no longer a maiden, and will have to do like Granny Weatherwax and just skip the mother phase and go straight on to being the "other one".

Just how close are you to being published?

Cats are the coolest ( don't tell my doggy I said that)
  3. Wizzard New Member

I'd have to say more like Rincewind now. I've learned that when your confronted with something, it usually works to just run. Wearing sandals helps.
  4. Buzzfloyd Spelling Bee

Lady Sybil. A bit posh, big enough to be laughed at in school, usually nice, but surprisingly resilient, lover of music etc etc
  5. fairyliquid New Member

Magrat, though that may just be the hair...
  6. Andalusian New Member

My parents are constantly telling me that I am Susan incarnate. No suprises there.
  7. chrispenycate New Member

Modo, Dwarf gardener. Short, good at compost heaps- watches with great (if detached) interest the chaos developing all around. :)
  8. Maljonic Administrator

I'd like to think I'm a bit of a Sam Vimes, with perhaps a touch of Vetinari's cunning and intellect; but it's more likely that I'm a Corporal Carrot. :)
  9. sleepy_sarge New Member

Hmm let me see.

I'm seen as an authority on my work, yet also as an eccentric who doesn't conform to the usual corporate mode. Passionate about my own field, I have been known to get snappy and impatient with people who don't "get it". Determined to maintain all my hands on skills even in a more senior position.

If I was a vain person, I would try to claim Vimes. But in my heart of hearts I know which character I really am.

The fact that I surround myself with musical instruments which I love to play (badly) at very high volume, and would kill for a go on BS Johnsons mighty organ [IMG] can mean only one thing.

I am the librarian :(
  10. chrisjordan New Member

I don't know what Discworld character I'm like, really... any suggestions, anyone? (I'm going to regret this, aren't I?)

I must be such an original character I am like no other. 8)
  11. Electric_Man Templar

CJ, you are Pewsey.
  12. chrisjordan New Member

Ben, get on MSN. I wish to stab you repeatedly with this here acid-coated blade.
  13. mowgli New Member

I'm not sure what I am now, but I'm planning on turning into a Nanny Ogg one of these days! :)
  14. spiky Bar Wench

I have a horrible feeling that in my working life I am Ponder Stibbons - the one who actually knows whats going on and has to direct those higher up on how to perform their jobs...

In real life as a person- probably the Oh God of hangovers :lol:
  15. Nester New Member

Ridcully and a little bit of Colon.....that just sounds wrong and kind of frightening so it definitely fits :)
  16. Ruka New Member

I'd have to say Rincewind. It wasn't until recently that I found out how much so. I'm a huge coward, but if I absolutely had to, I'd fight. I also don't like heights very much. Or the ground rather. XD
  17. Apeirophobia New Member

I like to think of myself as Moist but I'm probably more like Ponder.
  18. Cassiepeia New Member

Agnes Nitt, but without the brilliant voice. LOL :oops: :lol: Perhaps one day I'll be a mix of Granny & Nanny...highly unlikely but we have to strive for something in our lives, right? ;)

Cass.
  19. Ecksian New Member

When I was younger I was very much like Carrot in GG.
    Lately I feel more like Cohen the Barbarian.

Cass, what part of Godzone are you in?
  20. Saccharissa Stitcher

I'd say Mightily Oats. Because i know where I stand with an axe :axe:
  21. ArthurDent New Member